Hello :)
4 years ago
Minnesota, USA

Heya. DustyOreo here. I'm completely new (like new) to the whole concept of speedrunning. Seen many vids, but I've always wanted to try it myself. Hope to meet some of you and learn lots!

Welcome! If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me. Do you already know which games you want to speedrun?

Jhonboy64 likes this
Israel

Nice to see a fellow Oreo

Gaming_64, Rotciv and 2 others like this
Minnesota, USA

Eyy #oreosquad. :)

Um, I want to try Zelda (the old nes version), and maybe Super Metroid? I'm just looking for games that are relatively easy to pick up for speedrunning or to start with. Any suggestions are helpful.

It is often recommended to speedrun games you like casually but that's more a rule of thumb and some people would disagree, but I think it's a good guideline.

Minnesota, USA

I thought about starting with Zelda since it's a game I'm familiar with. I haven't played it in forever though, is it better as far as being new to speedrunning, to do like a casual playthrough first to get familiar with things?

I guess that's up to you? If you haven't played a game in forever it can surely help to play it again casually. Although a speedrun might have a different route than a casual playthrough.

Minnesota, USA

I've been looking at maps for zelda 1, to get an idea of how routes are run for it.