@AwesomeAggron it was shaeden who found the setup for the jump. Also, it’s called snow dram now, because that’s what he wanted to name it.
There are three routes pinned in the discord, I remember last time you asked I told you to check them. You must have missed it.
I agree, I love this game and would totally be interested in glitch hunting and running it. If other people are seriously interested I’ll probably go buy another copy of the game to help out. This game deserves more love.
I’d love to see highscores on the site. Speedruns to me are all about seeing a game played at peak performance and that’s something a high score board can do just as well. The site already has a nice UI that I think could accomodate it really well. I’m all for it ?
Sphynx clip is not a lot harder, it’s probably just flat out impossible. Nobody has done it yet and lots of people have tried.
I don’t understand. Why can’t it be on the main leaderboards, under a tab? 2p as it is is getting almost no recognition. I bet most people don’t know the 2p WR is over 2 minutes faster than the 1p WR, and that there’s tons of cool strats that aren’t used in 1p.
I really just don’t get it.
Well, shaeden doesn’t actually have an account, so he cannot explain. But i can.
You need to roll cancel to keep the momentum, otherwise you lose all your speed. You roll cancel by throwing cappy then immediately jumping, this needs to be done at an angle to keep momentum. Doing the long jump method is much easier, but slower.
Yea you need momentum from either the roll or a long jump, otherwise you won’t come close to making the triple jump.
The switch does not read the data faster on physical, because the data is in a cartridge and not the actual switch itself.
You can skip the final jump in bowser without 2p. https://twitter.com/noguy_five/status/942472250816544768 Also, timing should end where any% and WP end but the achievement should be needed for verification.
Boss kills drop coins, I don’t know what you’re talking about Iwer.
Digital is estimated to be 8-9 seconds faster with loads, but with physical you can get version 1.0.0 which is a 22 second timesave (not counting loads). However, runs using the timesave must be submitted to the true any% board in SMO Category Extensions.
Also, for anyone who has seen this move to the top and is wondering what language is fastest, it’s Japanese, which is about 15 seconds faster than English
Information about 1.0.0 and first moon skip are posted in the category extensions leaderboard, because that’s where those runs are submitted.
Letting something despawn should not count as a kill. Whenever something dies, it drops a coin. There are very few exceptions. Nothing drops a coin when it despawns, so they shouldn’t count as kills.
That’s actually a good rule in general. If you make it drop a coin, you killed it.
So now that 1.0.0 has a place to be ran, I wanted to clear up some misconceptions about it that some people seem to have. I’d like to see this category get some runs.
First of all, you do not need to delete all save data for all of your switch games, assuming you can borrow a switch from a friend (or for some reason own 2). You can transfer all your profiles over, after deleting all odyssey save data, then wipe your switch. You set it back up, turn off auto-updates, and you transfer your profiles back over. You can then update your games from the shop, and everything is fine. You have odyssey version 1.0.0 for your timesave, and none of your other games are affected. Your friends switch isn’t effected either; they keep all their save data.
If you don’t care about the save data for your other games, you don’t need another switch. Just factory reset yours, and make sure to turn off auto-updates.
As a final note, this only works on physical versions of the game. The main reason 1.0.0 is faster is because you can skip the first moon in the game, which skips capturing the chain chomp, the rock break cutscene, the moon get cutscene, the bridge falling cutscene, and the scene where cappy tells you about the odyssey. This puts you about 45 seconds ahead, albeit 1 moon behind. The current fastest known route is to go straight to madame broode, then get the moon on the cliff, then the moon in the chest in the cave. Here is a video showing what the skip looks like: https://twitter.com/kehzou/status/940641962536738816
I was incorrect with my previous statement, forks is 3 seconds faster. Sorry about that.
They were timed to be the same speed but forks is easier to do optimally.
Virginia, USA


