I think now that they rolled back the change to have stores with limited stock in normal mode, the time difference between physically buying things and holding E like we previously had to isn't enough to warrant resetting the leaderboards, but I'll try to prove it by beating the record in this update. If there are any nightmare mode runs though, yeah those are void.
And while stores with more coal will be faster as you won't have to keep buying the same piece, I think of it as a very fortunate side effect of general stores having much more loot, many runs died because the first store had no coal at all previously, now you'll lose a couple seconds getting a sub optimal store with 2 coal instead of 4, no big deal. How much time are you really losing clicking the register between every grab? Not much I bet.
*edit: After putting it side by side the new store is quite a bit slower no matter how you put it, not a huge deal for full game runs, but makes more optimized categories like 10Km basically impossible to get the record in.
The mine is so far out of the way I don't think we're ever gonna see it in a speedrun lol. As for a new category I always thought reaching a certain $ requirement would be fun since most runs rn consist of holding W for the most part, a speedrun where you would actually have to engage with the enemies and loot would be a great change of pace. Now with the addition of the "tycoon" challenge, why not copy the $1000 requirement, tycoon runs, win run first frame your $ goes above 1000. I'd run it!
Option B is much easier on the eyes but I would definitely change the name of the main category away from "Distance%" if we're putting finishing the main game under it. It's kind of the default way to play the game that people expect and shouldn't feel like an offshoot subcategory of reaching a distance. The layout is much better though. Since I'm feeling nitpicky I also think that runs should be ordered in a logical order, instead of FullGame, 10k, 20k, 40k, it'd make more sense to me to order them by their size, 80 > 40 > 20 > 10. I also feel that the default way to play the game is with a class, so it'd make sense for that to be the default rather than no class runs, which are more of a self imposed challenge rather than the fastest way to beat the game but maybe that's just me. Great work though I know it's a thankless job
I wholeheartedly agree with this post highlighting Nightmare Goggles as the optimal implant for Cruelty Squad speedrunning. The reasons presented are compelling and showcase the incredible advantages these goggles offer to speedrunners. Firstly, the ability to explore alternate dimensions allows for the discovery of shortcuts, secret passages, and hidden paths that can drastically reduce completion time. This newfound knowledge revolutionizes the game's flow, enabling runners to bypass time-consuming obstacles. Additionally, the goggles provide a solution to the often frustrating puzzles encountered during speedruns. By visualizing the correct solutions or manipulating objects in alternate dimensions, speedrunners can swiftly overcome these challenges and minimize downtime. Furthermore, the goggles' capacity to perceive the underlying reality structure empowers runners with unmatched precision in navigation, ensuring they can safely traverse treacherous environments. Finally, the goggles grant a unique advantage in exploiting glitches and bugs, allowing speedrunners to discover game-breaking skips and sequence breaks. Though acquiring Nightmare Goggles may require significant effort and luck, the extraordinary impact they have on Cruelty Squad speedruns is unparalleled. Embracing the goggles will undoubtedly propel runners to new heights and secure their positions atop the speedrunning leaderboards.

France
