Good place to buy reliable SNES/Super Famicom controllers
30 days ago
Alabama, USA

This a shot in the dark, but my SNES controller has been on the fritz for awhile, and the screws on the back of the controller are stripped, making replacing the rubbers on the controller almost impossible. I'm also getting issues where when I'm trying to jump my A press drops making me fall into a pit or or not being able to jump through bowsers hammers, or something or other. Is there any or reliable vendor I can go to to get a newer or refurbished controller that doesn't feel like I'm putting down a bunch of force just to get a small jump? Thanks!

SuperGamer64 likes this
Scotland

Hey!

Unfortunately I don't know of a place for high quality controllers however if you are a DIY sort, you can buy replacement rubber membranes and that may assist with your dropped A presses. Websites such as ZedLabz, Console5 and AliExpress will all have these parts readily available, though do note you will need a PH1 screwdriver, and be careful not to strip the screws.

If you have any other questions please let me know!

SuperGamer64 likes this
Alabama, USA

Like I said, the screws on the back of the controller are stripped, making that REALLY hard. I appreciate the input though, I used to get replacement controllers through Retro-Bit but it seems they've stopped selling their controllers that work for SNES :(

Edited by the author 30 days ago
SuperGamer64 likes this
United States

@NathanAlmighty drag0n2011 has some for sale on ebay that is not his ebay name but you can message him in speedrun and he will tell you all of the details he fixed a super nintendo controller for me not vary long ago and It worked just like new

NathanAlmighty likes this
Alabama, USA

@Shadowbrine1 Thanks for the help dude, I'll be sure to message him!

United States

Your welcome happy to help

NathanAlmighty likes this
Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest news
Requirements for High-Level Any% Runs

Any% (NTSC) runs below 4:57.000 must now fulfill additional requirements in order to be verified.

• The run's full session must be included in the submission description.
  • For emulator runs below 4:57.000, some form of input display must be visible for the duration of the run. A hand-cam or input
4 months ago