Kommentare
New York, USAMikeyLovesRetro1 year ago

So, I was wondering if anyone is working on a guide for this run either solo or any%, and if submissions done are played on console would that be a different category or not

Thanks!

New York, USAMikeyLovesRetro2 years ago

Hey All,

So I have been trying to learn the 3cycle fast kill on Dracula though I had some questions regarding after the first cycle. After getting the 2x Mulipler with the cross, the candle right before the holy water is supposed to drop a 3x Multiplier. Though it varies for me sometimes it does and sometimes it will drop a single heart or a money bag.

Now I watched several videos and I see some use-forward momentum on the first throw and a standard jump on the second and so forth. It seems regardless of how I attempt it doesn't seem consistent. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Thread: Rygar (NES)
New York, USAMikeyLovesRetro2 years ago

After reading everyone's comments, here are my thoughts...

The differences between the PAL and NTSC versions of Rygar are significant, particularly in the context of speedrunning. The mechanics required to execute exploits vary greatly between the two versions. Additionally, the disparity in frame rates (50Hz for PAL and 60Hz for NTSC) further complicates strategies and timings, essentially making it akin to learning two distinct games.

To ensure fairness and acknowledge the distinct challenges each version presents, it seems reasonable to separate categories not only for the top runners but for all participants. This acknowledges the effort and skill required to master each version, regardless of a runner's ranking or placement. It's important to recognize that each accomplishment, regardless of rank, is commendable.

Moreover, an often-overlooked aspect is the introduction of a keyboard-only category. This introduces a completely new dimension to the competition, warranting its own category. While minimizing clutter on leaderboards is understandable, this additional level of difficulty warrants consideration for its own distinct category.

Thank you for considering these points.

New York, USAMikeyLovesRetro2 years ago

Oh nice had no idea I can do it ty for the info :)

New York, USAMikeyLovesRetro2 years ago

Why is this not rank 50? Can someone explain please

New York, USAMikeyLovesRetro3 years ago

Beat my time by 2min. A few deaths but a huge improvement.

New York, USAMikeyLovesRetro3 years ago

Only a Few attempts on this run. Let's go!

New York, USAMikeyLovesRetro3 years ago

Yeah, agree. I'm sure with a little more practice I can get my time even lower. Been so much fun running this game.

MikeyLovesRetro Informationen
Beigetreten
6 years ago
Online
20 days ago
Läufe
27
Gespielte Spiele
The Goonies II
The Goonies II
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
11
Läufe
Rygar (NES)
Rygar (NES)
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
10
Läufe
Dragon Quest (Switch)
Dragon Quest (Switch)
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
4
Läufe
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy IV
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
2
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Dragon Quest I HD-2D Remake
Dragon Quest I HD-2D Remake
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
1
Besuch
The Goonies II
The Goonies II
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
278
Besuche
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy IV
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
216
Besuche
Dragon Quest (Switch)
Dragon Quest (Switch)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
459
Besuche
Rygar (NES)
Rygar (NES)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
79
Besuche