Kommentare
Kentucky, USATooOrange3 years ago

I went ahead and went with the three categories, and went back and re-timed all runs to end on the frame Koldan's health bar disappears. All runs should be in the appropriate categories and re-timed correctly, if there are any issues let me know.

Kentucky, USATooOrange3 years ago

I wouldn't mind adding a separate category for test skip. You make a good point that there is at least one cabinet in the wild (at Galloping Ghost I believe) someone could theoretically do a run on, and would not be able to take advantage of that. Determining what difficulty the cabinet is on might be pretty difficult should someone ever actually submit one, but I suppose that's a bridge to cross if it happens. Alternatively to having three categories, would it maybe be better to just have an Any% and No Test Skip category, and just have difficulty as an option similar to character under the run?

I have no issues with changing the timing, as I mentioned before I pretty much just picked an arbitrary spot that was easy to time. Do you have a suggestion on how we would determine the final hit frame? I've noticed that the health bars disappear after the final hit, so maybe the frame that they disappear? Depending on the attack I wonder if it might be difficult to determine exactly when the final hit "lands" otherwise but I could definitely be missing something as well.

DWednesday gefällt das.
Kentucky, USATooOrange3 years ago

Hey there! I kind of just threw up a run and got this game added just because I didn't see it listed on here. The 1CC thing was just a carryover from other things I had seen, but I don't necessarily see why it would need to stay that way. The timer stop on the newspaper was mostly just because it was an easy cue to stop a timer on.

I did notice the issues with DBCade's run and mentioned to him at the time that I thought he maybe had some emulation issues on his end, but again as you said it technically only would have made his run slower and not given him benefit, so I saw no reason not to approve it.

That's interesting that is the only difference between difficulties. I honestly didn't put a ton of time into this game so I guess I hadn't really made that observation. That being said, since they do play differently it seems it would be best to keep them as separate categories, but it's certainly not something I'm set on one way or another.

DWednesday gefällt das.
TooOrange Informationen
Just a guy playing old videogames, sometimes fast-ish.
Beigetreten
6 years ago
Online
5 days ago
Läufe
62
Gespielte Spiele
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
13
Läufe
Super Dodge Ball
Super Dodge Ball
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
8
Läufe
King's Bounty
King's Bounty
Letzter Durchlauf 6 years ago
8
Läufe
The Uncanny X-Men
The Uncanny X-Men
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
6
Läufe
Castlevania (NES)
Castlevania (NES)
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
5
Läufe
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 2
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
4
Läufe
Die Hard (NES)
Die Hard (NES)
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
3
Läufe
Tag Team Wrestling
Tag Team Wrestling
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
3
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
DuckTales (NES)
DuckTales (NES)
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
7
Besuche
Time Killers
Time Killers
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
166
Besuche
King's Bounty
King's Bounty
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
75
Besuche
The Uncanny X-Men
The Uncanny X-Men
Letzter Besuch 2 months ago
285
Besuche
Tattoo Assassins
Tattoo Assassins
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
221
Besuche
Die Hard (NES)
Die Hard (NES)
Letzter Besuch 8 months ago
84
Besuche
Rygar (NES)
Rygar (NES)
Letzter Besuch 8 months ago
165
Besuche
Super Dodge Ball
Super Dodge Ball
Letzter Besuch 8 months ago
378
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Tattoo Assassins
Tattoo Assassins
Letzte Aktion 3 years ago
10
Aktionen
Time Killers
Time Killers
Letzte Aktion 1 year ago
6
Aktionen
The Uncanny X-Men
The Uncanny X-Men
Letzte Aktion 1 year ago
5
Aktionen