Kommentare
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

https://i.gyazo.com/ed904e3b03c53332fc87b852a0e7ced6.png

Some feedback:

an alternate mode where the countdown starts as soon as you start mashing might be ideal.

The Hudson Shooting Watch does exactly that.

You should also include an average.

Also @Liv I have the slowest mash of anyone in this thread. I wouldn't call mashing the difference between a PB and a WR. You're more likely to lose more time on a bad dodge.

CursedToast gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

@Skywheel the pokemon community actually verified that there are huge load differences between emu and DS, even 3DS.

3DS is slower than all of them.

It's ok to name names, I'm the only one who recorded a run on actual hardware and it wasn't a fantastic run so it's whatever to me if you guys want to combine it.

In all seriousness though, getting an original DS modded is inexpensive - http://3dscapture.com/ds/order.html

I may try for a modded original DS someday to see how it stacks against emu, but i have my doubts the two will ever be on even footing.

Skywheel gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

Color and texture mods are probably OK, but complete model replacements are not.

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

Judging from these videos, the PC version is still running way faster. I'm thinking of buying a computer with specs equivalent to the recommended system settings for this game. If I do, I'll do a run and get a benchmark for how it's supposed to run. I probably won't be able to get a frame counter for it, but if we keep setting framerate caps we'll be able to get an idea of the max framerate it's supposed to have.

what about 25FPS? 25FPS is PAL framerate, but chances are the engine is adjusted to work differently for the PC version.

JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

http://carcinogensda.com/re3speedguide

A lot of you already know about it since I posted it on Twitter but I figured I'd post it here too so I could process feedback easier.

I'm saving the any% route and Nemesis% route for last because I'm looking for a consistent ammo route that requires as few menu visits as possible, and also because those are going to be the first thing people see when they open the guide. Do you guys think there's a better way to ration out ammo for Garbage Nemesis and Final Nemesis, or no?

To be completely honest, I'm not digging the number of inventories for Final Nemesis because of the ammo swaps and low DPS of the regular grenades, even though you're highly likely to use a FAS for that fight.

BB+ Grenade, AA+ Grenade, AA+ Grenade seems to work fine? Maybe pickup an A uptown?

JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

Actually, I learned that if you edit the bio3.ini file and add the following string under [Data]:

[Data] Complete=b0GslG_a Data10=d0360bc242017d766ffd

it gets rid of them.

JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

^

Also had to upload a separate one for 1.0, but they're both up

Skywheel, Robercigg und 3 Andere gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

Jaybone, do you have a Wii? Let's get down to the root of it, and be completely honest: why don't you want to play it on console itself when there's plenty of competition? Looking at the progression of the thread from the beginning, you started this thread, and others joined in because it "seemed like a good idea". It sounds to me like you just don't know how to run NTSC games on a PAL Wii (or are simply unwilling to buy the game on console).

There's literally a ton of options for you to choose from if you wanted to play the game and there is no reason to create more categories simply because you are unaware of how to find a solution.

PAL Dreamcast runs at 60Hz. You could import a PS2. You could buy a PSP-3000 for cheap, hack it, install the ISOs (or shit, buy them off PSN), and hook it up with composite cables. You could burn a Gamecube disc and run it on a hacked Wii like ArcadiaSkies did. Gecko OS or other bootloader homebrew Wii apps do this quite easily.

The reason the emulator categories are there to begin with is to allow an easy "low entry barrier", wherein the PSX emulator is the only emulator that can directly compete with an official Sony console.

"RE3 has a GCN emu category so why can't we" is not a good enough reason. That category is on the RE3 boards because the RE3 community don't want to get rid of it, even though I've insisted multiple times. They want it for the Dios-Mios, particularly because some people still didn't want to (or were unable) to buy an actual disc copy of RE3. As a matter of fact, I plan to revisit getting rid of the GCN emu/Dios-Mios category with the RE3 community because:

  1. RE1-3 don't need any more categories than they already have, especially since Dolphin is seriously not a stable emulator yet like the PSX emulators are.
  2. We should be striving to play on official consoles (or as close to official releases as possible) because they are accurate.
  3. Burning discs is still an option.
  4. Dolphin is not accurate for speedruns yet. To be fair to the point Limburger brought up, it can TAS, but TASes are still just movies and not accurate representations of speedrunning.

If you have consoles, then let's find a solution for you, and get you running NTSC. I can tell you like, immediately jumped from "I'm having this problem" to "I demand this solution" without any in-between (which usually starts with you telling us the problem you are having), so I'd like to know where your head is and if we can help you before you gotta stir the pot.

This not only goes for you, but for every other PAL region user who liked your initial post. Like, Roofress is NTSC so it's apparent finding a solution is not his issue (although it's apparent he wants to help) but everyone else who chipped in is from Europe. This is clearly a problem, but not one that requires us to jump to creating a whole new category just because knowledge isn't directly shared.

StevenMayte und Darazanjoll gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

I think the trick to the doors in Bio2 Sourcenext is to look for the "lag frame". There's a frame where the door animation pauses, skipping after that usually results in instant fade-in.

Some people have mentioned skipping as soon as you hear the door audio.

Alternatively, look at which doors skip instantaneously when you spam the button; I think that's how Trance solved door skips in RE3.

uhTrance, Darazanjoll, und Skywheel gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

it runs at similar speeds, but it may be a little slower. not sure.

JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

the way the game is programmed, the processing cycles are emulated within the game engine, not in the processor.

this is a port of a console game and that is how the timer works. The actual GAME itself will run faster or slower between machines (between instances, even) but the calculations of the game timer are totally bound to the processing cycles, and therefore, how many of these 'cycles' are rendered (not frames per second). that is why if two players take the exact same lines/actions, their timers will turn out exactly the same, but one may still be faster in real time than the other.

The speed of the processor may have some small influence on how fast the game engine actually runs (ultimately mitigated by the code that imposes a clock speed limit/framelimit) but that's the only spot where there could possibly be a difference between AMD and Intel.

AMD vs. Intel is bullshit, and whoever came up with it just got a subpar time.

Liv und StevenMayte gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFIL3parbw5k7uxdEvw6lqg/videos

You guys should watch, he beat Sherry and Leon No Hope without dying. I think he's Korean?

Either way, I know these boards are doing RTA, but he times them via IGT.

JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

Yeah, intro cutscene doesn't factor in IGT. It's around when the game engine actually starts that the timer starts.

Also, dxtory is not a good way to determine the framerate of a console game, as it is played on a console or emulator. As the emulator dips into lower framerates, so will the game speed. It's different with consoles vs. PC, because the logic of the game's engine dictates that everything must be rendered. So if the framerate drops, the emu doesn't just drop the frames and continue with the game like it's the same speed (such as with Unreal Engine), the entire game gets slowed down. PSX emulators aren't perfect timing-wise yet for that matter either.

JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

Just deleted All Scenarios due to lack of interest.

SephJul, PoopFist, und uhTrance gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

Which versions actually lose you time during a tactical reset? Are you saying that just in general (like the timer is still counting), or does the timer actually reset on some versions?

JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

Do we have a list of what frame to skip each door on exactly? I'm pretty sure framerate fluctuates at specific intervals if you run a FRAPS overlay, so it might be easier to identify that way?

JapanCarcinogenSDA11 years ago

Yeah I think stevenmayte has one on his youtube.

Windows 7 64 bit AMD FX8350 (4GHz 8 core) 16GB RAM EVGA GeForce GTX 970

I haven't really tried running the PC version seriously, and I don't know how to optimize door skips so I would be a terrible person to ask about AMD.

CarcinogenSDA Informationen
Beigetreten
11 years ago
Online
1 day ago
Läufe
48
Gespielte Spiele
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
12
Läufe
Resident Evil (Remake)
Resident Evil (Remake)
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
10
Läufe
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 2
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
5
Läufe
Resident Evil HD Remaster (Steam)
Resident Evil HD Remaster (Steam)
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
5
Läufe
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
4
Läufe
Resident Evil 2 Category Extensions
Resident Evil 2 Category Extensions
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
4
Läufe
Resident Evil: Survivor
Resident Evil: Survivor
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
2
Läufe
Resident Evil: Outbreak
Resident Evil: Outbreak
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
2
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 2 (2024)
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
4
Besuche
ULTRAKILL
ULTRAKILL
Letzter Besuch 1 month ago
6
Besuche
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
3
Besuche
Resident Evil (Remake)
Resident Evil (Remake)
Letzter Besuch 9 months ago
432
Besuche
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 2
Letzter Besuch 6 months ago
1,463
Besuche
Resident Evil 2 Category Extensions
Resident Evil 2 Category Extensions
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
45
Besuche
Dead Space
Dead Space
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
5
Besuche
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
17
Besuche