Thank you for including timer values, makes verification easier, especially for record runs
great strategy! I had played around with something similar and couldn't get it to work. Must have given up too quickly
smart using the city to get 2 of the totems! Don't know why I didn't think of that
Been fun seeing your optimizations and new routes.
So close with the bottom-left relay! Maybe disarm instead of destroy the blaster and save a bit of ammo so that you can send it over there as a safeguard?
Alright, just looked through the issues on GitHub and saw it. Thank you.
I am trying to get a list of all speedrun.com users. I thought that the api would be the best place to look. Is this the most recent version of the API? https://github.com/speedruncomorg/api/tree/master It hasn't been updated in 6 years so I was wondering if a more recent API exists.
I have successfully used that api to request all games on the site using https://www.speedrun.com/api/v1/games
However, when I try to use the suggested request to get all users in users.md, I get a 400. The request I am making is https://www.speedrun.com/api/v1/users. I can request individual users info using requests like https://www.speedrun.com/api/v1/users?name=abc, so "users" still seems to be the correct terminology. Is there an alternative way to request all users?
I am aware that I could hypothetically search each game for runs, and generate a list of users from all of the runs, but that seems unnecessarily complex.
Would also gladly accept a list of all speedrun.com users if someone has one handy. So long as it was generated within the last year or so.
Here is where I play: https://www.addictinggames.com/strategy/sea-of-fire-2
I noticed that some websites do not seem to emulate flash very well. After trying a couple of sites, I found this site to be the most stable on chrome: https://www.gameflare.com/online-game/ultimate-assassin-3/
Thank you so much, installing that worked for me.
Currently getting the following error when trying to launch the game: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." (0x36B1)
Here is a screenshot of the error: https://imgur.com/sG9Hdhi
So far, I have tried restarting my computer and re-installing steam. Hoping to figure something out. I do have an integrated graphics card which has caused me problems with other games, although this particular error is new to me.
Any help appreciated, will update this thread if I resolve the issue
I have modified the rules for Any%. I have also added a category for Conquest.
"I mean, by definition, any order is allowed. I don't think it's necessary to do any order. I'd prefer sequential order. " It might be allowed by definition now, but it doesn't have to be. That's the whole point of this thread, to figure out if it should be allowed or not.
"but I personally don't think any level is really hard enough to be a "run killer" which would be an argument for any order."
Wait until you see my crazy new Tucana strat :).
"We should not have two categories. The only other categories should be for the other level sets. [which I proposed a while ago lol."
I agree, I'll probably make a "Conquest" category soon.
I just became the moderator for "Creeper World: Anniversary Edition" (https://www.speedrun.com/creeperworld?h=Any&x=wkpvz4gk). The game is very inactive (4 full-game runners ever, last run before mine was 2 years ago). I have never moderated a game before so I am looking to moderators of other games for feedback.
Here are the any% rules as they stand currently: "Complete every mission in the main story. Double-Speed is allowed, and you don't have to clear your save data between every run. Run starts when clicking into the first mission, and ends on closing the statistics graph for the last mission."
This wording leaves quite a bit of ambiguity, and I would like to clarify it. One interpretation would be that you must complete the levels in the "default" order that they are available from a fresh save file. Another interpretation is that you can complete the levels in any order, so long as you complete all the levels in a run.
The biggest advantages of the sequential ordering I can think of are: This is what is available from a fresh save file It makes the most intuitive “sense” for what a full run should look like. It makes run verification easier (no need to have a tally of which levels are completed). Gives all runs a more uniform flow.
On the other hand, in favor of any ordering: There isn't any (known) functional gameplay difference in allowing for runs in any order, and if something was found, the rules would have to change anyway to ban runs starting on completed save files. We are already allowing runs from completed save files, so it seems like a bit of an artificial requirement that you have to go in order. It would probably allow for faster overall times since you could do the hardest levels immediately and quickly reset if you don’t hit them. It allows for more creativity in runs, giving people the option to play more how they would like. No runs would be obsoleted with this definition, since you can always choose to run sequentially even with this definition. Personally, I think runs are more fun if you are not required to slog through the boring tutorial level immediately.
I could also add a separate category to cover both cases, but it seems a bit excessive for a game with such a small playerbase. Open to feedback, curious what the standard is for other "independent level" type games. I did make a similar post on the game forum (https://www.speedrun.com/creeperworld/thread/hpcfs) a week ago but no one has responded lol. I know for sure I want to clarify the rules one way or the other, just not positive which way to go.
Hello all! I’m the new moderator of this game since @TheRat is inactive. I wanted to start a discussion of the rules regarding level order in Any%. Here is the current wording of the rules: “Run starts when clicking into the first mission, and ends on closing the statistics graph for the last mission.” This wording leaves quite a bit of ambiguity, and I would like to clarify it. One interpretation would be that you must complete the levels in the order that they are available from a fresh save file. That is, starting with “Hope” and working clockwise until ending with “Loki”. Another interpretation is that you can complete the levels in any order, so long as you complete all 20 levels. For example, you could do Ursa and Draco, and then complete the rest of the levels in the standard sequential order. I'm not dead set on it, but I am leaning toward allowing any level order. The biggest advantages of the sequential ordering I can think of are: This is what is available from a fresh save file It makes the most intuitive “sense” for what a full run should look like. It makes run verification easier (no need to have a tally of which levels are completed). Gives all runs a more uniform flow. On the other hand, in favor of any ordering: I don’t see any functional gameplay difference in allowing for runs in any order. We are already allowing runs from completed save files, so it seems like a bit of an artificial requirement that you have to go in order. It would probably allow for faster overall times since you could execute the more difficult strategies immediately and quickly reset if you don’t hit them. It allows for more creativity in runs, giving people the option to play more how they would like. No runs would be obsoleted with this definition, since you can always choose to run sequentially even with this definition. Personally, I think runs are more fun if you are not required to slog through the boring tutorial level immediately.
I could also add a separate category to cover both cases, but it seems a bit excessive when there are only 4 total runs. Let me know what thoughts you have! Not sure how many will see this since there are only a few runners lol.
Hello, I'm looking to make some fun graphs using speedrun.com data. I was wondering what the best way to get a data dump from the site is. My primary interest is to get a user list and every game each user has run.
Any help appreciated!

Pennsylvania, USA






