Kommentare
United StatesWake_and_Jake10 months ago

Mods, I've come to bargain.

In light of the recent changes to the asl, I would like to make a case on how it should be implemented in runs, specifically in NMS. I know I did discuss this with some of the mods before, but this time I want to bring this topic up publicly.

As it stands right now, the house code asl allows runners to know the code to the parachute ending door before watching any of the film reels. This saves minutes of time and skips the entire house section up to the door; this wouldn't be much of an issue if the cause of it wasn't a file downloaded externally from a discord server. With all due respect, but to be blunt, I do think some may call that cheating.

I have heard similar complaints about its implementation, but as someone that regularly runs the game, it doesn't feel right that unless I use it myself (I don't plan on it), I'm gonna have to compete with runners that'll have a free 3-5 minute boost using tech outside of the game's mechanics. Having said that, I understand that the game allows you to attempt to guess the code before watching any of the films, and therefore it's theoretically probable to guess the code correctly the first time anyway (though i don't believe it'll ever happen unless a god is watching over us). It can also help with that stupid blank reel bug that can be demoralizing run killers, especially in longer categories like 100%.

This is why I suggest that when runners make it to the house, they are required to watch a minimum of four tapes before entering the code. This is to keep in line with the common strat of only getting four numbers and guessing the last one, and getting it first try isn't terribly uncommon; though, I have been made aware that 3 tapes have been played in a completed run before (I don't know if it's ever been submitted and I'm too lazy to check, @ me if anyone can find one). What tapes are played doesn't matter as long as they're played to completion. I think this is a good compromise so that the asl can be used, eliminate the rng with blanks, and still feel non-cheaty.

As for how they can be implemented in unrestricted, oob, etc, I don't stray outside of nms so someone more qualified would be better suited to make that call. I can only die on one hill at a time lol.

Thanks for reading :)

Fasttonby, DromCom und 2 Andere gefällt das.
United StatesWake_and_Jake2 years ago

A bit late, but here's the highlights of this run condensed into a 42 minute video lol

United StatesWake_and_Jake2 years ago
Dieser Kommentar wurde gelöscht
United StatesWake_and_Jake2 years ago

cassie putting down roxy with a shotgun has to be canon

AdrianPG77 und Twist_SR gefällt das.
United StatesWake_and_Jake2 years ago

It shouldn’t be

The NMS run that was submitted by me was 2/3 of a 900% run that I was taking the piss on lol

United StatesWake_and_Jake3 years ago

You're welcome :)

Next PB better be WR though lol

Wake_and_Jake Informationen
Beigetreten
4 years ago
Online
4 months ago
Läufe
58
Gespielte Spiele
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
24
Läufe
Five Nights at Freddy's: Secret of the Mimic
Five Nights at Freddy's: Secret of the Mimic
Letzter Durchlauf 10 months ago
12
Läufe
Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
8
Läufe
Club Penguin
Club Penguin
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
Letzter Besuch 4 months ago
446
Besuche