Ape Escape has been released on the PSN store for PS4 and PS5 consoles!
With this both platforms have been added, All trophies has been added to category extensions, and a new clarification on rules has also been added.
ANY USE OF THE REWIND FUNCTION AND QUICK SAVE/LOAD DURING A RUN IS STRICTLY BANNED.
Simply opening the emulation menu is not grounds enough for rejection, but the use of either of the stated functions will result in the run being rejected on the spot.
Some notes(that may or may not be updated as more info becomes available):
- The Asia PSN region uses the PAL version of the game, originally at 50hz but now had an update to smooth it out to 60hz via frame blending and there is a large amount of artifact ghosting.
- The Japanese PSN region is 60hz NTSC-J and has had the pocketstation content removed.
- The US PSN region is 60hz NTSC-U.
- The PAL release is 50hz PAL version, Sony has stated they plan to release the NTSC versions for purchase in these PAL areas aswell.
- Preliminary testing has shown that PS4/5 loads are still slower than PS2 w/ FDS.
- If you own a copy of the game from the JP PS3 PSN store, it will cost you 100yen to purchase the PS4/5 upgrade since Japan doesn't have the full "free guarantee" other regions had.
- It is free with PS+ Premium (Deluxe in select regions) or will cost 1100yen or $10 USD
- Some users are reporting a deadzone issue with the left analog stick during gameplay causing them to walk slowly.