Kommentare
United KingdomKemist11 months ago

LRT on PC would be unaffected by IGT from area reloads, but still result in a slower run overall anyway correct?

Area reloads should be more viable on LRT (unless I'm missing something), as you only lose the time between entering the area > pausing. So yes, you do lose time, but it's easier for a reload strat to offset the time loss.

United KingdomKemist11 months ago

All Bosses as it stands is Any% with the ability to Airwalk the Ocelot Unit

AB is Glitchless with the OU airwalk allowed. I agree that AB as it stands is sort of pointless in that regard.

Separating NG/NG+ might be logical for EuEx, but for lower difficulties (VE in particular) the two categories will be identical. I assume we'd still allow the use of permanently unlocked items such as the Patriot?

CSG doesn't affect LRT for PC so I have no strong opinion either way.

ILs are always a nice addition. Cat. Ex. I'll leave to people who run them.

DiavoloGz und Brakk0n gefällt das.
United KingdomKemist1 year ago

The main issue is the game tracks it game wide across all files so if you have a NG+ file with all of it you won't be able to see the checkmarks for count and microfilm won't show a pop up? (I haven't tested to 100% confirm)

Pretty sure the films don't give the popup again after first collection, but you still 'collect' the film in terms of the animations that occur.

Brakk0n gefällt das.
United KingdomKemist1 year ago
  • Difficulties separated as usual.
  • Feels like NG and NG+ are effectively similar enough not to need separating. If EEx forces a degree of 'NG+' in terms of unlocks, maybe that 'basic' form of EEx should just be considered NG.
  • Agree that Any%/All Bosses should be categories - not sure how much demand there will be for Glitchless.
  • Patches can probably just be listed for now, and possibly be separated later into 'Legacy' and 'Current' if significant differences emerge.
  • DLC camos should be for cat. ex. only, otherwise gold camo becomes a requirement for the run.
  • Timing method: LRT/RTA.
  • Score screen is easy enough to show now that we can skip the credits, so why not?
  • Not very familiar with the issues requiring area reloads. If softlocks are relatively rare, do we just disallow reloads and put runs lost to those issues down to bad luck?
  • Imo, the game is functionally the same regardless of play style, so people will just play whichever one is faster. The differences between the two modes aren't big enough (yet?) to need separate boards.
  • Only issue I can see with Grenade camo is potential abuse of smokes, but surely there's no real need to use any more smokes than are already used in the run, and you'd just be losing time by throwing more.
  • As above, do we just allow the things you're 'forced' to get from completing the game to be part of further NG runs (inc. EEx)? I'm not 100% sure what the consequences would be, so happy to defer to people with more knowledge.
  • As with DLC camos, special items should be cat. ex. only with the exception of EZ Gun for VE.
United KingdomKemist1 year ago

Hi folks,

This game might be dead, but I'll ask anyway: is there a sprint button or something that I can't find? My movement is so slow compared to runs on the board!

United KingdomKemist1 year ago

Every day, we stray further from the sub 1 hour...

Jokes aside, I agree that it's tricky. While I understand that changing OS just to be able to perform a specific trick in a game is different to, say, using a different game version, some might not see it as that different. There are plenty of games (not any MGS ones, as far as I'm aware) that benefit from faster loads on specific S/N consoles (late vs early series PS2, for example), which requires runners to obtain fairly niche hardware to get top times. Personally, I wouldn't like to see things go the way of needing a second PC running Win10 just to remain competitive.

I wouldn't be against a ban if there is really no convenient alternative that preserves zips.

Unbekannt
United KingdomKemist1 year ago

Petition to separate by console on VR missions.

In seriousness though, I think it's unnecessary inflation of the boards. Runners can compare times with other times on the same console already without needing a separate board. Like many other games, if you want the fastest times, you use the best hardware/version for the job.

PerryMGS und dlimes13 gefällt das.
United KingdomKemist2 years ago

Can't seem to get the video to work here, but there's a clip of the fast EA in the Discord strat channel!

United KingdomKemist2 years ago
Dieser Kommentar wurde gelöscht
United KingdomKemist2 years ago

Wow, this is amazing! Didn't expect to see something like a TAS of the game so soon.

There is a faster way to do Elevator Action, courtesy of Arconifer. You drop the platform until it nearly touches the spikes, then start it rising again. By rolling off onto the platform and doing a series of small jumps, you can keep it low enough to grab the key and jump back on. It's super difficult to do RTA, but I'm sure you wouldn't have that problem!

For the jumps out of the pipes - is that a frame perfect input? Magnus Rides Again is a bit of a nightmare with how he spawns in so late.

Nice to know about the acceleration - would explain some inconsistencies I've seen in my splits.

I'm no expert on TAS, so I don't know if physics fixes are considered OK, but how consequential is the change in acceleration for a typical run? In my experience, the framerate rarely drops much below 60 fps, and I can't think of any tricks that are precise enough to need that level of consistency.

Good job again on the run. We have a Discord (work in progress, think I might have seen you there already) if you're interested in keeping up with developments: https://discord.gg/C4vewpbVgA

Kemist Informationen
Beigetreten
5 years ago
Online
today
Läufe
87
Gespielte Spiele
Metal Gear Solid 2: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: VR Missions
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
50
Läufe
Oddworld: Soulstorm
Oddworld: Soulstorm
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
13
Läufe
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
6
Läufe
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
5
Läufe
BIKE BANDITZ
BIKE BANDITZ
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
4
Läufe
Mind Over Magnet Demo
Mind Over Magnet Demo
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
3
Läufe
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance Category Extensions
2
Läufe
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Letzter Durchlauf 11 months ago
2
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
Mario Kart World
Mario Kart World
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
1
Besuch
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
2
Besuche
Mind Over Magnet
Mind Over Magnet
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
1
Besuch
Snake Versus
Snake Versus
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
1
Besuch
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
1
Besuch
SNAKE FARM
SNAKE FARM
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
Mind Over Magnet Demo
Mind Over Magnet Demo
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
2
Besuche