Kommentare
Ohio, USAPell_2 years ago

Hello all, Pell here!

I'm glad to see a recent surge in runs for this game that I love so much. The new crew is making things very interesting and I hope to share the love everywhere we can (if y'all are interested in joining that Anime Speedrunning Festival, definitely let them know). However, we've got something to discuss that I wanted to bring to the attention of anyone joining in on this game from anywhere -- translation patching.

I'm no expert in patched speedruns. It's not something I've ever had to consider before this game, and as a result I tentatively allowed use of the translation patch in the Complete the Game category (the only category) when I first started running the game, since it was likely to be only me playing. However, with the increase of players, some amount of information has come out that shows that the original translation patch and the new translation patch are significantly faster in terms of text speed out of combat than the original hardware. This left me with a difficult choice: allow emulated patched runs to outpace runs on actual hardware by miles (yes, it's really that much), disallow patched running overall, or split the boards to allow those who can't run games in Japanese to still enjoy running the game while not taking away from those running the game on official hardware.

The answer I ended up on was to split the boards, so as of this moment, we've got two boards: one for official Japanese versions of the game, emulated or official hardware, and one for those using the translation patch. Hopefully this satisfies everyone, as competing on official hardware against literally impossible times is unfun.

For community outreach purposes, I would also ask that those running JoJo in any marathons NOT run using any translation patches. This game is great and should be experienced in its original form, especially now that we know there is a significant time difference between patch and unpatched.

Thank you all so much for your support and I'm glad to see so many of you here! Keep going fast, speedgamers!

  • Pell
karaoke112 und DoritoBreath gefällt das.
Ohio, USAPell_2 years ago

YES! YES! YES! I'll take a watch at work today to verify, unless GreenBomber gets to it first. Congrats on your 4:03, looking forward to coming back to beat it ;P

karaoke112 gefällt das.
Ohio, USAPell_2 years ago

i am so glad to see someone else finally go fast in this again, might get me to come back!

RetroMaestroH gefällt das.
Ohio, USAPell_5 years ago

Hi, I can't exactly legally tell you where to download the game as that would be illegal. I personally used higan to emulate. Your mileage may vary and you should look into all options that emulate SNES hardware accurately.

Unbekannt
Ohio, USAPell_6 years ago

Sorry for the late reply, not sure why, but I never got a notification for this. Yeah, you can run on t-patch. I don't see why not.

karaoke112 gefällt das.
Thread: Cuphead
Ohio, USAPell_8 years ago

There's also a nice RATHER PRECISE clip into the top of the first cliff in Forest Follies that gains you... maybe a second? Like, absolute maximum?

Pell_ Informationen
Beigetreten
10 years ago
Online
1 year ago
Läufe
6
Gespielte Spiele
Cuphead
Cuphead
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
4
Läufe
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
1
Lauf
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
152
Besuche
Live A Live
Live A Live
Letzter Besuch 6 years ago
22
Besuche
No More Heroes
No More Heroes
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
8
Besuche
Cuphead
Cuphead
Letzter Besuch 4 years ago
608
Besuche
Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue
8
Besuche
Final Fantasy Type-0
Final Fantasy Type-0
Letzter Besuch 6 years ago
11
Besuche
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Letzter Besuch 6 years ago
16
Besuche
Madou Monogatari: Hanamaru Daiyouchienji
5
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
Letzte Aktion 2 years ago
4
Aktionen