Standard SOTN speedrun timing
By TalicZealotTalicZealot. Last updated
• Time starts when you gain control of your character. For PS versions Alucard delay would vary between 8 and 11 seconds, XBLA 3-4 seconds. Lower for Richter.
• In-game time starts slightly earlier than that, so keep in mind that if you don't do any actions that pause the IGT the clock will start opening at around 7 minutes and 58.3 seconds.
• Time does not start at first input, so you can not wait in the prologue to assure clock room is open.
• Time ends at the killing blow for the last boss (Dracula or Shaft) with the exception of the ACE/Save Corruption run, which ends at triggering the final cutscene.
• This differs from TAS timing, which begins at system power on.