not fair.
4 years ago
Russia

Guys I think it illegal that the moderator records run video and he claims its run. I think it's not fair, let this runs check on other people must verified by another moderator! (moderators). I vote YES to this petition. The moderator should not assess his own run!

Edited by the author 4 years ago
RE_Snow likes this
United States

i see both sides to this.. the reason i feel a mod verifying their own run is ok is mods are some of if not the most trusted members of their respective speedrunning community. if a mods believes there own run is legit than its a legit run (unless "mod power" is being abuse), which none of us mods do. another thing.. ik for a fact the all the mods know the rules well, and it goes the other way with other mods knowing ik the rules well. if nova completed a full game run and couldnt accept it due to a rule hed just ask me and snow to. i cant speak for snow but personally i wouldnt waste my time watching a run ik is legit. just verify time and difficulty and move on. if a mod is found to be cheating in anyway the repercussions would be way more sever than if a un-modded runner were to be found cheating. like no 2nd chance sever probably lol i can see how a mod verifying their own record looks funny but it quite common in other speedruns as well. dont think its a problem personally

Russia

Ie, by your logic. Are you the best people and everyone else lies, cheaters? I thought the rules you kept telling were the same for ALL people. Moderator or just runner. Guys, verifying u own run this shame! A self-respecting gamer would never verify himself! xd. But I believe in your justice, so all OK.

Kentucky, USA

I won't verify anymore of my own runs if it'll make you happy. I can't speak for the other mods though. But I will say this, there's a reason they're mods. They're trusted. Trusted enough not to cheat. And if one cheats and meant to cheat, they'll be de-modded.

United States

anything to make queenny happy. ill stop verifying mine as well. ill just message you or nova for now on LOL

Edited by the author 4 years ago