Kommentare
Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER7 years ago

Can you describe what you mean by glitchless? As in, what would be removed from the existing categories.

United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

This whole thing shows that the GTA community relies on the "good ol boy" system instead of actual integrity. What a bummer.

United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

Removing the variable altogether while still allowing runs that use the app just further proves my point that DV would rather bury this than actually address the issue. I think you know you are in the wrong, and your conflict of interest is holding you back.

United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

If the iFruit app is banned, then why are there runs still on the leaderboard that use it? Surely, current and future runners cannot be expected to compete against runs that use a banned tool. I believe all runs that utilize the iFruit App should be removed.

Rmac524,
Gelöscht
, und Fatzke gefällt das.
Thread: Max Payne 3
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

Hey guys, I created a Discord server that consolidates all game discussion across the series into one place. Feel free to join - https://discord.gg/fD9wXYn

DanielTheAssassin gefällt das.
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

Hey guys, I created a Discord server that consolidates all game discussion across the series into one place. Feel free to join - https://discord.gg/fD9wXYn

Web gefällt das.
Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

Hey guys, I created a Discord server that consolidates all game discussion across the series into one place. Feel free to join - https://discord.gg/fD9wXYn

Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

Hey guys, I created a Discord server that consolidates all game discussion across the series into one place. Feel free to join - https://discord.gg/fD9wXYn

Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

Glad you got it working MaxHeat and thanks DiFFtY for sharing the info.

United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

if you add restrictions in the rules (EXAMPLE: no duping allowed) then it is no longer any% - which relies on the implicit nature in its namesake that runners will do whatever it takes to get to end of game, THE FASTEST.

any% doesnt care about how much fun it is or isn't - and so help me god if i see more bully in these threads i will have my head spin

Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

Just to be clear, neither of you (MaxHeat + f0oga) are playing on Steam version?

Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

Also, I do the same thing cyber mentioned, turning up the brightness in the screen capture. What you guys see in my videos is a bit brighter than what I see while playing.

Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

https://i.imgur.com/h7yv3uX.jpg

lemme know if that doesnt help

United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

[quote]Not everyone knows how to dupe and not everyone likes to dupe because for some people, it spoils the fun by skipping missions (for both the player and viewers)[/quote]

Speedrunning doesn't care if you don't want to learn the strats. Go fast or go slow, it's up to you (and your viewers I guess, if you really let them dictate that), but a new category should not be added to the main boards every time someone wants to tweak the set rules.

Zachoholic gefällt das.
Thread: Max Payne 3
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

sounds convincing enough - added

Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

The console version is not optimal in the sense that major strats cannot be performed. Overall, I do not know how much slower it actually is because I have never attempted a run on console.

Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER8 years ago

It would definitely be something interesting to test out. I own the PS4 port and I can say super jumping is completely possible but a bit awkward because of controller layout. The major downside to the console versions is that you are without the quicksave / quickload which severely limits using major strats (Dead Man Walking namely but also manipulations like the start of Part 1, Chapter 7.)

Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER9 years ago

Any program that shows your key inputs would be great. Again, this is not mandatory for the game but it would definitely ease my mind. As it stands, I am sure you can get a faster time than what you had submitted - good luck. Also, I will follow you on Twitch because the best way to build trust is through familiarity.

Neural89 gefällt das.
Thread: Max Payne
United StatesJOEdrinksBEER9 years ago

The issue I have with the video you submitted is not that I think you are perfect at super jumps, it is more that you are incredibly inconsistent. I understand sometimes you get into the zone and are able to string together several good jumps but your run seems a little bit off to me for several reasons:

  • You lack real substantial skill everywhere in the game aside from getting super jumps.
  • You have no history of running this game or a history on speedrun.com (This is not criminal but leads me to be cautious)
  • Your game experienced a strange crash and upon restarting the game, you were severely less effective at super jumping.
  • You tend to be much more consistent at super jumping when you swap from a 1 handed to 2 handed weapon but not the other way around.

Now all of these things were only suspicions of mine, so I decided to annotate every super jump you performed. I tallied up the number of jumps you completed and how many attempts those jumps took you to achieve. I also compared your rate of success between swapping from 1 handed to 2 handed weapons and 2 handed to 1 handed weapons. Of course, for some more comparison I did the same thing for my 52:42 PB run. This is what I found from my run:

http://i.imgur.com/9QABsN0.png

Keep in mind that I am using my PB not only as a baseline but as a representation of the level/rate in which I actually attain super jumps. Across all weapon swap types, I stay within a 1% difference in success with a slight edge in doing better at swapping 1 handed to 2 handed weapons. Still overall, I only accomplish 45% of the super jumps I attempt. Now here is the data I recorded from your run:

http://i.imgur.com/QFAlFTm.png

From this it appears that you are wholly consistent with a standard run. However, prior to your game crashing you were significantly more successful at super jumps in Part 1 and 2 in which a one handed weapon was swapped for a two handed. An incredible success rate of over 80% of the jumps attempted in that manner were successful. Yet, at Part 2 Chapter 5 (where your game crashed) until the end of the run, that rate dropped by nearly half.

Keep in mind I am talking about the rate of success in which you get Max to perform the super jump itself. This is important, as you said, in Part 1 Chapter 7, the reason you failed the super jump 3 times in a row is because you were swapping from a one handed to another one handed weapon (I did not count such jumps in the overall tally of attempts.) Also, you failed to get through the trap door within the same chapter because your set-up was incorrect and even though you did get the super jumps, Max was too far to the right and not able to attain the full height to make it through the trap door.

Admittedly, as I stated in the beginning of the post, it IS possible that you were on a severe hot streak to attain that ~80% level of success. However, based on your non-existent history I have to lean on the side of caution.

I am happy to work with you if you decide to record another run using some type of input display, as you suggested. Lastly, I have tried to encourage people to run this game for quite some time, so please don't take it that I am picking on you or anything.

JOEdrinksBEER Informationen
Beigetreten
11 years ago
Online
5 years ago
Läufe
74
Gespielte Spiele
Max Payne
Max Payne
Letzter Durchlauf 8 years ago
46
Läufe
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto III
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
20
Läufe
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
2
Läufe
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Letzter Durchlauf 10 years ago
1
Lauf
Silent Hill
Silent Hill
Letzter Durchlauf 10 years ago
1
Lauf
L.A. Noire
L.A. Noire
Letzter Durchlauf 9 years ago
1
Lauf
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Letzter Durchlauf 10 years ago
1
Lauf
Driver: You Are The Wheelman
Driver: You Are The Wheelman
Letzter Durchlauf 10 years ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
Driver: You Are The Wheelman
Driver: You Are The Wheelman
Letzter Besuch 7 years ago
199
Besuche
Max Payne 3 Arcade Mode
Max Payne 3 Arcade Mode
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
1
Besuch
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto III
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
2,609
Besuche
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Letzter Besuch 7 years ago
358
Besuche
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
767
Besuche
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
876
Besuche
L.A. Noire
L.A. Noire
Letzter Besuch 7 years ago
65
Besuche
Max Payne
Max Payne
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
1,701
Besuche