The420beni used Cheat Car in his 1:10.03 Durham Road "lap record"
4 months ago
Russia

Cheat car that The420beni uses in this “record” (https://www.speedrun.com/nfs4psx/runs/znejev8z) is Upgraded Mercedes CLK-GTR. Visually it differs from a stock CLK-GTR - primarily by the presence of three stripes on the body. Also at 1:12-1:19 of the video of The420beni's "Durham Road lap record” you can see that the wheel rims are yellow (while rims of the stock CLK-GTR are silver)

And now about why Upgraded Mercedes CLK-GTR (The420beni's "1:10.03 Durham Road" car) is Cheat Car. Because it is IMPOSSIBLE to get this car in PS1 NFS High Stakes without Hard Cheating, since by default this car... is simply not present in this game

So how did The420beni get an Upgraded CLK-GTR? There are 2 relatively easy ways to do this, and I am 80-90% sure that The420beni in his "1:10.03 Durham Road" used option number 2 - he played NOT the Original PS1 High Stakes, but a special modification called "Complete Edition" [option number 1 is cheat code]

Here is a link to this modification: https://nfsmods.xyz/mod/2811 . "Complete Edition" mod introduces SIGNIFICANT changes to the game, and among other things, adds a Cheat Car, Upgraded Mercedes CLK-GTR. Why do I write that The420beni uses this particular mod with a probability of 80-90% - I have several direct evidence that I can provide if necessary

. . .

Another, perhaps the Main reason why this car is CHEAT Car. Upgraded CLK-GTR is CONSIDERABLY FASTER than the fastest car in Original PS1 NFS High Stakes, namely McLaren F1 GTR without upgrades. In fact, The420beni's previous best time on Durham Road - clearly demonstrates HOW much faster Upgraded CLK-GTR is than F1 GTR without Upgrades:

https://www.speedrun.com/nfs4psx/runs/mkqvk23m

1:10.03 (Upgraded CLK-GTR) versus 1:13.87 (F1 GTR no upgrades) !!

In adddition, some time ago I personally tested Upgraded CLK-GTR on Celtic Ruins using "option number 1" how to get this car (cheat code) :

...and even without significant training I did a lap time of 1:20.84 . To understand how Fast it is - my old Lap Record on this track is a full 4 SECONDS SLOWER (F1 GTR no upgrades, and I trained Very Hard for this result) :

. . .

Summing up what was written above, The420beni used CHEAT Car (Upgraded Mercedes CLK-GTR), which is NOT from the Original PS1 NFS High Stakes, and this Cheat Car is about 4-5 SECONDS FASTER than the fastest (!!!) car in the Original game (McLaren F1 GTR without upgrades) on each track

Thus, his "1:10.03 Durham Road lap record" should be removed from speedrun.com/nfs4psx/levels leaderboard, since he was playing a MODIFICATION of PS1 High Stakes, which gives a Big Cheating Advantage over normal players who use the Original game

Also The420beni's two other “lap records" (Celtic Ruins 1:24.65 and Dolphin Cove 1:32.43), which at the time of writing this post are awaiting approval from the moderators - should be Rejected. Because in these two “records" a Cheat Car, Upgraded CLK-GTR was also used