Kommentare
United Statesblimlimlim2 years ago

Thinking out loud about commonalities between these two skips, to get a sense of where else might be worth looking.

  • Both occur in the final room of the level, with the item that serves as the level's win condition.

  • Both times, that item is on an elevated platform. There's a puzzle in the room which, when completed, activates a lift up to that platform's height.

  • The skips trigger by walking into a certain point on an obstacle within the room (as opposed to a wall).

  • The obstacle in question is one tile east of the item's tile, and 1–2 tiles away on the north–south axis.

  • The glitch trigger is somewhere on the east side of the obstacle (the midpoint in the Engine Room, the southeast corner in the Pirates' Camp).

I don't know which (if any) of these circumstances will prove to be important, but I figured it can't hurt to list them all out to consider.

United Statesblimlimlim2 years ago

I've been doing some searching for similar skips in other levels, and I've just discovered another one in the final room of the Pirates' Camp level. If you walk into the bottom corner of this plant (the low one with the berries), it triggers the level end screen:

United Statesblimlimlim2 years ago

Great find! I just did some testing on my copy and I was able to replicate the skip as well. It looks like it's even simpler than you were predicting – I did some testing of various setups, and I discovered that I didn't even need to press R or line up the metal box. It seems that walking into a specific point on the east edge of this platform just triggers the level to end on its own:

United Statesblimlimlim5 years ago

Ooh, this looks like a cool trick! It's been a while since I've done any speedrunning, but I'm excited to try this out.

Thread: [RESPAWN]
United Statesblimlimlim8 years ago

Definitely! I only really added [Respawn] since I was running [Revive], so it'd be good to have someone who's actually knowledgeable to mod [Respawn].

6oliath gefällt das.
United Statesblimlimlim8 years ago

Adding in the missing RTA times would definitely be useful! I'll bring you onto the team to handle that.

(Plus, holding the Any% WR is a pretty solid indication that you know your DoZ :b )

United Statesblimlimlim8 years ago

That sounds good to me! The leaderboard could definitely use a new design :)

blimlimlim Informationen
Beigetreten
11 years ago
Online
2 months ago
Läufe
33
Gespielte Spiele
Treasure Planet (GBA)
Treasure Planet (GBA)
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
9
Läufe
Dungeon of Zolthan
Dungeon of Zolthan
Letzter Durchlauf 7 years ago
8
Läufe
This Is The Only Level TOO
This Is The Only Level TOO
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
4
Läufe
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Letzter Durchlauf 10 years ago
2
Läufe
Achievement Unlocked 2
Achievement Unlocked 2
Letzter Durchlauf 11 years ago
2
Läufe
You Have To Win The Game
You Have To Win The Game
Letzter Durchlauf 10 years ago
1
Lauf
Achievement Unlocked
Achievement Unlocked
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
Dungeon of Zolthan
Dungeon of Zolthan
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
308
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Achievement Unlocked
Achievement Unlocked
Letzte Aktion 2 years ago
193
Aktionen
Achievement Unlocked 2
Achievement Unlocked 2
Letzte Aktion 2 years ago
49
Aktionen
Dungeon of Zolthan
Dungeon of Zolthan
Letzte Aktion 8 years ago
35
Aktionen
Achievement Unlocked 3
Achievement Unlocked 3
Letzte Aktion 10 months ago
17
Aktionen
[RESPAWN]
[RESPAWN]
Letzte Aktion 4 years ago
16
Aktionen
Treasure Planet (GBA)
Treasure Planet (GBA)
Letzte Aktion 1 year ago
11
Aktionen
[Revive]
[Revive]
Letzte Aktion 7 years ago
8
Aktionen
Achievement Unlocked Pico-8 Edition
Achievement Unlocked Pico-8 Edition
Letzte Aktion 2 years ago
5
Aktionen