Yeah this version is pretty close to the NES version in all the levels that are included.
Seeing how the yellow toad is not too popular even in the US version I would think that there wouldn't be too many entries to this JAP category since it's so annoying to get started. But more categories is more, although not having the yellow toad JAP category probably wouldn't keep anyone from getting into running this game.
Maybe just start the timer when both toads hit the ground in the beginning and include the death of the green toad as a part of the run in this category? I don't know. :D
For the poor moderator, who ends up watching this flickering PAL mess (much harder to capture 50hz than 60hz just on a cellphone): it's a lot easier on the eyes if in general you watch it in 2x speed.
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone knew what exactly causes the first gear in Terra Tubes to do a half spawn? I've been getting a lot of it while practicing, but I just can't really figure out what exactly causes it. I'm going out of bounds in the beginning and then dropping back inside in the spinner room below the start point.
I definitely had some hard time at first wrapping my head around the whole "no wrong warps" thing and then seeing all the bike skips and rat booting skips happening. It's confusing at first, but of course once you see those in almost all the runs you're kind of forced to figure it out that those must be acceptable. Maybe a change of name to the "No credits warp" would be OK or maybe stick with the current name and shortly define wrong warps in the category rules.

Finland







