(Kinda) New Rules - Continued
7 years ago
Dominican Republic

Did I just read that a slower strat is banned? Btw Hi, I've come back from the dead.

Deln and Outrage like this
United States

People are bothered about inventory and menuing between the parts of the gameplay that actually matter

and ignoring the fact that NG SS and NG+ SS HAS to have continuity between chapters for timing regardless of whether you open inventory or not.

just go IGT for everything, don't ban chapter intermission inventories, and ban mid-level restarts/checkpoint warping for SS runs. this is ridiculous and overcomplicates for no reason. The game gives you a time, the timer's consistent. Some IGTs just omit inventory screens (like with Silent Hill). The developers made RE5's IGT the way it is specifically so people wouldn't have to worry about that shit when competing on the leaderboards and (sans checkpoint glitch) it worked out fine.

Why overcomplicate it? The game just hands it off to players on a silver platter.

RE_Snow and Outrage like this
North Carolina, USA

I personally agree with Carci. Would people like it if we allowed inventory management and switched NG over to IGT?

Edit: typo

Edited by the author 7 years ago
Spain

Isn't NG RTA only anyways?

Dominican Republic

I personally think RTA is fine because theres no way to have sketchy times if you were to just time it the same way everyone does.

AndreaRovenski, zenix, and Deln like this
North Carolina, USA

So what specifically does everyone want?

United States

I mean the only reason NG would be RTA is for load times and chapter intermission inventory anyhow. I don't see a reason to go out of the way to make any kind of special timing ruling for such a banal section of "gameplay".

JakePlisskenSDA likes this
Spain

R T A FOR P C runs thank you!

North Carolina, USA

So Zenix, you want RTA for PC runs only? NG and NG+? What about console?

Spain

Keep PC and console entirely separated (as it should be). I think IGT makes sense for every console run though.

Deln likes this
North Carolina, USA

In order to do that we would need to create sub categories for each platform and then have the 4 difficulty sub-sub categories. And then we would need to have even more rules for each platform.

Spain

See how are you holding back the PC version applying the same rules as the console counterparts? That's the whole point of this!

Spain

Yes, I'm going to be honest because you can't understand the logic between speedrunning and having different versions to run.

United States

why do you want to do RTA for PC exactly Zenix? I personally don't see why it would be a problem to just do IGT since it doesn't seem like the IGT is actually affected by framerate.

JakePlisskenSDA likes this
Spain

Because if IGT is a problem running with unlocked framerates (which is faster) and we have a functioning load remover tool for RTA why we bother with IGT timing?

Spain

Care to explain that?