Toy Story 2 Fix is a program that fixes and enhances Toy Story 2 for the PC. Features include:
- Fixes the "Unable to Enumerate Device" error.
- Enables the selection of 32-bit resolutions.
- Fixes the framerate issues that can occur on modern PCs.
- Allows the player to immediately skip the ESRB and Copyright screens.
- Allows the game to be played in widescreen with no 3D stretching.
- Increases the render distance of levels.
- Works on all versions of the game.
Each of these features can be disabled by editing the "scripts\ToyStory2Fix.ini" file.
ORIGINAL POST: This game was a big part of my childhood, so when I tried to run it on my PC and ran into issues, I was disappointed. The existing patches to fix the "Unable to Enumerate Device" worked but did not fix the slowdown.
So, I decided to create my own patch. Unlike existing patches, this works dynamically using DLL injection, so does not require replacing the executable. This also means it may work on non-US versions (I am planning on buying the UK version to test it but I don't have the money right now).
I implemented the existing patch, and also added another to fix the slowdown issues on modern PCs. I also plan to add widescreen support (although I doubt that would be allowed for speedruns), the ability to skip the opening copyright/ESRB screen, as well as fixes to other bugs should they exist.
At least for me, it would make more sense to have one board covering all three versions. Don't know whether it is a limitation of speedrun.com though.
Also, are we ever going to start actually using these, or will all Rayman 3 chat lie in the depths of Skype, never to be seen again.