ILs?
5 years ago
England

Is there a place to submit times for individual levels like 1-1, 1-2 etc or just the worlds?

Klagarn likes this
Sweden

Oh yeah! When I made the leaderboards, I actually asked for advice on how to set it up, whether to have worlds as "full game" or "levels", and whether to have true IL's in there. The problem is of course that there's 12 * 30 = 360 of the darn things, so the replies were just like "don't bother", since it would be pretty unwieldy in the speedrun.com interface

Also since I was the only runner, and only did world runs, it felt a bit silly to add stuff that no one was running (yet). So I added Any% as that's the "default speedrun", All Levels cause moving around save files is a hassle, and the world runs cause they felt like a more reasonable length (I haven't even completed world 5 myself)

Obvs there's not a huge amount of execution since it's fixed levels, but optimizing them (like how to do as few button presses/animations as possible) could be pretty fun. And there's already a level timer in the game

So yeah if people (meaning you for now hehe) want to do IL's it would be cool to track them somewhere, maybe something like a google spreadsheet (pinned in the forum for visibility) would be the easiest way? We'll work something out, lemme know if you have any ideas ?

Edited by the author 5 years ago
CallBal likes this
England

Idk how much work goes into stuff like this, but you could maybe have them as sort of like seperate categories on each world stage so the IL leaderboard would read the world numbers down the left and then like '30 Stages' then 'Stage 1', 'Stage 2' etc across the top. A spreadsheet could work for storing records but it may be difficult to produce leaderboards for each stage.

Also, I may try to do full world runs at some point, but have issues recording in intervals longer than about 10 minutes due to recording system on the Xbox One.

Sweden

Yeah could do that. Tell you hwat, do the runs and I'll add the categories as they come, feels a bit silly to have 30 empty categories ;)

England

I'll get to work over the next couple of days then

Sweden

You don't have to split your videos into 10 second segments per level btw, if you do a bunch of levels in one go you can just use the same video link in every level submission :)

EDIT: also I added a bunch of categories just to see how it looks on the site, so might as well add them all in one go. Worst thing is it adds a horizontal scroll bar, but not that bad

Edited by the author 5 years ago
CallBal likes this
Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest threads
Posted 5 years ago
5 replies
Moderators