Does anybody want an easy Birth of Sky WR?
8 years ago
France

Here you go: (found by Doktor Krutz)

It is an OOB that allows you to finish the map immediately once you landed after the fall, a bit like the OOB on Big Bank.

I can't record a run now because of exams but I can confirm it works on vanilla Payday.

Now, with Big Bank and now this one, should there be two different categories for these maps (any% and glitched%)?

Edited by the author 8 years ago
Cladall likes this
Montenegro

There should definitely be two separate categories for the speedruns. I'm kinda tired of seeing other people's names on the leaderboard with crazy times but knowing they used glitches.

Queensland, Australia

Glitchless is the arbitrary category, it should be Any% and Glitchless, as any% entails glitches.

France

@Voetiem Yeah, you're right, I didn't realize when I wrote that.

Now considering how many exploits there are in Payday 2 (interactions through walls for instance) I doubt there are many true glitchless runs in here.

France

In my opinion it will be like Big Bank. There will be a run with that OOB but Overkill will fix this and it won't be possible after that. That's why we have the number of update in each run. And glitches are part of the game, if you don't want to use them, don't use them. But I will not declare glitches banned because of that. With Overkill which can fix glitches at any moment, they can at any moment kill a glitched category. And I don't want that. That's because we don't need for the moment to do a separate glitch/glitchess category. They are not so many.

Québec

from my perspective two category might be alright but speedrun therm is simple getting the mission completed the fastest way possible / if it imply using glitch/skip that what we do im alright with a category glitchless but speedrun should be wihtout speed restriction ( on the any % anyway)

France

A lot of time has passed since this thread.

We eventually had two subcategories (any% and glitchless) at some point, though we recently changed glitchless to a simple boolean variable and replaced it with botless since as of Henchmen Update, bots' presence matters much more often than skips.

Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest news
Version 1.39 of RNG Modifier

Hi Runners we have added RNG manipulation for the following heist:

Hell's Island: all options for glitchless runs

No Mercy: all options for glitchless runs

Slaughterhouse: all options for glitchless runs

Scarface: Wire box locations for glitchless runs

White Xmas: Santa will now always roll th