Kommentare
Vietnamtch10 months ago

Using one without input display is rare nowadays since most people are using Mesen(2)RTA or NestopiaRTA. In a previous thread you mentioned Nestopia, so I think you're still using it now, of which there is a fork with input display here: https://github.com/108Pi/nestopiaRTA

Vietnamtch10 months ago

You could try v-sync in video settings.

IIRC it would slow the emulator down to 60fps flat. On 456 pace (OP mentioned) a run would be slowed down by ~0.3-0.4 seconds.

Luppie gefällt das.
Vietnamtch3 years ago

Turns out, on my machine, that speed changes only happens on GTK builds (pre-2.4.0). Newer versions replaced it with Qt5/6 and somehow fixed the issue (or maybe, at least, on my machine, as they run even slower than the legacy builds). However, most (if not all) distros provide packages of the emulator that weren't build with glvnd, so I think it shouldn't be much of a problem for the moderators.

But I'm quite concerned that someone might utilise it and there's no practical way to check if that person used an emulator that was build with it or not.

Vietnamtch3 years ago

I noticed that on my machine (Alpine Linux 3.17), the game runs about 3-5% faster if FCEUX was built using GLVND instead of "legacy" OpenGL. Sounds small but it'll really do something on warpless runs.

Can other runners who use Linux try building it and see if the game runs any faster, please? I hope there isn't any problem and it's just my PC doing crazy things.

edit. I've only tried it on version 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 of the emulator. I'm tesing it with newer versions now.

Vietnamtch5 years ago

1662607 / 33247.5

periwinkle gefällt das.
Vietnamtch5 years ago

I didn't have any problem building both of them (scons confused me a little bit at first), but for me, there are no differences between prebuilt versions and mines.

Vietnamtch5 years ago

Yeah, FCEUX runs just fine on my FreeBSD system with OpenGL option enabled, NEStopia doesn't even have a GUI, both for the original version and the UE version. I think puNES is a good emulator as well, but I didn't have any good experience with it recently, maybe my system is too weak for it. Maybe FCEUltra is still a viable option for speedrunning, but consider it's too old and buggy, I think, no. For timing stuff I often have FFmpeg recording desktop with @Hubcapp 's timing script (of course I edited it a little bit). edit. We don't know whether resources will be provided or not, until a mod actually response.

Vietnamtch5 years ago

@Mingura666 oh! For me, the games don't run whenever I use Windows (my computer is just too weak for it), but they run just fine on Linux/BSD

Vietnamtch5 years ago

Should a IPS patcher made (specifically) for *BSD/Linux, like kylon's Lipx be included in the Resources page, as some speedrunners find it difficult to patch IPS files on their non-Windows machine?

Vietnamtch6 years ago

maybe the movie file itself is corrupted, did you record or stop it correctly ?

Vietnamtch6 years ago

So, can I just use any version of Mesen before Run Ahead was added (in build 0.9.9 - https://github.com/SourMesen/Mesen/releases ), like 0.9.8 or 0.9.7 and don't get banned for using the unaccepted emulator ?

KilleDragon und x3non gefällt das.
tch Informationen
Beigetreten
6 years ago
Online
today
Läufe
3
Gespielte Spiele
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Letzter Durchlauf 1 day ago
3
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Super Mario Bros. Category Extensions
Super Mario Bros. Category Extensions
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
31
Besuche
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
153
Besuche