Kommentare
United Statesscrunky4 months ago

sorry for the very late action on this! unfortunately, since your youtube channel + video appears to be gone, i cannot approve this run. my apologies. if you re-submit with a video i can see about approving that!

United Statesscrunky4 months ago

sorry for the very late approval! i wasn't sure what to do with this run due to the bug, but nothing appears out of place. it's of course unnecessary to even take any action here, seeing as you've since gotten a faster time, but i figure it's best to approve this and not leave it pending forever.

United Statesscrunky4 months ago

sorry for the very late approval!

United Statesscrunky2 years ago

Sub 2 hours so soon! Very nicely done :)

hatokani gefällt das.
United Statesscrunky2 years ago

Well done run! <3

hatokani gefällt das.
United Statesscrunky2 years ago

Very good run! It's fun to see this category done without trigger skips.

sametonbo gefällt das.
United Statesscrunky2 years ago

This is a good question, I didn't consider that when I wrote the category.

I'm going to say Painless is not allowed for the category, to keep the category's difficulty relatively normal.

I'll also say Pain Mode is optional. Not that I recommend it, but optional if you wanna flex.

Also, perfectly fine if the English isn't necessarily all there! Glad to see your interest in running Painful. I remember you had some runs of Joyful up.

United Statesscrunky2 years ago

I think Buckets won't be of much issue. sametonbo proved in his run of all characters that realistically, it's about a ~5 minute timeloss to get Buckets. But RNG has to be willing, and willing it might not be. And planning the saves around it and figuring out how many party members you're willing to lose before Brad's Nightmare is the real test of endurance here. It's a big game of balance that if messed up, may mess up one or the other.

United Statesscrunky2 years ago

Was conceiving some insane category that I'd like to call "Painful%" for lack of a better name. Think of it as just completing the most difficult challenge run possible, while completing all objectives.

Complete the game on Pain Mode in Definitive Edition with the following goals done:

  • obtaining all party members
  • completing all caves (fighting the rando army in the 4th cave in area 1 and completing the joy lab are the main things here)
  • completing all islands (obtaining Dandy Boy/Snubby/Silk Poncho from resort island, beating Jonathan on dismal island, and obtaining both Ollie and Fly from garbage island)
  • completing all optional fights (Former Friend, Crush Mahone, Morty, Tree Man, Punkert, Beady / Satan, Laser Agar, Doctor, Blue, Peter / Flaming Man, the Road Scholars, The Pretty Boys, The Blue Rockets, and Rex Thunderstorm, thus requiring you to lose 2 party members at random to kidnappings, along with giving up Terry to Columbo)
  • completing all dojos
  • completing Brad's Nightmare in its entirety
  • while having never used Joy
  • choosing to lose both arms, and to top it all off;
  • buying the Student Creed from Bob Friday in Karate Island for 1,000 mags

I think the hardest part of this is not using Joy, personally. I honestly don't know how possible Manifestation of Marty is to beat without Joy, or if it's possible at all. I don't remember enough about the fight to remember how much of an impact it makes on it. But nonetheless, do you think this is too insane or difficult? I think this may just be the hardest category possible for Lisa while also still being very interesting.

I'll probably attempt a run of this sometime this week, I'm currently binging the Half-Life series, so I'll give this an attempt soon enough. I'm sure it'll be enough to make me wanna pull a Tom Brightside Miller to myself, and I have no idea how long it'll take me. But I think it'll be fun.

United Statesscrunky2 years ago

Went ahead and added a category for it, alongside a good brush-up of the board as a whole.

United Statesscrunky2 years ago

I'm all for it. Couldn't hurt to update the board for post-definitive release too so I'll knock that out as well. Thanks!

United Statesscrunky4 years ago

glad to see you speedrunning again!! nice time :)

sametonbo gefällt das.
United Statesscrunky4 years ago

Congratulations on 4th!! Looking forward to seeing you take the world record! :)

sametonbo gefällt das.
United Statesscrunky4 years ago

nicely done! getting better and better at the route.

United Statesscrunky7 years ago

Hasn't been posted in, but we've already figured out the cause as of a few days ago. Here's a video I made demonstrating why this glitch occurs:

xmas_emo gefällt das.
United Statesscrunky7 years ago

I've given you super mod. I am interested in this board although I am not active enough on this website to fully maintain it, minus verifying runs. Sorry for a late reply as well, I had no notification of a forum post.

Thread: The Site
United Statesscrunky7 years ago

Was looking for supermod for https://www.speedrun.com/lisa_the_painful_rpg. Main mod (Jeepitou) has been inactive for a while and has been unresponsive to requests to update the leaderboard. I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't for no response given to my request for it via the forums https://www.speedrun.com/lisa_the_painful_rpg/thread/ucwy3 (this thread has been up for over a year) along with Jeepitou not being on our speedrunning Discord. Seeing as he is the only super mod, this seems to make things a bit of a hindrance.

YUMmy_Bacon5 gefällt das.
United Statesscrunky8 years ago

Could add Survival records for the Level Leaderboards. I think it'd add a little more variety.

United Statesscrunky8 years ago

I personally think there should be more cutscenes to skip. The 3 alone are just fine. The sailing scenes IMO should be skippable, along with some other minor scenes.

I wouldn't see the point in creating a separate mod if we just made a new category. :P Just my thoughts.

United Statesscrunky8 years ago

I think we can use getting drunk to our advantage. If there's a way to trigger any random fights before bulldozer (one that's close) and get Birdie drunk, I imagine we could force a "Birdie has sobered up" message to appear.

scrunky Informationen
Beigetreten
11 years ago
Online
3 months ago
Läufe
20
Gespielte Spiele
LISA: The Painful
LISA: The Painful
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
13
Läufe
Bloons Tower Defense 5
Bloons Tower Defense 5
Letzter Durchlauf 7 years ago
3
Läufe
Streets of Rogue
Streets of Rogue
Letzter Durchlauf 7 years ago
1
Lauf
LISA: The Hopeful
LISA: The Hopeful
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
1
Lauf
Slap City
Slap City
Letzter Durchlauf 7 years ago
1
Lauf
tane.us
tane.us
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
LISA: The Painful
LISA: The Painful
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
1,149
Besuche
LISA: The Hopeful
LISA: The Hopeful
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
127
Besuche
LISA: The First
LISA: The First
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
117
Besuche
Citizens of Earth
Citizens of Earth
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
53
Besuche
LISA: The Joyful
LISA: The Joyful
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
30
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
LISA: The Painful
LISA: The Painful
Letzte Aktion 4 months ago
46
Aktionen
LISA: The Joyful
LISA: The Joyful
Letzte Aktion 4 months ago
11
Aktionen
LISA: The First
LISA: The First
Letzte Aktion 4 months ago
8
Aktionen
LISA: The Pointless
LISA: The Pointless
Letzte Aktion 4 months ago
5
Aktionen
LISA: The Hopeful
LISA: The Hopeful
Letzte Aktion 4 years ago
4
Aktionen
Citizens of Earth
Citizens of Earth
Letzte Aktion 11 years ago
1
Aktion