Kommentare
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Hey everyone!

We adjusted the start time on All VS Minigames to be when the “Start!” text appears on the first minigame. This allows the runner to retry minigames (as we see in several WR runs) instead of needing to quit out of the minigame to try again. This allows for proper and consistent timing for all runners who do the category.

Thanks to Wes, all the current non-obsolete runs have been retimed to match this change!

JuiceBomb_SR gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Hey everyone! I just added a long awaited category to the leaderboard: Individual Battle Royale Boards. I set the rules and variables as I were to see fit, only one not so certain about is minigame settings (personally, I think it should be "All Minigames" but I'll have you all input your thoughts on that).

With this in mind, I would like to open this forum to spark a discussion on what other categories you would like to see added? I have a few ideas below, but would like to know what your thoughts are for rules and such:

  • All Duel Boards (w/ variable to indicate what character you used or "Mixed" if you used different characters on different boards)
  • Duel Board ILs
  • Minigame ILs (mostly targeted for minigames with in-game timers/records)
  • All Minigames (excluding Game Guy)

Feel free to DM or ping me on discord if there are additional thoughts! I get a lot of notifications and may miss updates to this forum.

markg94 gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Spliced >:(

KitsuneofDreams gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Board ILs have been added as levels, but there are a couple rules I would like to have discussed as a community:

  1. Should the minigame set be “All” or up to the runner?

  2. Would runners want variety of ILs by CPU difficulty or is that unimportant?

Additionally, is there anyone that has interest in running an All Boards category? The distinction between this and Story Mode is enough to bring up the idea (10 turn meta and no boss minigames)

Please drop any other categories that you may have interest running in this forum

SOON TO COME: Minigame ILs

JokaFRFX und TheKingOfFlub gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Apologies. The forums have slipped off my radar and I didn’t ever get around to this. I will be adding ILs next time I’m on my personal computer at home.

infamousRedYoshi gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

I don’t disagree! I’d be happy to add ILs and individual minigames when I get a bit of free time on my hands 🙂

MP4 when I got on was only Story Mode and All Presents, and I definitely wanted to have more categories available, so I started with All Minigames (a popular demand among the discord). This is some great suggesting to start with.

As you stated, I am recently new to this leaderboard, but have not seen the old suggestions. Please feel free to reach out to me on discord if any more come to mind!

Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Yes please feel free to transfer your run over! I might manually try to upload others runs from there, if possible, when I get a free hand.

TheKingOfFlub gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

I went ahead and merged Story Mode into one big category as opposed to having separate categories. As a result, I had rejected some past submissions where the video proof wasn't there, and I apologize to those that got a ton of notifications regarding this. I have restored your runs, as they've been accepted in the past, so we'll leave them in the history books.

From here on out though, all NEW runs without video proof will be rejected.

I also went ahead and added All VS Minigames to the leaderboard with Any and Expert difficulty added as options.

If there are any other categories in mind to add, let me know and I may be open to adding them if interest is drawn!

BlueJay2018 und TheKingOfFlub gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

sheesh

Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

would highly recommend turning on fast text for your next week! you had it on "normal" speed

Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Epic! I'll update

Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Is there any way you can reupload as a YT video and not a live stream so the link can embed?

Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Do you mean launch via homebrew? If so, that’s emulation.

Any way of loading the game without a physical copy being used will be marked as emulated.

OGHappydude gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR1 year ago

Would highly recommend turning on Fast Text for your next run. You were playing on Normal speed :)

Maryland, USANoopsSR2 years ago

My main issue is in those games you’ve mentioned, there are predetermined routes and it’s a bit easier to chop off those load times.

Here, the cutscenes, not just the loads, are unpredictable and slower than NTSC as well (e.g. happening spaces, DK spaces, Dart Wheels, etc) and we’d have to eye the ENTIRE run to make sure we didn’t miss a moment, then do a calculation for it, whether it be a red vs blue space as well since those have different timings too. On top of things, # of minigames differ per run, so few more loads added to the equation.

This really does not sound like fun to me. This more sounds like “would this beat a certain time on NTSC,” but Mario Party is a game where RNG is based on timing of inputs, so the same RNG would not align on different speeds, and thus does not have a purpose in comparison.

I get you have a system of ideas, but this really doesn’t work in an RNG heavy game I’m afraid. I get MK64 does have its own RNG with items, but the whole run isn’t revolving around those RNG rolls like this one does.

Maryland, USANoopsSR2 years ago

There’s no accurate way to mathematically compare the times, and that’s just asking us to do additional, unnecessary work for the leaderboard. Different versions of the game have different speeds, and thus, we treat them as different records.

We’d have to account for literally every change as every event has different load times. From map loads, # of minigame loads, # of DK/Bowser space cutscenes, etc… every single piece would have to be accounted for in those calculations. That’s a lot of work to ask of the leaderboard mods.

Same can go for battle royale, but atm, SBA is the only category with PAL submissions.

Maryland, USANoopsSR2 years ago

Then it basically becomes a Fire run lol. I think one ability runs are more worth tracking than specifically No Wing.

SoapAgent gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR3 years ago

GGs! I’ll definitely be challenging this when back from vacation :)

SquidSlayerNate gefällt das.
Maryland, USANoopsSR3 years ago
Dieser Kommentar wurde gelöscht
NoopsSR Informationen
Beigetreten
9 years ago
Online
1 day ago
Läufe
194
Gespielte Spiele
Mario Party 8
Mario Party 8
Letzter Durchlauf 1 month ago
63
Läufe
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
17
Läufe
Toontown Rewritten
Toontown Rewritten
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
15
Läufe
Mario Party
Mario Party
Letzter Durchlauf 6 months ago
10
Läufe
Bugs Bunny: Crazy Castle 3
Bugs Bunny: Crazy Castle 3
Letzter Durchlauf 1 month ago
8
Läufe
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 7
Letzter Durchlauf 1 month ago
7
Läufe
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 6
Letzter Durchlauf 4 months ago
7
Läufe
Mario Party Superstars
Mario Party Superstars
Letzter Durchlauf 4 months ago
7
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 4
Letzter Besuch 20 days ago
78
Besuche
Super Mario Party Jamboree
Super Mario Party Jamboree
Letzter Besuch 1 month ago
50
Besuche
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Letzter Besuch 1 day ago
54
Besuche
Mario Party 9
Mario Party 9
Letzter Besuch 7 days ago
30
Besuche
Mario Party 3
Mario Party 3
Letzter Besuch 26 days ago
84
Besuche
Mario Party DS
Mario Party DS
Letzter Besuch 11 days ago
37
Besuche
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 2
Letzter Besuch 1 day ago
31
Besuche
Mario Party
Mario Party
Letzter Besuch 3 months ago
65
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Mario Party 8
Mario Party 8
Letzte Aktion 29 days ago
147
Aktionen
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 4
Letzte Aktion 1 month ago
96
Aktionen
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 6
Letzte Aktion 7 months ago
59
Aktionen
Mario Party Category Extensions
Mario Party Category Extensions
Letzte Aktion 1 month ago
13
Aktionen
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 2
Letzte Aktion 1 year ago
5
Aktionen
Mario Party Advance
Mario Party Advance
Letzte Aktion 1 year ago
5
Aktionen
Super Mario Party
Super Mario Party
Letzte Aktion 1 year ago
5
Aktionen
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 5
Letzte Aktion 1 year ago
4
Aktionen