Propsed Category Changes (Sept 2022)
1 year ago
Texas, USA

Hello friends. I have been wanting to do this for a while. Have you guys played on hard mode? It's basically an entirely new game. The levels are so different and hard that it feels like a new experience. A new game. Very fun! All the level packs on hard are incredible! I want to to be able to congratulate and point out folks who have completed this difficulty with no cheats of course.

Right now, "Kaizo Pack" is the only category that uses hard mode. Asking folks to do all 3 level packs is a bit too much. (even on easy) I would like to add single level pack hard mode categories to make it more approachable for runners. That means new categories. However...

There are so many categories already. Many of them completely empty of runs. This feels like a waste. So I propose the following:

Remove empty categories:

1. The Kaizo Pack
  2. All 3 Level Pack Random Character
  3. Kaizo Pack Random Character
  4. All 3 Packs Rokko Chan
  5. Kaizo Pack Rokko Chan
  6. All 3 Packs Water Mode
  7. Kaizo Pack Water Mode

Add new categories:

1. Hard Mode SMB (any%, warpless)
  2. Hard Mode Lost Levels (any% 8-4, warpless 8-4, any% D-4, warpless D-4)
  3. Hard Mode Special (any%)

Also renaming "Kaizo" to "Hard Mode" will make it more clear what the category is. Same with changing "NG+" to "Cheats Allowed" NG+ is just confusing.

Please comment if you have any thoughts.

Texas, USA

Category changes are now live. There are still a couple empty categories (Rokko Chan Special and Water Mode Special) I may consider removing those after a few months if no runs are submitted for em.