Kommentare
Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey2 years ago

Going a little further, No gold run is even more interesting in terms of gameplay of speedrunning.

Unlike traditional speedruns where the shop is very important, you have to clear the game solely by finding the good teleporters and boss killers from wands in the dungeon... and ofc avoiding invisible single gold pixels!

Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey2 years ago

I mean, when it comes to true pacifist%, WR will end up with 'Ice Charge x Black Hole combination.

(Note that the pacifist achievement must requires that you reach The Work, so the sky Altar isn't valid.)

On the other hand, the 'almost a pacifist' run is not much different from the common run: "Any% - Circle of Displacement".

And I think the former is much interesting, category diversity wisely.

Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey2 years ago

I second this. I've suggested this before on the speedrun discord along with No Gold%

Wananoo gefällt das.
Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey2 years ago

Ultimately, in order to prevent cheating as much as possible in games that rely heavily on randomness like roguelikes, we need to set paper-level rules and proofs like Minecraft.

However, even this is not foolproof and is an unnecessary measure in a minor game like Noita.

I still don't have a good answer to the question of whether it's right to not allow any mods for the sake of minimal precautions, but there's no doubt that many speedrunners would be happy to use it if it were allowed.

Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey2 years ago

I'm afraid of the potential threat that the mod may pose, but at least I might come back to speedrunning if the mod is allowed.

The problem with the mod that I can think of is that people can manipulate the script of the mod so that it always shows acceleration and circle of displacement at a same time.

However, these can be implemented perfectly without mods afaik

Unbekannt
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

Oh no Congrats toraji!!

Gelöscht
gefällt das.
Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

Tbh I don't know why this category was named Low% as well. Given that Noita has progression like perks, enemies, and spells, low% could be formally clearing the game without unlocking any of these things. In any case, these title is so strange and constantly cause confusion. If mods plan to change the name, I'll support it

Laxxius und MythicWhale gefällt das.
Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

About how to check if mods have been used in the current rule :

The current rule is you don't need to show the mod list or press esc unless the run is seeded iirc.

Of course, the status about Mods Enabled appears on the final screen, but the problem here is that if you start a new game with mods on, turn off mods, and then restart to the game, the final screen will not show the status for Mods Enabled.

By exploiting this, you can fake it as a random run by loading a seed you want, then disabling the mod and restarting the game.

If you press ESC even once, you'll still see a small message at the bottom of the screen saying 'Mods used', but there's no guidance on this in the current ruleset, so the potential for abuse exists.

Is there a way to check if a mod is enabled on a random seed without pressing esc other than the way I know? If not, are moderators willing to change the rules a bit?

Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

The current rule is you don't need to show the mod list or press esc unless the run is seeded.

Of course, the status about Mods Enabled appears on the final screen, but the problem here is that if you start a new game with mods on, turn off mods, and then restart to the game, the final screen will not show the status for Mods Enabled.

By exploiting this, you can fake it as a random run by loading a seed you want, then disabling the mod and restarting the game.

If you press ESC even once, you'll still see a small message at the bottom of the screen saying 'Mods used', but there's no guidance on this in the current ruleset, so the potential for abuse exists.

Is there a way to check if a mod is enabled on a random seed without pressing esc other than the way I know? If not, are moderators willing to change the rules a bit?

Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

Also in the Low% seeded category, would it be okay to submit exactly the same video as the Teleportless seeded run?

SneedPlays gefällt das.
Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

-About the hitless rule- Does breaking into the holy mountain without going through a portal count as an "intended" gameplay path? I wonder if it doesn't matter if I just destroy everything and go down as long as I can visit only essential areas

Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

Does breaking into the holy mountain without going through a portal count as an "intended" gameplay path? I wonder if it doesn't matter if I just destroy everything and go down as long as I can visit only essential areas

Den_ gefällt das.
Lauf: Noita
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

2 mins shortened What the..

daa130 gefällt das.
Thread: Noita
South Koreaharamey3 years ago

The question here is if you include the previous run time, are mods allowed for that run?

Lauf: Noita
South Koreaharamey4 years ago

Isn't this run 3m 3s?

haramey Informationen
Personal note : https://www.speedrun.com/the_site/thread/wrefn
Beigetreten
8 years ago
Online
2 months ago
Läufe
15
Gespielte Spiele
Noita
Noita
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
17
Läufe
VVVVVV
VVVVVV
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Letzter Besuch 7 months ago
24
Besuche
Minecraft: Java Edition
Minecraft: Java Edition
Letzter Besuch 9 months ago
49
Besuche
Celeste
Celeste
Letzter Besuch 7 months ago
32
Besuche
Hollow Knight
Hollow Knight
Letzter Besuch 10 months ago
117
Besuche
Noita
Noita
Letzter Besuch 7 months ago
1,046
Besuche
Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy
Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy
Letzter Besuch 6 months ago
20
Besuche