Kommentare
California, USAblackdeathdoom1 year ago

I think it's fine the way it is, you can put in "1 part" and tell all your friends "Look, all these other plebs are 2 parter casuals but I'm the true gamer with a 1 part run!"

UmiHime, lasagnaaammm, und DarkLordGonzo gefällt das.
California, USAblackdeathdoom1 year ago

I did it single segment once and I do not recommend. Also, rewarding people for hurting themselves seems like a bad idea.

UmiHime, DarkLordGonzo, und Deathtome gefällt das.
California, USAblackdeathdoom1 year ago

I'm sorry Umi, this will take away your 1st place but I think it's for the greater good.

Please review the changes and let me know what you guys think. I edited the rules also.

We can change the name of the category too, if you guys really want. 100%, 69%, 420%, ∞%, death frontier% show of hands what you want.

California, USAblackdeathdoom1 year ago

It's not that deep bros. 99% is a meme based on how stupid 100% is to track in games with no in-game counter and that we go to 99 additions. If anything, I'd prefer to rename it 69% or 420% or something.

I'm opposed to adding more categories for stuff no one runs. Since Umi is the only runner of 99% emulator I wouldn't mind changing the rules based on her preference tbh. It doesn't have to be the same as console. And for that matter I don't mind changing the rules for console either but is it really worth it for a category that no one runs and no one probably will run?

Edit: Lasagna and I agreed to just merge the 99% boards and put a tab in for both RTA and segmented. You can run either! Segmented will need a lot of routing though so goodluck.

GBsaysHi, Deathtome und 2 Andere gefällt das.
California, USAblackdeathdoom1 year ago

I agree with Lasagna, the two segments are only because it's unhealthy to do it in one segment. You can practice from any save at any time that you want but this is a RTA category, not a segmented one.

The run being streamed live is really the only way to verify that but even then it could be cheated. Could lead to drama later if more than just a few of us run this game.

B1GSALTY und Palmer gefällt das.
California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

ah, ok. low% means beating the game with as little as possible, so it would include no shopping and stuff like that

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

What would low% even look like for this game, I was thinking of the same thing but what about random drops like Bandit's ring from Drake? would using that if you get it back it a +1 item run (worse run)?

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

Well, we made "Addition%" where sachet and total vanishings are allowed. I did two runs second being 11:28. Total Vanishings on Freugel 2 pets and 1x Magician Bogy and Sachet on Jiango and Windigo heart. Also Wing Blaster on Ghost Commander to kill all at once. Haschel+Albert carry the run! Can probably get a 11:15 but need Drake to drop Bandit's Ring

Deathtome gefällt das.
California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

Well those are slow strats anyway, current wonder woman still OP. Bandit's ring doesnt save enough time to warrant wasting time to get it like that. The way I see it any potential use of rewind feature is probably gonna lose time instead of save it.

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

Since the new ports have been patched it is time to decide if PS4/5 needs it's own categories or not.

  1. What are the load times like?
  2. Does everything still work the same? In terms of RNG, mechanics and whatnot.
  3. Are there different ways to cheat the mods need to be aware of?

These are the questions I can think of off the top of my head, but there may be more.

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

Neither of those were overlooked by the TASman. Both are slower 100%

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

Very interesting. Take a look. https://tasvideos.org/7760S

Deathtome gefällt das.
California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

yeah I set it like this, can fit it to screen, I think this looks better though at least on my screen

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

yeah I heard duckstation was faster than console years ago, testing all load times would be sweet, like lasagna tested 90kv77k standard vs smooth graphics recently.

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

FURTHER, it's not too expensive to get everything you need to run on a console (ps2 is the best console ever imo) but still emulator seems fine to me.

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

Also it's pretty easy to clean up stuff from a moderator standpoint on a "smaller" game like this. I was looking at a few things that do seem cluttered and messy. Probably need to clean up stuff at least a little anyway.

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

As far as I know, certain emulators can be faster or slower depending on how you set them up. I personally have no experience emulating this game so I wouldn't know. I see no problem allowing it as long as it's clearly marked which emulator you used.

California, USAblackdeathdoom3 years ago

There ya go, there's a few options, I think this one looks best. What do you guys think?

California, USAblackdeathdoom4 years ago

Every console is different I think. Games any true gamer would have would be like ff9, chrono cross, ect

blackdeathdoom Informationen
Beigetreten
9 years ago
Online
8 days ago
Läufe
132
Gespielte Spiele
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
72
Läufe
The Legend of Dragoon
The Legend of Dragoon
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
43
Läufe
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy IX
Letzter Durchlauf 6 years ago
10
Läufe
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
6
Läufe
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
The Legend of Dragoon
The Legend of Dragoon
Letzter Besuch 21 days ago
695
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
The Legend of Dragoon
The Legend of Dragoon
Letzte Aktion 8 days ago
18
Aktionen