Unfair differences in GCN and PS2
10 months ago
Finland

I was going through the IL leader-board trying to beat all the times, when I noticed that the sewer levels ending was drastically different on GCN compared to PS2. This makes the level 20-30 seconds longer on PS2.

Here's videos of the 2 versions for reference.

I'm guessing this isn't the only level that's different but I'm not sure. And I haven't checked any other versions. Does this warrant a separate category for the GCN version?

Finland

Seems like Sewer is the only level that has differences. Making another category just because of that seems excessive, so I would be fine with keeping it like this. I'll have to try getting the GCN version but I was going to try different versions anyways, since PS2 is really laggy in some sections.

Finland

I swear I'll make that version differences post one day... Channel 00 is also shorter on GC, the PS2 version has a 25-ish seconds long conveyer belt section before fighting the last two hover-evros (starting at 1:52:25 in that second video).

Between these and the differences in mechanics (especially PK's weapons), I'd honestly be in favor of splitting the leaderboard for the two versions

Finland

I didn't even notice that in Channel 00, since i managed to get the IL record anyways. 2 categories might be a good idea then, and if it happens I'll probably run both of them.

Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Recent runs
Level: Zondag
Level: Mothership
Level: Backstage
Level: Channel 00
Level: Sewers
Latest threads
Posted 9 days ago