New Player Wanting to do Redux Runs
8 months ago
United States

Hello Moderators and players far greater than I. : )

Pretty straight forward, I'd like to do Redux Speed Runs. It just has so many good updates in it that I don't have any interest in running a non Redux Version. I'm new to speed running so I have no idea the impact of this ask and would gladly take an explanation or two as to how things work. My journey so far has been, create account, find Dungeon Defenders, read forum see redux not allowed. So I'm not exactly the most researched. ^^

Would a Redux Category be something the community would consider?

Czech Republic

Hello,

Redux is basically a different game and it's not really compatible with vanilla, especially when it comes to competition. If you'd like I can add it as a game under the Dungeon Defender series and make you a moderator - you would have to set it up though, since I know very little about it. There have been players asking before you, but unfortunately nobody seemed to be up to the task of creating, managing and moderating it.

dgamefather likes this
United States

Ah okay, thanks for responding and I completely understand. Since I am very new to this, I think what I'll do is try my had at the normal Dungeon Defenders. I found a Reddit thread that lets me have both installed so going back to non-redux wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Even my characters and their gear state was preserved in the transmission back. I'll learn the basics, experience the community and see about pushing into redux later. Thank you!

Utah, USA

Don't worry, I asked the same thing a few years back but now that some of the QoL changes are on vanilla, it rly isn't all that bad. https://www.speedrun.com/dungeon/forums/ea9vu

Edited by the author 8 months ago
United States

I did read your post first actually but since it was so long ago I wanted to make sure people were still around and see if I was missing anything. Sorry for the repost. : )

I've been looking through the QoL updates and I am absolutely in love with Vanilla again. I am very excited to get back into the game. I was wondering though, I see on the wiki it states that minion/tower stacking scripts are accepted by the community but within speed runs I didn't see this stated only that the technique was allowed. If an AHK script for stacking was allowed I sorta expected a link to it in the resources. Am I correct in assuming this is not allowed practice in speed runs and that all stacking needs to be done manually?