Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! Two years ago I started an amazing journey, speedrunning Wizardry 8. It was the first game I attempted as a speedrun, it was a game considered by many as impossible to finish within a reasonable amount of time (i.e. one afternoon), but it was a game I love and I decided to put my time into this crazy idea. My very first attempt took me 20 hours, but long story short, the WR is just above 70 minutes now! So come and join this great game and help me get it to under one hour :)
What to expect from Wizardry 8 speedrun:
- Some degree of RNG, but mostly in the begining of the game, where restarts do not hurt that much.
- Some mousework required. Being good with a mouse can save a lot of time (I am not).
- Conservation of momentum when running. If you are good in racing games, you are probably going to shave 5 minutes off the WR.
- No crazy input heavy tricks nor tricks that require overly precise timing (so far).
Where to ask for help:
- Wizardry 8 forum here on speedrun.com.
- My Youtube channel.
Looking forward to see your Wizardry 8 runs :)