Kommentare
thepenguin555 months ago

Based on this other thread it seems like Emulators aren't banned?

https://www.speedrun.com/spider-man_and_venom_maximum_carnage/forums/qs92s

At the very least, Zewy's run got approved despite being run on an emulator (though it's listed in the Leaderboard as SNES).

So, I'm not a mod but here's my thinking: if you want to run the game, run it with what you have, submit it for the version of the game you're playing (SNES or Genesis/Mega Drive). Just be sure to note that it was run via emulation. In fact, here's a version of the Separation Anxiety run rules altered by me that you can probably go off of:

Clock starts when Spider-Man hits the ground on the first stage, and clock stops when you defeat Carnage (last hit). No cheats, or turbo controllers/buttons allowed. If run was played on an emulator, please add the name and version of emulator used (emulators on smartphones are not allowed; for Maximum Collection note the collection, version played and platform played on).

Again, I'm not a mod but I bet if you submit a run that follows the bolded text above it'll probably get approved? Thoughts from any mods?

thepenguin551 year ago

Yeah, it says 2005 for me on every device and they’re all set correctly. Any chance this related to me being in US? Not sure why that would make a difference but clearly something odd is happening here. Other games I’ve looked at show the correct year.

thepenguin551 year ago

So at the top of this page it says “Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent(2005)”. I copied that text and pasted it here. It says 2005 but it’s a 2006 game.

Thank you for the reply

thepenguin551 year ago

I’m coming to this late but I would guess many posting times or moderating here know this isn’t a 2005 game. Is it possible to change stuff like that?

I’m also just curious if there was a reason Version 1 and Version 2 was landed on instead of Montreal and Shanghai. They also used to get referred to as the HD and SD versions but considering the PC version is the only one that can be played at 1080p that’s not really a correct delineation. I’m asking purely out of curiosity as someone who has been checked out of the various communities around this game for awhile. I mostly ask as I know previously Montreal and Shanghai used to be the most common way of differentiating the two versions of this game. Obviously the 360, PC, PS3 versions are the Shanghai version and the PS2, Xbox, GCN, Wii versions are Montreal version.

thepenguin55 Informationen
Beigetreten
4 years ago
Online
5 months ago
Läufe
0
Beobachtete Spiele
Ultimate Doom
Ultimate Doom
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
2
Besuche
Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage
Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage
Letzter Besuch 5 months ago
12
Besuche
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
13
Besuche
Doom (32X)
Doom (32X)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
Doom (GBA)
Doom (GBA)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
Doom (3DO)
Doom (3DO)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
Doom (SNES)
Doom (SNES)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
Doom (JAG)
Doom (JAG)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch