Kommentare
Thread: R?MJ
Pennsylvania, USAviyami5 months ago

10年以上前の話なので、SDA(スピードデモアーカイブ)時代にまで遡るような、時代遅れのタイム計測ルールを使っていたのも納得できます。伝統や過去の記録を尊重したいという気持ちは理解できますが、このボードではもっと現代的なルールに更新することを検討していただければ幸いです。

*同様の翻訳です。私の日本語はあまり上手ではないので、翻訳がおかしかったらご容赦ください。

Thread: R?MJ
Pennsylvania, USAviyami6 months ago

Since I guess it fits in with the title of the topic. I'm questioning the timing rules and why you're stating at "New Game' selection vs confirmation of name entry (or first frame of control in the actual game itself) as is common with other games with such features like Super Castlevania 4? (It's even fairly common for streamers of that to name runs after people in their chat.)

I started running this about 2 months ago and there was as far as I could tell not even a board at the time and have been using that starting point. And it seems odd to do it the other way given my awareness of how other games handle it. Is there some special RNG manipulation or something that exists in the name used that would impact the run? (I'm aware of the easter egg, but that wouldn't impact a speedrun.)

Edit to add: Also, after checking out your PS1 run and realizing, where you're stopping time is also odd at the end of the credits vs the pretty universally standard last significant input. (IE: Selecting the influenza vaccine in good end.) The only games I've ever seen use end of credits is when IGT or completion percentage statistics are relevant.

Thread: R?MJ
Pennsylvania, USAviyami6 months ago

Just wondering why emulator isn't being allowed at all? It seems extremely weird for an FMV game. So I'm wondering if there's an actual technical reason emus such as Duckstation wouldn't be allowed, as is accepted by many if not most other PS1 game boards?

Pennsylvania, USAviyami8 months ago

I've been putting together a human replicable TAS of the any% run, just to see the input timing. And I can't seem to get the time under 6.266/7. (Rounding dependent.) Even across multiple cores, I haven't been able to get below that time.

As such, I've been rather curious how the three tied for WR have managed to somehow save that additional frame to get a 6.25. Is there a non-obvious input(s); relevant clock/timer; or lag reduction technique that might be influencing this?

Pennsylvania, USAviyami8 months ago

Adding in a note: Sub-35 is very possible with perfect scarab RNG and not doing the safety check on portcullis scarab, which wastes ~25s. Though that's a 33% chance that chalks up to a pretty brutal reset point ~18 minutes into the run.

Thread: D: The Game
Pennsylvania, USAviyami8 months ago

The easiest answer is that it's nearly the same route/run either way. If you get a drawer scarab? Congrats, you're in optimal All Scarabs. If not, you're in Any%.

Entryway scarab is ~5s slower than drawer scarab when you account for turning animation times. And drawer scarab is on either route. I can't imagine why anyone would knowingly reset for basically no reason 2 minutes into the run unless you're really dead set on either category.

If anything, worse is the third scarab which may just RNG its way into the knight pit. That's a run killer that you don't know until post-fountain in All Scarabs.

Pennsylvania, USAviyami8 months ago

I've been wondering this too or even what non-obvious speed tech is going on since the original Reddit post explaining it got whacked by their mass deletion bs. I really doubt there's a difference of 7s+ between emulators.

Pennsylvania, USAviyami8 months ago

Apologies, 19:58.166. I was a frame off. 😂 Done on BizHawk/quickerNES core.

Unbekannt
Pennsylvania, USAviyami9 months ago

*Used Bizhawk/Snes9x Core

viyami Informationen
No vampires remain in Romania. Instead we reside in Pennsylvania, which sounds like Transylvania. And that's cool.
Beigetreten
8 years ago
Online
3 days ago
Läufe
6
Gespielte Spiele
D: The Game
D: The Game
Letzter Durchlauf 8 months ago
4
Läufe
Home Alone (NES)
Home Alone (NES)
Letzter Durchlauf 9 months ago
1
Lauf
Super Caesars Palace
Super Caesars Palace
Letzter Durchlauf 8 months ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077
Letzter Besuch 4 months ago
1
Besuch
Diablo Immortal
Diablo Immortal
Letzter Besuch 4 months ago
1
Besuch
Flooded Caves
Flooded Caves
Letzter Besuch 5 months ago
1
Besuch
Resident Evil HD Remaster (Steam)
Resident Evil HD Remaster (Steam)
Letzter Besuch 3 months ago
1
Besuch
Diablo II: Resurrected
Diablo II: Resurrected
Letzter Besuch 5 months ago
1
Besuch
Resident Evil Village
Resident Evil Village
Letzter Besuch 3 months ago
1
Besuch
Cruelty Squad
Cruelty Squad
Letzter Besuch 5 months ago
1
Besuch
D2
D2
Letzter Besuch 29 days ago
1
Besuch