Additionally a little detail that helped me: If you play with the controller (in my case xbox 360 for pc) aiming with the d-pad moves the crosshair much faster than with the stick.
Thank you for the answer, I actually do take them out before leaving.
After some extensive googling I read that it might be the HD textures (because the higher memory usage tips it over the edge in some cases). Next thing I'll try is switching to original textures, but it'll be a while until I know if it helps...
Hi,
I'm new and trying to run RE4 (steam version 60 fps), but I have one little issue. One out of five attempts just dies because the game crashes at exactly the same spot. (Chapter 5-4, the room with 3 machine guns, when I open the door to leave). According to the Windows event viewer it crashed because of an access violation (Exception code 0xc0000005). I looked at my Antivirus, but its log shows nothing suspicious. Has anyone else experienced this?
Steam offers me a beta patch to version 1.0.2 but the change notes don't seem promising. Which version (on steam) are you guys running?

Austria

