Kommentare
Kentucky, USALRock6178 years ago

Hey, everyone! I just uploaded a full collection of save states for practice. These .srm files will work perfectly if you have the NES Everdrive N8. Happy practicing!

Kentucky, USALRock6178 years ago

Hey, everyone! I just uploaded a full collection of save states for practice on Easy difficulty. These .srm files will work perfectly if you have the NES Everdrive N8. Happy practicing!

Dakovan55 und Elipsis gefällt das.
Kentucky, USALRock6178 years ago

I'm not sure if this has been acknowledged in the past, but the level select inputs for this game are actually in the instruction manual. Maybe it would be a good idea to update the rules to state that it's banned? This would prevent any possible "Castle Only" runs from being submitted as Any% in the future.

Kentucky, USALRock6178 years ago

Ask one of the mods. I believe at least one of them is still active.

Kentucky, USALRock6178 years ago

I'm personally all for separation, but I don't think separating arcade from emulator is the way to go. I would personally, however, campaign for separate categories of 2p co-op and 4p co-op.

Kentucky, USALRock6178 years ago

I hadn't considered that one. Now that I've watched it, I'll allow that, but for entirely different reasons: there are no settings showing in that video.

I'm really sorry for this, Kromer, but I hope you reconsider at least submitting your 5:47 PB for the Bosses category on PC. It's a great run.

VanGomes und TheKombatKing gefällt das.
Kentucky, USALRock6178 years ago

Blame it on another player not catching it until now.

Upon reviewing your run of 5:20 last night, some things about the run became very peculiar to me. The AI wasn't behaving as they normally would, and based on your settings shown at the end, it became apparent why: there was a setting changed regarding how the AI behaves, in this case the ability to turn off their auto combos. That is considered static RNG manipulation because it creates an entirely different situation for the player as opposed to having it remain on.

The moderator for the board wasn't aware of the rule until I pointed it out to him. Upon revealing this informtion, there were no requests made. I merely suggested that either the rules need to be changed to maintain the integrity of the run, or that the rules can remain the same and I would push for a new PB with these rules intact. It was determined that the integrity of the category would be maintained, and the former was decided.

If you want to submit a different run under the new rules to maintain a PB, that would be allowed, but the rules now are firm. Configuration settings are to remain at default outside of Difficulty. I'm sorry if this inconveniences you, but your 5:20 submission is not a valid run.

VanGomes gefällt das.
Thread: The Site
Kentucky, USALRock6179 years ago

My logic for this was "If Battletoads NES and MegaDrive can have separate game pages, than this definitely should."

Looks like I should do what others have been stating: contact whitman_price_ (the series mod). He's been sparse lately, so wish me luck! Thanks for all of the advice!

Mitsunee und NihilistComedyHour gefällt das.
Thread: The Site
Kentucky, USALRock6179 years ago

I have a question regarding a board that I currently moderate. The TMNT Tournament Fighters board desperately needs to be separated into 3 distinct boards, since all 3 games play very differently and shouldn't be categorized together in any fashion. However, I've never tried to create new games before, so I could really use some assistance from a site moderator.

Is there anyone that could provide me some assistance? If so, thanks so much in advance!

NihilistComedyHour gefällt das.
Kentucky, USALRock6179 years ago

So, what happened to these 1CC categories? Is there a reason why they were removed?

Kentucky, USALRock6179 years ago

I have a pretty crazy idea for a new category. Since the arcade version isn't getting any love around here, I decided to try my hand at a personal goal: 1CC'ing the game with all 8 characters on the hardest difficulty in a single run. Am I nuts? Probably. But I still did it, and managed a sub-2:00:00 timeframe.

Feel free to let me know what you think, as I already have the run ready to go.

RotKiller gefällt das.
Kentucky, USALRock6179 years ago

I have a simple suggestion I wanted to pass along: Is there any way that this particular page can be either cleaned up a bit or split up? Two of the categories (TAS%, Turbo%) aren't relevant for any of the consoles available for this game, and the 3 games in question are all vastly different from each other, despite all having the same name.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for subsidizing the page at all?

Thread: Spider-Man
Kentucky, USALRock6179 years ago

This is a SFC-exclusive that I recently discovered (though released in '95). Is it possible it could be added as a speed game, as I'm currently routing it? For reference, here's the only known TAS of the game that exists. The movement and stun lock are perfect for a crusade like this!

Kentucky, USALRock6179 years ago

I'm going to try to run it again soon, but yeah, spinning fists (or lariat as I called it because Haggar) was everything. It was arguably the best move in the game. I'll have to see how impactful the nerf was in terms of gameplay.

Kentucky, USALRock6179 years ago

They patched it? Groooooosssssss.

Kentucky, USALRock61710 years ago

Hello, everyone. My name's Lenny, gamertag LRock. I'm fairly new to the community. I've been steadily watching runs ever since AGDQ 2014, and I've become a massive fan of all things speedrun; from the execution to the datamining to the thrill of the chase, I just can't get enough of any of it.

The first speedrun I ever clocked was a little under 2 years ago for Resident Evil 2: Leon A, at a time of ~1:25:00, which is a time I plan to improve on some day.

I also recently accomplished a new PB of 22:15 of X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, which is now on speedrun.com as of 8/7/16, and I'm currently working on improving my time on Batman Returns for the SNES. With any additional momentum, I'll be looking to add more games to the library.

I hope to get to interact with the lot of you one of these days. Until then, keep on running! :)

LRock617 Informationen
Beigetreten
10 years ago
Online
3 days ago
Läufe
290
Gespielte Spiele
Batman Returns (SNES)
Batman Returns (SNES)
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
18
Läufe
The Simpsons Arcade Game
The Simpsons Arcade Game
Letzter Durchlauf 6 years ago
17
Läufe
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
15
Läufe
Double Dragon (NES)
Double Dragon (NES)
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
12
Läufe
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist
12
Läufe
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Arcade 1989
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Arcade 1989
Letzter Durchlauf 6 years ago
12
Läufe
Batman Forever: The Arcade Game
Batman Forever: The Arcade Game
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
9
Läufe
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Letzter Durchlauf 7 years ago
8
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Abobo's Big Adventure
Abobo's Big Adventure
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
197
Besuche
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Letzter Besuch 8 months ago
212
Besuche
Batman Forever: The Arcade Game
Batman Forever: The Arcade Game
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
224
Besuche
Batman Returns (SNES)
Batman Returns (SNES)
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
399
Besuche
Captain America and the Avengers (Beat Em' Up)
157
Besuche
ClayFighter 2: Judgment Clay
ClayFighter 2: Judgment Clay
Letzter Besuch 6 years ago
65
Besuche
Double Dragon (master system)
Double Dragon (master system)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
48
Besuche
Double Dragon (NES)
Double Dragon (NES)
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
794
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Double Dragon (NES)
Double Dragon (NES)
Letzte Aktion 2 months ago
114
Aktionen
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Arcade 1989
86
Aktionen
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
Letzte Aktion 5 months ago
84
Aktionen
Batman Returns (SNES)
Batman Returns (SNES)
Letzte Aktion 7 months ago
34
Aktionen
Mickey's Safari in Letterland
Mickey's Safari in Letterland
Letzte Aktion 1 month ago
33
Aktionen
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Letzte Aktion 11 months ago
21
Aktionen