I'm sure you could PM Almo on Twitch and he can help you out.
Sun, 18 Dec 2016
• Added: A global statistics page. The previously separate (and unlinked) 'Games added per week' and 'New users per day' graphs have been moved to this page in addition to several new graphs.
• Added: There is now a link to SpeedRunsLive's races page in the navigation bar.
Sun, 04 Dec 2016
• Improved: The user settings page is now divided into tabs.
Thu, 17 Nov 2016
• Improved: Emotes now show their code when hovering over them.
Tue, 01 Nov 2016
• Fixed: [nosrl] tags weren't correctly recognized if they were at the start of the stream title.
Sun, 23 Oct 2016
• Improved: Single row navbar is back.
• Improved: Mobile youtube links are now embedded automatically.
Wed, 19 Oct 2016
• Added: The sidemenu on user profiles now shows if that user is currently streaming.
Sat, 08 Oct 2016
• Improved: If there are multiple games with the same name on twitch for the game you're streaming, you can now add the url of the correct game in brackets to the stream title and it will be listed as that game on the site. For example, add '[hp2gba]' to the title if you're streaming https://www.speedrun.com/hp2gba
Sat, 01 Oct 2016
• Improved: The list of followed games in the navigation bar is no longer limited to 15 games.
Sun, 18 Sep 2016
• Added: New user list.
Tue, 06 Sep 2016
• Changed: If a user is added to a game as a moderator, they will automatically follow the game.
• Changed: The notification for a new forum post in a followed game is now enabled by default.
Sun, 04 Sep 2016
• Improved: It's now possible to set the month and day of release in addition to the year for games.
Sat, 27 Aug 2016
• Added: Finnish regions.
Fri, 26 Aug 2016
• Added: New donation benefits: https://www.speedrun.com/editprofile Now you can get a custom icon!
Thu, 18 Aug 2016
• Added: New social media options.
Sat, 23 Jul 2016
• Fixed: Games which are sorted by IGT by default
• Fixed: Games, series and sorting text list formatting
Fri, 22 Jul 2016
• Fixed: A glitch that made emulator times show even if disabled
Sat, 13 Jul 2016
• Fixed: A few text inputs that were unreadable are now readable.
Sat, 07 May 2016
• Improved: The level runs overview in user profiles now only shows the levels in which the user actually has a PB.
Fri, 06 May 2016
• Added: Categories now have a 'Player obsoletion mode' option to give better control over when a multiplayer run is considered obsolete.
Hover over the name of the option for a description of the different modes.
• Added: 'New fullgame top 3 run in followed game' and 'New IL top 3 run in followed game' notification types.
Sun, 01 May 2016
• Added: Game statistics pages, accessible in each game's sidemenu.
Fri, 22 Apr 2016
• Improved: Timezone handling code. See this thread for more information.
Sun, 17 Apr 2016
• Added: The games page, streams page and series overviews now have a text view in addition to the pre-existing box view.
• Changed: Guides and resources are now ordered alphabetically instead of by most recently edited.
Thu, 14 Apr 2016
• Improved: Game tags update. The most noticeable changes are the overhauled games page, streams page and series overviews.
Functionally, games can now be in multiple series, unofficial releases (previously called ROM Hacks) are handled more flexibly, and the 'moderation from above' option for games has been removed. See this thread for more information.
Wed, 16 Mar 2016
• Improved: New server!
Tue, 15 Mar 2016
• Fixed: A very small number of category/level/variable/etc names such as '0%' would incorrectly be refused.
Thu, 10 Mar 2016
• Fixed: The text of notifications related to times beaten in categories with subcategories should no longer be bugged.
Thu, 14 Jan 2016
• Fixed: Notifications related to new runs in categories with subcategories should no longer be bugged.
Fri, 08 Jan 2016
• Improved: Subcategories are now marked as empty if they are, just like categories.
• Improved: Subcategories are now displayed as a more integral part of the category for runs and the category name is now displayed more uniformly in different places.
This change affects notifications, run pages, the front page, the awaiting verification page, and user pb pages.
• Improved: When calculating the place of non-emulator runs for games where emulator runs are hidden, emulator runs are no longer considered.
This means its place (visible on the run page, front page, user pb page etc) matches the place it has on the actual leaderboard with emulator runs hidden.
• Improved: Normal moderators are now able to see the mod overview on the edit game page, on which they can remove their own mod status.
Note that the rest of the overview is view-only, so normal mods don't suddenly have more power.
• Fixed: Marathon schedule entries no longer have a broken link to the corresponding game if the name includes certain symbols.
• Fixed: Game IL overviews should no longer show bugged results for ILs that have unranked runs above 2nd place.
Fri, 01 Jan 2016
• Changed: Runs of which the player name matches a newly created account are no longer associated automatically with that account.
See this thread for more information.
Wed, 30 Dec 2015
• Fixed: Game IL overviews no longer show bugged results for ILs with subcategories, but show the time for the default subcategory instead.
Fri, 18 Dec 2015
• Fixed: Twitter card images for user pictures will now be updated correctly if you change your user picture.
Sat, 12 Dec 2015
• Added: Categories now have an option to have times sorted descending instead of ascending on the edit game page.
• Fixed: Place calculations now take subcategories into consideration.
Thu, 10 Dec 2015
• Improved: It's now possible to select the coming year for marathon schedules.
Mon, 07 Dec 2015
• Added: Subcategory values can now be marked as misc.
• Added: To help setting up new variables/values, there's a new button that applies the default value to all runs without a value for that variable.
This works regardless of whether the variable is used as a subcategory or not.
Sun, 06 Dec 2015
• Added: Variables now have a 'Use as subcategory' option, to make organizing lots of categories a bit easier. Example: http://www.speedrun.com/gtavc_chaos .
In addition, values of subcategory variables can have their own rules specified.
• Changed: Newly created variables will now have the 'Mandatory' option set by default.
• Improved: Adding very wide content to rules will no longer overflow and break the layout.
Sat, 05 Dec 2015
• Improved: There should now be fewer cases of dark themes being incorrectly marked as light themes.
• Improved: The '@' symbol is now automatically filtered out when you set the twitter link in your profile and no longer results in a broken link.
• Fixed: Category links on the front and awaiting verification pages now work correctly for full game categories even if the default game view is ILs.
• Fixed: The user who previously verified a run will no longer show up bugged on the run page if that run goes back into awaiting verification.
• Fixed: The characters for partial hour time zone differences on user info pages will now show up correctly.
Fri, 27 Nov 2015
• Fixed: The field to add a new value when submitting a run will now show up correctly for variables with the 'Mandatory' and 'User-defined' options both selected,
and no existing values.
Fri, 13 Nov 2015
• Improved: The category names on leaderboards are now evenly distributed if they take up more than one row.
Thu, 29 Oct 2015
• Added: Implemented some measures against spam bots.
Sat, 10 Oct 2015
• Fixed: Banned users will no longer show up on the streams page.
Sat, 03 Oct 2015
• Changed: Until a proper system is implemented, 'ROM hacks' are now renamed to 'ROM hacks/Mods'.
• Changed: Game mods can now delete runs they submitted even if they're not in the list of players.
• Fixed: Uploading new cover images and changing the url of a game at the same time will no longer break the url change.
Fri, 02 Oct 2015
• Improved: Page numbers for forum threads display more cleanly.
Wed, 30 Sep 2015
Sun, 27 Sep 2015
• Fixed: A 'New forum post in followed game' notification will no longer be sent for the first post in a thread (that's what the 'New forum thread in followed game'
notification type is for).
Tue, 22 Sep 2015
• Added: Option on the settings page to have your stream show up on the streams page. Affects game-specific streams pages as well.
• Improved: When requesting a game, there is now an additional text field where you can add notes if needed.
• Improved: For runs in games that don't require verification, their run page will now show that the run didn't require verification instead of
showing the confusing note that it was verified by the person that submitted it.
• Changed: Adding resources to games is no longer limited to mods. Instead, game resources can now be submitted by all users that have a verified run in that game.
• Changed: If a guide consists of a single url, it will no longer link directly to that url on the guides overview page, as recognizing urls was buggy.
Additionally there was no clear indication that the link would be external, potentially creating confusing/harmful situations.
• Changed: The author of a guide will no longer be the person who last saved it, but the person who originally added it.
• Changed: If a player has multiple times on a leaderboard, only the first one will be considered for ranking purposes. This means that if one person has all of
the top 3 times on a leaderboard, the person with the 4th best time is now ranked 2nd instead of 4th.
• Fixed: Users that somehow managed to select a non-existing theme in their settings will now be switched back to the default theme instead of seeing a broken page.
Sun, 13 Sep 2015
• Fixed: Old notification settings for a followed game are now correctly removed when saving new settings specifically for that game.
If you've already customized notification settings for a followed game, you'll need to save those settings again to properly replace old, not customized, settings.
Sat, 12 Sep 2015
• Added: The Guides and Resources links in the game sidemenu will now be marked as empty if they are.
• Improved: The top navigation bar will display a bit better on older browsers.
• Fixed: 'New forum post in followed game' notifications were not being sent.
• Fixed: A bug causing leaderboards to not load on older browsers (IE6, IE7).
• Fixed: A bug in deleting variables causing the values for that variable to not be deleted as well.
Tue, 08 Sep 2015
• Improved: Backend update for how deletions are handled.
You shouldn't notice anything really, but this should result in less broken data and thus fewer bugs in the future.
Mon, 31 Aug 2015
• Improved: Double posting prevention is finally in place.
• Changed: Mods can no longer delete runs, only reject them if needed. Users can still delete their own runs if they so desire.
Contact a full mod if you think a run should be deleted but you can't because of this change.
• Changed: On the runs awaiting verification page, only rejected runs from the last 4 weeks will now show up by default.
Clicking on the new 'Show old' button will show all rejected runs like before.
• Fixed: The Spanish region flags of Castilla La-Mancha and Castilla y León are no longer switched.
Sat, 15 Aug 2015
• Fixed: A bug that caused disabled notification types that are enabled by default still to be sent.
• Fixed: 'A new run is awaiting verification in a game you moderate' type notifications are now correctly sent to all users that have mod power (eg. series mods),
not just users that are a direct mod of the game.
Fri, 14 Aug 2015
• Added: You can now customize whether you want runs in misc categories on your user profile to be shown by default instead of hidden on your settings page.
• Improved: You can now always see all unread notifications in the navigation bar instead of being limited to the default 10.
That limit is still in place for read notifications though.
• Improved: When submitting times, milliseconds are now interpreted as you'd expect: entering '42' will be interpreted as 420ms instead of 042ms.
• Fixed: Notifications and emails were not sent correctly since Sun, 02 Aug 2015. They've been fixed now and all unsent notifications/emails have been sent.
• Fixed: Disabling a notification type for a specific game is now saved correctly.
• Fixed: The text of 'You've been added as a moderator to a game' type notifications now correctly contains the game name, rather than your username.
• Fixed: Times in notifications with milliseconds no longer get an incorrect trailing space.
• Fixed: Minutes no longer get a trailing zero if there are no hours present. eg. 7:42 instead of 07:42, but 1:07:42 is unchanged.
• Fixed: 'New guide added to followed game' type notifications will now be sent correctly.
Sat, 01 Aug 2015
• Added: Users now get customized twitter cards as well.
• Added: You can now choose whether full-game or IL runs should be shown as the default on your profile. Change this setting on your settings page.
Fri, 31 Jul 2015
• Added: When you include a link to a page on this site in a tweet, twitter will automatically show a summary of the page with your tweet.
Currently runs and game pages get a customized twitter card, other pages get a generic card.
• Improved: The page title is now a bit more informative on most pages.
• Fixed: Super series mods should no longer be incorrectly locked out of adding new games to the series.
Wed, 29 Jul 2015
• Fixed: Various bugs related to the following games and notification settings update.
Tue, 28 Jul 2015
• Added: Pending actions page. Here you can view and edit your runs awaiting verification and rejected runs. You can also view your pending game requests here.
• Fixed: Various bugs related to the following games and notification settings update.
Mon, 27 Jul 2015
• Added: You can now customize how many runs in followed games you will see on the front page minimum, maximum, and how old they are maximum.
• Fixed: Various bugs related to the following games and notification settings update.
Sun, 26 Jul 2015
• Added: Following games and notification settings. See this thread for more information.
• Changed: Games that have been on the site for over 2 weeks can now only be deleted by full mods to prevent possible abuse or mistakes.
Contact a full mod if you do find that you need an old game deleted for whatever reason.
• Changed: Rejected runs will no longer show their place on the Runs awaiting verification page.
• Changed: Marathon forums that have been inactive for over 30 days are now hidden by default. Use the 'Show inactive forums' button to show them.
• Fixed: Various bugs.
Fri, 17 Jul 2015
• Fixed: Some variable related bugs caused by the recent leaderboards backend change.
Mon, 13 Jul 2015
• Added: Users that are not logged in (and only if you're not logged in) will see non-intrusive ads in some places, to cover site costs.
More information in this thread.
Sun, 12 Jul 2015
• Added: The new API now supports getting leaderboards!
• Improved: The leaderboards backend has been changed a bit, which should make it more consistent and slightly faster.
Sat, 11 Jul 2015
• Changed: The 'Access as JSON' buttons are now gone, the API links are moved into the HTTP header.
• Fixed: The site now works if the browser does not accept cookies instead of ending in a reload loop.
Fri, 26 Jun 2015
• Added: An 'Access as JSON' button to side menus to access the API version of the page you're on. (If you don't know what JSON is, you don't need it).
This will be worked away better later, but with the current layout setup this is the simplest way of doing it.
• Changed: Run pages now use an encoded version of their ID. Old links will still redirect to the right page.
• Fixed: A bug where the verification date would sometimes be updated incorrectly when editing a run.
Fri, 19 Jun 2015
• Added: New API is in public beta! Docs are at http://github.com/speedruncom/api -- looking for feedback (ideally as issues on the github page).
Major updates for the API will be posted here, but for smaller updates check the above github page instead.
Sat, 13 Jun 2015
• Fixed: The new FrankerFaceZ API has been implemented so their emotes can be used again.
As before, prefix their emote names with 'ffz' to make them show up. Only emotes that are marked Public can be used.
Fri, 12 Jun 2015
• Fixed: The API for user PBs not returning the correct run in some cases.
• Fixed: A recent bug causing the category names not to show up on game leaderboards.
Wed, 10 Jun 2015
• Fixed: Foregrounds in themes work again.
Sat, 06 Jun 2015
• Fixed: Certain headers not being centered properly.
Wed, 03 Jun 2015
• Fixed: Long lines of text not always breaking properly in forum posts.
• Fixed: The correct flags are displayed again for subareas.
Mon, 01 Jun 2015
• Improved: Cleanup of the settings page. Most of it is backend stuff, the main visible change is that the user sidemenu is now also visible on this page.
• Improved: Images for series covers that are taller than they are wide are no longer rejected when saving. Note that the image will still be resized to an acceptable size.
• Changed: The settings and edit profile pages are now linked to from the user sidemenu on your own profile.
Sun, 31 May 2015
• Improved: Cleanup of the edit profile page. Most of it is backend stuff, the main visible change is that the user sidemenu is now also visible on this page.
• Fixed: Username colours are now properly adapted on light themes.
• Fixed: A recent bug causing renamed games to lose their theme.
Sat, 30 May 2015
• Fixed: A bug that caused marathon schedules to not show up correctly.
Fri, 29 May 2015
• Added: Videos from niconico are now embedded on the site.
• Fixed: Twitch videos with a region code in their url (eg http://ca.twitch.tv/ as opposed to http://www.twitch.tv/ ) are now embedded correctly.
• Fixed: A workaround has been implemented to prevent certain twitch videos from autoplaying which was happening due to a bug on Twitch's end.
• Fixed: Calculating the place was sometimes done incorrectly if there was another run by the same players with the same time, on the same date.
Fri, 22 May 2015
• Improved: Posts by since deleted users are now marked [user deleted] instead of showing the user ID.
Tue, 19 May 2015
• Added: API queries for a user will now return whether or not a run is an IL.
• Improved: The system used to send emails has been updated so our emails should no longer be blocked by spam filters of lots of providers.
Please let us know if you still have any issues!
• Fixed: Several small layout bits that were still not valid html5, primarily related to signups.
Mon, 18 May 2015
• Changed: Urls for run pages no longer include the game name.
For example, the run at http://www.speedrun.com/gtavc/run/2 should now be accessed at http://www.speedrun.com/run/2
The old url still links to the correct page to prevent breaking old links, but this will be phased out eventually.
This also fixes the issue of the wrong sidemenu showing if the game in the url is not the game the run is of.
• Changed: Within a game, category and level names need to be unique. The same applies to values within a variable.
• Fixed: An issue that resulted in a glitched theme if an error occurs with any of the images when adding a theme.
• Fixed: Things like categories and levels are now guaranteed to have a unique url, fixing any problems there were with identical urls.
(Note this is only applied to new and edited ones from now on.)
Sat, 16 May 2015
• Changed: Tied runs on the individual levels tables are now shown oldest to newest.
• Improved: The search field in the navigation bar will now shrink a bit on smaller widths.
It's by no means a responsive design yet, but it's a step in the right direction.
• Improved: Detection of users trying to submit images instead of videos when 'Video required' is enabled.
• Fixed: A few pages (such as user profiles) that weren't before are now properly affected by the 'X obsolete eachother' options.
Thu, 14 May 2015
• Updated: Backend of the notifications system. You shouldn't notice any difference, but this will allow us to use it for more exciting updates in the future.
• Changed: If a post gets more than 10 likes, the notification about it will become 'X people like your post' instead of '[huge list of names] like your post'.
Tue, 12 May 2015
• Fixed: Potential security leak allowing users to edit runs that don't belong to them.
Tue, 12 May 2015
• Fixed: Some cases where the front page and user profiles would show the incorrect time field.
• Fixed: The limit on username length when submitting runs now correctly takes unicode encoding into account.
Sun, 10 May 2015
• Added: When submitting a run, you can now enter a splits i/o run ID (For example: 41r for https://splits.io/41r ) which will show the splits on that run page.
The splits i/o ID is also returned by the API.
• Fixed: Positioning of the comment on run pages.
Sat, 09 May 2015
• Improved: Various pages should load a bit faster.
• Fixed: Ranking icons are now saved correctly even if they are the only thing changed in a theme.
• Fixed: Super mods can remove themselves again, if they so wish.
• Fixed: It's now a bit more clear what you can and cannot do with changing moderators on the edit game page.
• Fixed: Runs with videos will now correctly show up when 'Video Only' is checked even if the user has a faster run without video.
• Fixed: Submitting runs is no longer impossible for level with a numeric name.
• Fixed: The leaderboard once again shows the correct error if there are no categories.
• Fixed: The ability to delete levels.
Thu, 07 May 2015
• Added: Ranking icons for 1st down to 4th place can now be customized in game themes.
• Improved: The front page is now limited to three runs per game at a time.
• Improved: Mods now need to confirm if they try to post in a locked thread to make it more obvious.
• Changed: Super moderators can no longer remove other super moderators.
• Fixed: Various bugs related to the new variables system.
• Fixed: The loading icon had an incorrect background in some cases.
• Fixed: Clicking the counters in the navigation bar will now properly open their respective menus.
Tue, 05 May 2015
• Updated: Complete overhaul of the variables system.
• Changed: Removed the views counter on run pages for now.
• Fixed: The edit game page should now work correctly in IE.
• Fixed: Positioning of the 'No video' text on run pages.
Mon, 04 May 2015
• Fixed: Fonts should now look better on most non-Windows machines.
Mon, 27 Apr 2015
• Fixed: If a user has multiple runs with the same time for a single IL only the oldest run of those will show up on the IL board.
Sat, 25 Apr 2015
• Added: An option on the Edit game page to set whether runs done on different regions by the same user should obsolete each other.
• Added: An option on the Edit game page to set whether runs done on different platforms by the same user should obsolete each other.
• Updated: The description on the Request game page now includes:
'You will get a notification once your request has been accepted or denied. Requests are checked manually by an admin so it might take a few days.'
• Improved: Page load times should be slightly improved for all pages.
• Improved: If a game has more than 8 categories they will now be split up on multiple rows instead of all being on the same row.
• Fixed: Background colour of some elements incorrectly used the colour set for navbar instead of for box.
• Fixed: Some cases where the (empty) addition to category names would incorrectly not show up.
Thu, 23 Apr 2015
• Added: The footer now contains a link to this changelog.
• Changed: Runs in misc categories are now hidden by default on user profiles, and can be viewed by using the 'Show misc categories button'.
• Fixed: All settings on the Edit ROM Hack page should now save correctly.
• Fixed: The 'Series moderators have powers here' option would get unset automatically if a game was edited by a normal (not super) mod.
Mon, 20 Apr 2015
• Updated: The site now uses (nearly) valid HTML 5 instead of largely invalid HTML 4.
• Changed: The option to enable of disable that series moderators have power in a game can now only be set by super moderators.
• Changed: It is now possible to go directly to the series forum from a game forum from within that series.
• Changed: Super moderators are now shown first in the game sidemenu.
• Changed: Full mods and admins will now also show up in the moderator list for a game, if they are explicitly added to it.
• Fixed: Level and category names are now limited to 70 characters.
• Fixed: Direct links to posts now show an error if the post does not exist, rather than redirecting to an invalid url.
Wed, 15 Apr 2015
• Updated: The images on the promotion page have received a long overdue update from the mint to the default theme.
• Changed: As a temporary hotfix, users registered for less than a week cannot delete runs to prevent a possible abuse scenario.
This limitation will most likely be removed completely once proper prevention is in place.
Sun, 12 Apr 2015
• Fixed: Incorrect error showing up on streams pages when there are no streams.
Fri, 10 Apr 2015
• Changed: Full mods can now also ban users if necessary. (Admins already could.)
• Fixed: A number of streams not showing up on the streams page.
Wed, 08 Apr 2015
• Improved: The Request game page now includes a description of the two week policy which was previously only described in this thread.
• Improved: Resources can now be uploaded in .7z format in addition to .zip and .rar.
• Improved: Games/series without moderators are now automatically flagged for review by full mods/admins, so that moderators can be added and the leaderboard is
• Changed: User pictures (avatars) are now limited to a maximum height of 200 instead of 400 pixels. The maximum width is unchanged at 100 pixels.
When you upload a new user picture, it will be resized to be as large as possible within these limits.
• Fixed: Milliseconds are now properly shown for IL runs on user profiles if they are set to be shown for that game.
• Fixed: The Individual level overview page will now also use the default time setting.
• Fixed: Timezone calculations should now properly take daylight saving time into account.
• Fixed: Uploading .rar files should now work properly, as well as some specific .zip files which failed previously.
• Fixed: X is no longer shown out of alphabetical order on the games page.
Fri, 03 Apr 2015
• Fixed: Highlighting old runs on the awaiting verification page will show far fewer false positives in the case that users edit their old runs instead of submitting new runs.
Thu, 02 Apr 2015
• Improved: Overhaul of the Request a game form.