For the time being, Endless% for the waves 10/95/145 etc have been Archived. This is due to the fact that a few months back, Endless Wave% as a category got a rework so it's separate from Classic% (Notable waves are different compared to Classic)
As of February, 27th, 2025, for Monotype/Monogen speedruns, the deadline to have a usable 2nd pokemon will be Wave 150, shortly after the 145-Ivy fight (runs pending at this time or already submitted are unaffected) unless problems arise, down from 180 (Elite Four). This deadline is mainly this far due to the fact that you can just get garbage RNG with item based evolutions, but item tables have gotten adjustments in past patches, so it's still relatively lenient, while not being too generous (at least more than it already is).
Yea, at the current moment Endless doesn't feel that it needs multiple different categories.
Could characters possibly be separated into different leaderboards as well or no?
So for IL runs, can it be timed via in game timer or would I have to use an external timer?
Yeah, but honestly I can see a legit case where both are categories (No major glitches, and No major skips)
So I'm on switch but i was a bit confused, is Rapid-Fire the same as Auto fire?
I think those would be fine as long as they don't skip major objectives (Admittingly, it's been a while since I've played, but I wouldn't mind trying to speedrun it sometime!)
Would a No Major Skips category (No OoB) Be possible at the current moment?
Yep, it gotta be the first 250 floors consecutively.
Reloading is allowed. The web version (and even android and offline) can occasionally crash/pause to the point where you need to reload it, and the RNG is already determined (So if you're fucked, you're actually 100% legit fucked). To add on to it, retrying battles are also allowed, sometimes you get absolutely bullshit RNG
I think you can after you beat Classic for the first time, not 100% sure.. However for Classic% runs, catching Eternatus is banned. It removes a massive challenge and makes it to where everyone just start fishing for Master Balls to chuck at it on the 2nd phase.
Alright, Categories and Rules will be updated in the coming days, so stay tuned!
From what I know, I believe so I'll ask the mods to clarify the rules up. I do recall asking them a while back, because a Vanilla run vs a fully customized run is actually much different, and the time save is just huge. (For reference, vanilla just recently got down to under an hour, and took a while of optimization. With Campaign Customization, I'm pretty sure sub-50 is possible)
True, I'll talk to the mods about this, cause Catching Eternatus is very much possible
Hey, saw your question earlier. We'll be updating the rulesets in some time, but for Classic-10 speedruns, the time will end when the screen fully fades out.
mod note, Retimed to 33:42:170, timer stops when screen fades out
Nah, it's actually quite easy, it's just that sub-1hour took a LONG time to get to. You're not really using many statboosters until Arrogance, unlike Deity%, where you may have to pop a Hot Bean Juice or Guga at some problem chapters. On Mortal% you don't really get any big runending bs thrown at you (unless you get garbage RNG) until basically the final chapter (with the exception of like, Koeli-Sumash, but that's already an annoying chapter) whereas Deity%, and even Hero%, bad RNG is a lot more likely

United States






