I understand, it's no big deal. I just wanted to clarify this so there wouldn't be any speculation in mind :)
What's the difference between testing strategies with and without the mod menu?
-
This has happened more than once, the same thing happened under the video by noobnoob423, otherwise I would have mentioned it (https://www.speedrun.com/ru-RU/gtao/runs/ywonw10m).
-
Maybe you are friends, too, but I don't think it's much professional. It just looks strange to outsiders, arrogant/aggressive.
-
As for modding, that's just something I've heard from a few people, i don't know about it from myself. I just thought I'd ask about it while I'm at it.
-
So what exactly do you use the mod menu for?
There's a big difference in how it's used. For example, between story mode and online play.
Is it normal for the admin kapibot008 to include his personal opinion in the runs? Especially a negative ones.
People also say he's a modder. Are there reasons why this is a lie/true?
Hey) First-person playing have always been something special. They have a unique feel, a unique level of difficulty, and some things are just not available.
And even just having a normal time with this style of playing feels awesome. So it would be interesting to return to this type of challenge in a game.
Yes, I forgot about that run and it sat in the ‘later’ folder for a long time. Thank you for your trust :)
Good day o/ I have a few questions :)
- Counts all heists and CMM like any%?
I mean, are any% strategies allowed for All Heists and CMM?
- Why AD-AD run counts like any% thing?
It looks like a setting that works on the keyboard. And it's not a setting for the PC, it's specifically for the keyboard.
For example, if you connect the keyboard to the console, it also works, so it's not a thing with the gaming system, but with the input device.
-
How can I check the elite time for Act 3 if there is no final screen in any of the POVs?
-
Why mask audio skip counts like any% thing?
-
Should completing a mission be counted in exactly the same way for all participants if it does not violate the rules?
I mean, if you change the session immediately after the green flash screen but before the cutscene starts, it will comply with all the rules, but the game itself will not count it as a completed mission for that player.
So if it's not the host doing this (one or more players), it's a good strategy for single host false.
Short Version (except Casino):
If you want freedom in passing - don't set any restrictions except the most basic ones.
If you want something more correct or specific - clarify and restrict, as this will suit you or many others.
Have a nice day who reading this o/
- If Casino on any take and full take are not separated, the casino becomes either meaningless or only a category of any.
This is especially true because any take is generally less popular among players.
This is because even the best run on full take beats almost any run on any take, even a bad one.
Also, the casino is not the most popular heist because it has a lot of bugs, but it is still popular.
Recently, a guy wrote to me about his interest in completing all approaches on full take together, which would be almost zero for this leaderboard.
I would like to see a division into solo or co-op, but even any take and full take would be good. If it seems like too many categories in Casino heist.
- Elite Challenge means following all the rules of the Challenge, not imposing more restrictions than necessary.
I read a lot of text today and noticed (but I had noticed this before) that many people are trying to impose more and more restrictions on the Elite Challenge.
It's as if it's not enough to simply fulfill the Challenge requirements of the game, but also to do so according to Old School rules, as the game worked in 2015 or so.
Why not ban all new vehicles that came out in the update after OG Heist, or all new weapons, and so on?!
I'm particularly struck by arguments about innovations such as “this should have been fixed” or “this shouldn't work this way” or “this shouldn't exist at all.”
By that logic, you could apply it to anything and ban everything new.
From my point of view, this has always seemed overly self-assured; we are far from being developers and cannot even see the game code.
Therefore, I believe there should simply be a division into game versions, without guesswork or assumptions. I think this would be the most appropriate approach.
The innovation has been corrected—it's a different version of the game, you can't compare the two. The innovation hasn't been corrected—that means you can still use it and repeat or beat any record.
Restrictions are neither good nor bad, but they should be separated as a separate path to completion, like a challenge with specific rules.
For a newcomer who visits the Speedrun website and sees restrictions like those in a challenge, it will seem strange.
But when there is a variation of both freedom and restrictions, they will be able to choose what interests them more.
- The majority is not equal to focusing solely on them. For example, I have nearly 10,000 hours under my belt, I have completed numerous challenges and speedruns with different teams, and having only one set of rules or categories makes the process oblivionsly — there is a lack of novelty.
For example, I've spent hundreds of hours on the Pacific Standard Route (aka North Route) in Pacific Standard Heist Final, and it's not that interesting or difficult anymore — even a simple flight on bike under the map would be more fun.
Because when you do something a lot and for a long time, it becomes routine (which can lead to a loss of interest and stagnation of skills — an example of what happened with the GTA Forums leaderboard).
New things will be more interesting to you, even if they are not the best or the easiest (fresh and relevant = interesting and high quality).
For example, I didn't like BLG at first; it seemed difficult and strange.
But after getting to know it and getting used to it, I realized that it wasn't so difficult and that it was fun.
Thus, if there are two categories in a certain type of walkthrough, one with 20 commands (the majority) and the other with 3 (the minority), this will suit almost everyone (90%+ of players).
And when there is no choice, it is difficult to persuade people to try something else, something new, especially on a serious basis.
- Many people also forget or do not attach importance to the basic terms “Challenge” and “Speedrun.”
Elite Challenge is first and foremost a Challenge, not a Speedrun. Just as Speedrun is first and foremost a Speedrun, not a Challenge.
It's just that a Challenge can be completed quickly, as can a Speedrun with certain complications/requirements, but these are the wishes of the players themselves.
Challenge is a certain type of playthrough with specific rules, including many nuances or preferences (Challenge - do something you haven't done before, do something that will be difficult, interesting, or unusual) - a path of restrictions, requirements, and desires.
Speedrun is completing the game as quickly as possible (Speed - go faster, Run - do it faster = go fastest as possible) - a path of freedom of action, just to be faster.
Hello comrades :)
I would like to add my two cents to the discussion of rules, categories, etc., both in general and more specific details.
- Many argue about what is better, which glitches are normal and whether glitches are glitches at all, looking for some kind of ideal option. But why try to please everyone at once? It's impossible and a waste of time.
For those who don't like more complex, new, or just plain weird tricks, you can make a separate category—for example, Elite Challenge.
For those who just like to get through it quickly and don't care how (within reason), create a separate category—for example, any% (but don't try to limit any% with any additional rules beyond the basic rules for all runs).
My vote is in favor of using warps, both in session and in the lobby. Both for solo play and for coop.
Also I am against removing runs that were published with compliance with the rules at the time of publication.
Because removing them would look like lawlessness.
I totally agree with Haezee, these are literally my thoughts :)
Bravo my friend, bravo :applause:
1 - If the community wants something, the mods should just accept it (since the site is just for the players, it's not a city administration or something).
2 - The rules should be clear, no second thoughts or private conversations, that's what they are all about.
3 - It doesn't matter if warps are used solo or 4p if that's what the players want.
4 - There is always a division on versions of the game, and complete fairness is impossible to achieve, because this is an online game and everything changes here, both for better and for worse.
5 - There should be a discussion of these or those things with the players, because making decisions only to the admins, or even just one admin loses the meaning of the site as a whole, it will turn into a leaderboard of one person/persons.
Finally the dead train has moved. After that Xeenon77 is a legend to me :)))
But of course I'm still grateful to Witt for finally waking up and doing something.
Even though: leaderboard gtaforums.com died; even though the rules that were not on the site were stored in someone's private messages, instead of updating them on the site and there were not the same questions again; even though new categories in which players are interested did not appear for months; even despite the fact that allowed prohibited runs, prepared before the mission transport for use in the mission in the lobby or changing game files; even though people spent much time on runs, only to have them canceled because of sudden rule changes that didn't happen before the run was published, and that's even though the runs were accepted first.
Things were so bad that people stopped focusing on these leaderbords for runs. Since there was no relevance and clarity to the rules.
Some people even started to think that runs were being deleted to keep the first places for admins xddd
I once thought of complaining about all this to the site administrators, but I realized that I do not want these conflicts, and just left everything as it is.
I really hope that in gta 6 online this will not happen.
I'm glad that there is such a good atmosphere, but if we talk about business, it was very bad. That's why I wrote this message and put some negativity. Sorry for sharing this, thanks for your attention and have a good day :)
-
You gave the example of the Big Con run, there 3 out of 4 accounts are fairly new, and those who don't know much will say they are newbies.
-
If you just meant to make the category warps false, that's one thing, that's a good idea.
But if you also want make a separate leaderboard for consoles, I don't see the point. There will only be a huge number of unnecessary tabs.
- About spending if you want something, I can say - if you are not ready to invest on any of the levels in something not only in the game itself, then you don't like it that much, and that means what difference does the filter distribute consoles & PC or not.
Petty attitude = petty interest and consequently the result.
Hey o/
They're not begginers. Also, there is already a category filter.
Just pick the platform you want and you'll see the best runs.
And the general leaderboard I think is made either to have everything collected in one place, or for those who really want to have the fastest run possible to buy the necessary things for it (PC, Console, Good PC for Much FPS, Special Seria of the Game and etc).
Have a good day bro :)))

