Kommentare
Thread: The Site
Ks4_2 months ago

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this.

I submitted 2 runs in 2024 but are not verified yet because the moderator is not active. I tried to contact him on this site and his links a few months ago, but I haven't received a response.

Game site: Stunt Skateboard 3D - Speedrun.com

Runs links: 1 / 2

(Please don't make me a moderator of that site, I never want to be a moderator again, thank you 😅)

Thread: Chex Quest
Ks4_5 months ago

I believe only source ports show the time on the final screen of mission 5, not the original executable. I think that feature was added later by the community.

Then you should use a source port to see the total in-game time.

I recommend dsda-doom, currently the most popular one for Doom engine games speedrunning:

dsda-doom v0.29.4 [2025-09-026] - Source Ports - Doomworld

But there are many more out there. Some examples:

Ports | DSDA

Ks4_3 years ago

Is there SR40 and SR50 like doom classic?

If so, what buttons are used to do this?

(Sorry my english)

Ks4_3 years ago

That is a good idea, delete every leaderboard and let only Episode 1-3/4 categories I think.

These sites had sense before 2015 IMO.

Moderators seems kind of inactive since I submited a little run 3 weeks ago and has not been verified, the recent runs section shows runs from 2 months ago on every site.

You guys should ask 4shockblast, I think everyone will agree with this.

Gelöscht
gefällt das.
Ks4_3 years ago

I think mods from here should request moderation on official classic Doom sites, since Tezur0 doesn't appears on the moderators list.

Thread: Heretic
Ks4_4 years ago

"In-game time" field is supposed to be maps 1-7 time.

"Real time" field is supposed to be maps 1-8 time.

Leaderboards are currently sorted by igt, there should be a way to make them sort by real time. (since nowadays nobody matters map 01-07 timing)

About run timing, if you save and load, the use of intermission screen igt would be unfair, in that case real time is used (first frame when start playing to first frame of last intermission screen I think).

This game has demo recording feature, in the original engine a complete episode can be recorded in a demo file, but just a single episode not multi-episode, so real time is used on fullgame runs.

Lauf: Heretic
Ks4_4 years ago

Retimed to IGT because is single-segment run.

Thread: The Site
Ks4_4 years ago

I think that comments section on runs could produce toxicity in the speedrun community, I guess that youtube comments are enough.

Also, I think that forum post likes and dates are not relevant, think that should not be shown in the front page.

Gaming_64 gefällt das.
Ks4_5 years ago

They have vanilla behavior?, oh... I really felt it easier and with a little of bit weird playability. So, I take back what I said about my ignorant arguments.

Thanks for the answer.

Ks4_5 years ago

I cannot understand why does that ports exists, this product is already done.

Unbekannt
Ks4_5 years ago

You can do it, but using igt on this site could not be fair. Old video proofs doesn't show the map time in ep4-5, and there's a source port issue that shows 0 seconds on intermissions screen when is skipped too fast, then true igt of existing ep1-5 and some ep1-3 runs could not be calculate. I think that it's fair start using igt when all runners begin using new crispy port or gzdoom.

Unbekannt
Ks4_5 years ago

Probably nobody would like do it at single segment, meanwhile you can use the real duration of the playback for this site and leave in-game time in blank, because runs are not sorted by real time (that means that any run with any igt will be the 1st). If that becomes popular only sum of igt could be used on the leaderboard, or sum of igt could be used in the real time section, don't know. Hope not to sound rude and also I doubt that anyone run that category at skill 4 or 5 as fast as episodes.

Unbekannt
Ks4_5 years ago

I did some rule changes (2021-02-01):

  1. Deletion of in-game time for episode 1-3 1-5 runs. (I did a backup of all in-game times: https://archive.org/details/igthereticbackup )

Timing metod was really weird (the sum of map1-7 time of each episode), I consider this change more fair for rta.

If you will submit a run of this kind, please let the in-game time field empty.

Anyway In-game times can be restored again if there are disagreements.

  1. Jumping feature banned.

  2. Added Crispy Heretic to source ports.

As well I'm thinking to add individual levels for make this game more active.

Thom_Wye und Geisterhaft gefällt das.
Unbekannt
Ks4_5 years ago

I opened this thread for opinions, questions, suggestions and complaints related of this site, rules and moderators.

If you have anything to say be free to do it.

Geisterhaft gefällt das.
Ks4_5 years ago

Does anybody have any tip or setup for the lastest skip?

I got all the glitches working, but with the last I always get killed, I have tried look at the all directions with shorttics, using disc of repulsion, including the left pedestal of the door and when I can get out of bounds the majority of times inside the room with the monsters.

Ks4_5 years ago

It's allowed turn off the screen melt on boom to ep1-3,4 rta runs?.

I think that this feature have to be banned because could improve time against runs that have it enable.

Ks4_6 years ago

I think that should be a hard subcategory because it is pretty different than easiest difficulty, is possible to fail a run being killed, against easy that is just do the skips without care about the enemies.

OmaiR_IrfaN gefällt das.
Thread: Heretic
Ks4_6 years ago

That is used in hexen speedruns, looks legal

Ks4_ Informationen
Beigetreten
9 years ago
Online
today
Läufe
110
Gespielte Spiele
Nerf Arena Blast
Nerf Arena Blast
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
62
Läufe
Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror
Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
20
Läufe
Hexen: Beyond Heretic
Hexen: Beyond Heretic
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
6
Läufe
V-Rally 2
V-Rally 2
Letzter Durchlauf 2 months ago
5
Läufe
Chex Quest
Chex Quest
Letzter Durchlauf 10 months ago
4
Läufe
Stunt Skateboard 3D
Stunt Skateboard 3D
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
4
Läufe
Knights of Pen and Paper +1
Knights of Pen and Paper +1
Letzter Durchlauf 11 days ago
3
Läufe
Santa Claus in Trouble
Santa Claus in Trouble
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
2
Läufe