Hello OoT speedrunners! We'd like to bring a few changes that have been made to the Ocarina of Time game rules to your attention. Make sure to check them out in detail by going to a category, selecting 'View rules' and navigating to the 'Game Rules'.
In short, the following changes were made:
- Dolphin was added as a legal emulator for submissions (for times slower than 10% of the existing record). Below you can find which settings are allowed and banned.
- Tricks and glitches exclusive to OoT versions 1.0/1.1 may now be used on emulator.
- The 10% cutoff rule for emulator was added to the Category Extensions board. Old runs within the 10% will not be removed, but new emulator times within the range will be rejected.
The Ocarina of TIme speedrunning Discord is the main hub for communicating with the community. Please join it if you would like to keep up with anything related to OoT speedrunning, and/or have any questions related to this announcement: https://discord.com/invite/7FYGh3d
Updated emulator rules
- Emulator is banned for all times that are within 10% of the existing record. If you are unsure of what this time is, contact a moderator.
- You must use Project64 1.6 or 1.7. All other emulators and versions (such as Mupen64/Bizhawk/Project64 2.0+) are banned.
- You must use the default settings for emulation (e.g. Changing the graphics plugin to do GIM is not allowed).
- You must use a Dolphin version at or newer than 5.0-15999 (ideally you just set dolphin to auto-update, should this version range change, we will make an announcement).
- "Emulated CPU Clock Override" may be set up to 115% to fix Dolphin-specific slowdowns to feel more on-par with hardware (recommended).
- "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" may be unchecked to fix the pause screen (recommended).
- "Enable Dual Core" may be checked (recommended).
- "Enable Cheats" must be unchecked.
- Any graphics backend is allowed.
- Internal Resolution must be "Native", Anti-Aliasing: "None", Anisotropic Filtering: "1x" .
- All other GFX- and CPU-modifying settings must be set to their defaults.
Recently, many longer runs submitted as Twitch highlights have had parts of their audio muted due to Twitch's automatic copyright detection, the most frequent case being long sections of Lost Woods music. Some vods will even give a network error at these parts which can cause several minutes of foot