Kommentare

Hey DBcade, long time no see. Hope you've been doing well!

The short answer is this game is incredibly dumb.

The long answer is the developers really changed A LOT of the mechanics of this game compared to the previous Acclaim 3D grapplers. Haven't played this in a minute, but here's how I remember the game working:

Health recovery doesn't effect whether someone stays down and for how long. Instead, it determines if any players can recoup hit points in their health bar. So, there's no easy way to have opponents stay down longer.

The crowd dynamic is still very important, but for some reason, the developers made it much harder to get the crowd to cheer for the human player. There's only two things that I've found to consistently help the audience to cheer for you: Countering basic holds better than the AI, and using a very strong wrestler (Rhino, maybe some others).

This game puts VERY heavy emphasis on countering basic holds such as the hammerlock, arm wrench, and top wristlock. If you and the AI create a continuous chain of counters with these 3 holds, the damage done for each counter amplifies to incredibly high levels. End up with the last counter, and the crowd WILL cheer for you. Problem is, you're at the mercy of how well the AI will reverse your holds.

The best chance you have of pinning an opponent consistently is to have the crowd cheering for you while your opponent is in red. When being cheered, it increases the amount of damage you deal, decreases the amount of damage you take, speeds up your recovery time when down, and slows down your opponents recovery time when down.

A couple of other very important things to note: if the crowd is cheering for your opponent, don't even bother to try and pin them. Even with no health, they will kick out just about every time. Just wait for the cheering to stop, keep attacking them in the meantime. The other thing is to AVOID using the same move continuously. This will get the crowd to turn against you very quickly, which will then power up your opponent essentially. Even if you only have 3 standing "ready" moves, keep switching between each one. Just don't use the same move more than once in a row (UNLESS you're being cheered. When that is happening, you temporarily have free reign to do anything you want without consequence.)

I hope this helps, DBcade! Any other questions, feel free to reach out.

DBcade gefällt das.
Thread: WWF War Zone

Feel free to submit a run using the TV/ipad timer setup Denim. I'm the only mod for this game now and it's really not a big deal to me so long as the gameplay is legit.

It's been a long time since I've visited this page, otherwise I would've replied sooner.

I can't give much advice if you're using emulator, as I'm using real hardware, but it should be noted that the emulator guidelines have become more strict, so I'd try and consult Viper about it. He's the one who has good knowledge about that stuff.

As for general tips for the game, I'd say to practice the individual missions as much as possible before you really try to get a fast playthrough. Definitely practice "Interference", as that mission is a nightmare to play through if you don't have a set route down for the cameras. Also practice "The Getaway", as that is the absolute last mission you want to fail since it's the longest. Figure out which other missions give you trouble and practice them until you're confident in completing them a high percentage of the time.

If you fail "The Getaway" first try in a run, don't be afraid to reset immediately after, as that is a guaranteed loss of up to 7-8 minutes!

Hope this helps.

Sorry for the late response, but sure I'll make separate subcategories for both.

Thread: WWF Attitude

Hello Quberic. In response to your question, I configured a new category for the Game Boy Color version of Attitude. I made subcategories for career and challenge mode. If there are any issues or errors, be sure to let me know.

Yes definitely! I made a new category for it, so feel free to submit a run if you have one. As for the rules, I could only find one video of a full career mode playthrough for this version, so if and when you submit, I might change the time (and the rules slightly) because I've little to no experience with it.

hey

YUMmy_Bacon5, Gaming_64 und 3 Andere gefällt das.

Hi, I was wondering if runs of this on the PS2 are allowed, and if so, is it okay to use fast disc speed? I noticed the load times are cut by at least ten seconds with it on.

Also for clarification, I have the NTSC version of the game.

lumberjackcagemaster Informationen
Beigetreten
5 years ago
Online
7 days ago
Läufe
69
Gespielte Spiele
WWF War Zone
WWF War Zone
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
20
Läufe
Twisted Metal III
Twisted Metal III
Letzter Durchlauf 4 months ago
13
Läufe
WWF Attitude
WWF Attitude
Letzter Durchlauf 11 months ago
13
Läufe
Twisted Metal 2
Twisted Metal 2
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
6
Läufe
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal (1995)
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
6
Läufe
ECW Hardcore Revolution
ECW Hardcore Revolution
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
4
Läufe
ECW Anarchy Rulz
ECW Anarchy Rulz
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
2
Läufe
The Italian Job
The Italian Job
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
WCW/nWo Thunder
WCW/nWo Thunder
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
Razor Freestyle Scooter
Razor Freestyle Scooter
Letzter Besuch 5 months ago
2
Besuche
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
WCW Nitro
WCW Nitro
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
On The Run Classic
On The Run Classic
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
1
Besuch
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal (1995)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
128
Besuche
ECW Hardcore Revolution
ECW Hardcore Revolution
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
52
Besuche
WWF Attitude
WWF Attitude
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
140
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
WWF Attitude
WWF Attitude
Letzte Aktion 6 months ago
29
Aktionen
ECW Hardcore Revolution
ECW Hardcore Revolution
Letzte Aktion 8 months ago
10
Aktionen
WWF War Zone
WWF War Zone
Letzte Aktion 1 month ago
3
Aktionen