Kommentare
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

The IGT doesn't even count loads. Nor does RTA with a Load Remover. You should probably not worry about the hypothetical "guy with monster rig > shit computer" scenario unless it actually happens. Nobody owns a shit computer for a 7 year old game like RE5, so why should there be an arbitrary restriction for people who own a hypothetical potato computer? People are running i5s and i7s and streaming to Twitch just fine. If someone complains about it, there is nothing wrong with saying "sorry" and moving on.

AndreaRovenski und Deln gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

The Arrange Mode difficulties are renamed on Dreamcast (Rookie, Expert, Nightmare) but it's the exact same thing as on PC. Dreamcast version is a 1:1 port of the PC version minus doorskipping and loads.

I was also told that the timer didn't count loads on Dreamcast either but I need to use an emulator/hex editor to confirm.

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

Use Cheat Engine to lock your ammo count and practice that way.

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

That's the 50Hz Bug I think. Try updating to 1.1 and see if that fixes it.

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

Please separate between Normal and Hard too under PC and Dreamcast

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

was waiting on someone to take the initiative to do it, because i hate how long it takes to update things here now. Thank you!

RebeccaRE und StevenMayte gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

why was i removed from discord? was it deleted?

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

I have a PS4 and a PC copy, learned that on PC you can only sprint up and down stairs if the framerate is locked to 30, as I ran faster on PS4 (which was also locked to 30)

The way I achieved this was running it through a capture card that only does 1080p 30 and enabling triple buffer to trick my graphics card into refreshing at 30FPS

Is there a way to report a bug like this to Square-Enix?

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

Also important is Praxis Kit locations.

While Ghost XP bonuses will be worth it, taking a few seconds to get Praxis would help to get other abilities early.

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

Anyone have a way to mine the keycodes/passwords from the game? iirc they were all stored in plaintext in DXHR

Dubai - First Keycode - 0451

Prague - Time Machine - Shop - 1984

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

do you have a flip-top lid?

PSXchange only works on PS1.

Others are specific for booting PS2 discs.

I would recommend either getting a mod chip or buying a Japanese PlayStation.

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

If you're going to use an import boot disc, I recommend Breaker Pro if you can find it, but it's super rare. Breaker Pro will work with any model of PS1/2 iirc (haven't tried SCPH-90000 series yet), but you need to mod it with a special fliptop lid to trick the PS2 into thinking the drive door is closed.

Thread: Dino Crisis
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

Also, ZENO's run should go under Segmented. He used continues on the Therazinosaurs.

Thread: Dino Crisis
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

I don't think it's necessary to nitpick over 2 or 3 seconds. If you want those 2 or 3 seconds, just run on the fastest version/mode of the game. Why do we need that many leaderboards when 99% of runners will just default to the faster language/mode anyway? We don't have to force them to play with US/EUR passcodes.

Let's look at the facts, Dodi - none of the routes that anyone uses actually took advantage of differentiation in item placement. If they did, then they picked up items in excess. The most optimal route, whether it's US or JPN, always used the same items. When people started running this game, everyone watched the fastest videos and used the same route. When weapons are used, everyone uses 9 grenades at most (3 in any%) whether it's US or JPN. Item drop locations (if any) have proven by both ZENO and Luciano to make no difference for speedrunning. If the optimal route for Arrange is only a scant few seconds +- Original, then there is no case to separate between Arrange and Original. Everyone should just run the fastest version, no? The only reason I haven't run the Japanese version is because I don't know any of the codes for that version of the game.

Also, those runs should reappear if you uncheck the "platforms obsolete each other" box. In the most respectful way possible, I'm sorry I didn't carry over those one or two runs. I got lazy and I didn't think you were that partial to them because of what you posted in the descriptions. If they actually matter to you that much, then uncheck that box and re-add them, but I didn't think you were actually partial to them because you said in the description of many of them that you were "testing strats" and that they were "crap".

Thread: Dino Crisis
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

in order to keep things simple, I put the leaderboards back under Full Game format. It doesn't make sense to have a million leaderboards if platforms are comparable.

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

All Scenarios tbh

You only avoid very few rooms in a speedrun.

Besides, All Scenarios forces a different kind of gameplay that encourages less resetting.

A run like Kill All, All Scenarios, All Files, All Weapons would probably take 7 hours or something like that.

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

Mednafen core is actually what Bizhawk uses, but PSXfin is also good afaik

Why isn't PSXjin good?

JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

^ That

Although really it's very easy to pick this out if it's a stream recording and you weren't capturing Bio2SRT. Like, you'd have to be VERY smart to be able to cheese this. We've known about this bug literally forever but said nothing about it because we figured nobody would be stupid enough to try. The resolution switching results in some very obvious lag and errors with screen region capture. Like, it's impossible to cheese a record like this as you can see in the video, because you can see the resolution switching and OBS won't hide that when it happens.

This is the very reason why the no gamestate interruption rule is in play and why we must have audio. Certain people acted like it wasn't a big deal to just resume the game from a crashed state (they know who they are), but if someone is rapid switching resolution, we need every available way to be able to pick it out in case we suspect the greasy little bastard did it.

Things like this are why I'm a huge advocate of clientside recording a la old school SDA.

Darazanjoll gefällt das.
JapanCarcinogenSDA10 years ago

2 or 3 hz on stairskating is seriously negligible. What matters more is dodging and technique. That is 100% of everyone's time losses and I guarantee you that the person who has the best dodges is going to have the faster run than someone who stairskates at 15+Hz. Also, I've never heard of anyone going above 16Hz with one button. I don't think most controllers even poll higher than 20.

Even Mario 64 BLJs only require 8Hz, which is nothing.

Japanese players probably understand that mashing does in fact require a physical disposition (which I will agree with, absolutely, mashing is a physical limitation) and that is why Turbo is/was allowed in Japanese speedrunning communities; they only stopped because America and Europe said "no".

To corroborate, I have lost about 1-2 Hz since I started running REmake on Gamecube in like 2010. I used to be able to hit 12Hz but now I'd be lucky if I could hit 10.

CarcinogenSDA Informationen
Beigetreten
11 years ago
Online
1 day ago
Läufe
48
Gespielte Spiele
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
12
Läufe
Resident Evil (Remake)
Resident Evil (Remake)
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
10
Läufe
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 2
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
5
Läufe
Resident Evil HD Remaster (Steam)
Resident Evil HD Remaster (Steam)
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
5
Läufe
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
4
Läufe
Resident Evil 2 Category Extensions
Resident Evil 2 Category Extensions
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
4
Läufe
Resident Evil: Survivor
Resident Evil: Survivor
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
2
Läufe
Resident Evil: Outbreak
Resident Evil: Outbreak
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
2
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 2 (2024)
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
4
Besuche
ULTRAKILL
ULTRAKILL
Letzter Besuch 1 month ago
6
Besuche
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
3
Besuche
Resident Evil (Remake)
Resident Evil (Remake)
Letzter Besuch 9 months ago
432
Besuche
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 2
Letzter Besuch 6 months ago
1,463
Besuche
Resident Evil 2 Category Extensions
Resident Evil 2 Category Extensions
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
45
Besuche
Dead Space
Dead Space
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
5
Besuche
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
17
Besuche