Crab Jump Explanation
1 year ago
Florida, USA

Crab Jump is a sequence break found by TheBestestDill

typically the player needs the Double Jump to reach this button that gives access to the Trident https://imgur.com/a/y0aOAo1

however taking a hit from the crab at the peak of a jump causes the player to gain enough height to reach the button

this sequence break saves time as it reduces the amount of backtracking the player has to do to get each essential item

TheBestestDill likes this
California, USA

how would y'all feel about a full no glitch category. I just feel like excluding the crab skip in an any % category but not the ghost glitch is an odd choice. The crab skip is just damage boosting to streamline the play, which is what an any% is for, but allowing a straight glitch that is not mechanically intended is counterintuitive to me. Also why is there no 100% (No crab jump)? If it warrants a separate spot in any% then why not 100%. I say just do 4 categories 100%, Any%, and both but Glitchless.

United States

We made a separate category for crab jump because it is literally impossible on some people's devices. Tablespoon for example tried for hours on his pc, but when he tried doing it on his dad's pc, he got it second try. Plus, for some reason how long you can breathe without the air tank is also different across devices, which means even if you can get crab jump, you might not be able to breathe long enough to get to the chest. We have no idea why this game is so inconsistent across devices so we decided to make separate categories so it isn't unfair to other players doing Any%, that they literally wouldn't be able to compete.

As for not making a glitchless category, that would be making too many categories for a small game and gameplay wise isn't a major departure from how it is intended to be played. And we will make a 100% no crab jump category, once someone does it, until then we don't need a empty category.

Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest threads
Posted 1 year ago
Posted 9 months ago
4 replies