DougDoug
9 months ago
United States

As the embodiment of speed run integrity, I say that DougDoug did nothing wrong. Bring the run back. 24 Sam's died to make that run. Do not disrespect the sacrifice of 24 innocent AI children!

purplSamurai, Dunamos and 4 others like this

Why is the run such a threat when its literally 7 hours? These moderators really be killing the mood for all of us.

Removing the run is so stupid. It was litterly harmless.

United Kingdom

Yes: but it was against the rules

I don't get what you don't get about that

The rules are the rules

It's called Any% For a reason.

United States

In the resolute pursuit of speed running triumph, DougDoug, an unwavering champion of the Twitch arena, did embark upon a formidable journey within the whimsical realms of Pajama Sam, fortified by the sagacious counsel of ChatGPT, an emblem of technological prowess. Let it be acknowledged that throughout this audacious endeavor, a convocation of twenty-five benevolent Sam's did gallantly perish, each sacrifice weaving a tapestry of steadfast resolve, meticulous strategy, and unbridled spirit. Their heroic demises, not in vain, were pillars upon which the monumental achievement of a seven-hour conquest was erected. Thus, we, the constituents of this virtual realm, humbly beseech the venerable moderators of the speed run leviathan to bestow due recognition upon this feat, that it may forever illuminate the annals of gaming history as a testament to the indomitable spirit of collaboration, innovation, and dedication. In the cherished memory of the valiant Sams, let this run be immortalized, and in its hallowed memory, inspire legions of future speed runners to ascend beyond the precipice of what is deemed possible. May the glimmer of their sacrifice eternally light the torch of endeavor, leading us into the boundless realms of what may yet be conquered.

Arzumify:

I've looked over the rules of the category and of running the game, but I can't seem to find DougDoug's run having violated any of them. I've pasted them below, would you be able to tell me which rules his run does not abide by?

Game:

• Time starts on the first frame of the cutscene triggered by the first click.

• Time ends on the first frame the mouse cursor disappears after clicking on Darkness's closet.

• Running using a pre-made save file is ALLOWED.

• Pre-made save files must adhere to the following: • Be at the start of the game. • Have NOT had any gameplay take place prior to save being created. • Using debug to configure the seed before gameplay is ALLOWED.

• Loading a save file mid run is BANNED.

• Using any fast forward features is BANNED.

• All emulated runs MUST be performed in the ScummVM emulator in order to yield accurate and consistent emulation. Use of emulation software such as DOSBox or emulation websites such as classicreload.com is prohibited.

• Use of the official Steam release counts as an emulated run, as the Steam release uses an iteration of the ScummVM emulator.

• Rebinding keys is not allowed, as well as the use of macros with the intention of having frame-perfect inputs.

Category:

-Complete the game from start to finish.

-Timing starts on first click, timing ends on the last click.

-Fast forwarding or any other debug functions are strictly banned during the run.

-Pre-made save files are allowed.

-Using ScummVM by any means makes your run count as an Emulated run. This includes the official Steam release.

Bobbbby12345 likes this

SolaceInCompassion The only rule it might break is the time must start at the first click but the WR didn't have a timer at all so that might be a reason why.

United States

Well, apparently, the moderators believe their precious speedrun.com is some sacred ground, and Doug Doug is just too much for their delicate sensibilities. Instead of welcoming new folks who might find it amusing, they'd rather play gatekeepers and bask in their self-righteousness. It's their little kingdom, so they can rule with their petty scepter, but it's a real buzzkill for everyone involved.

United Kingdom

@SolaceInCompassion

Alt tabbing out of the game is pretty clear grounds for cheating

United Kingdom

@FreePajamaDoug

What? If the run isn't removed everyone will just start alt-tabbing out of the window to splice the run or something. It's common practice on all speedrun leaderboards that the gameplay must stay on screen

Texas, USA

His run is 7 hours, do you actually think he cheated when he alt-tabbed out of the window? I understand that rules are rules, but sometimes they can be subjective. I understand famous people shouldn't always get exceptions to rules, but it brings good publicity to a small community, so it kind of makes up for it.

purplSamurai likes this
Azerbaijan

it has been MONTHS

SHUT UP YOU VIRGINS

I have one thing to say about alt+tab = splice. Doing a splice like that would result in some audio artifacts and mouse jumps (granted that they don't put their mouse in another location). And, excusing that, assuming their on an emulator, their taskbar will highlight the last program touched, whether it's live split or OBS. There is no reason for the run being removed. As for the run being possibly cheated, It's 20~ hours long. Who is dedicated enough to splice that run while dealing with AI.

Canada

better a virgin than an ableist...

yeah, i saw that spongebob comment :)

Philippines

There are no rules that I see and invalidate DougDoug's run, and I'm not sure about others but I don't like rules being hidden.

Alberta, Canada

I think banning a 7 hour long meme speedrun is fucking stupid live a little holy shit

purplSamurai likes this
United States
Deleted by the author
Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest threads
Posted 2 months ago
17 replies
Posted 8 months ago
2 replies