Kommentare
Lauf: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere1 year ago

Awesome work beating my old record!

Atlasroar gefällt das.
Lauf: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere1 year ago

Awesome run man! I would not have the patience to try for 3 hits all in the same body part like that. Great work!

notfounder gefällt das.
Lauf: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere1 year ago

Good work! Little heads up, if you do the run as a Hive Worker Drone instead, you'll get there a bit faster. Both Prince and Worker drone have the same 100 Athletics speed however at 0 the Worker Drone is faster.

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere2 years ago

Not really dead. I check in when new runs are done.

Atlasroar gefällt das.
Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

That sounds a lot more like just a Kenshi thing you dislike though. And again no one can agree on what is a glitch so it would be a nightmare for us to try to moderate so that'd be a hard vote no from me. If more runs were submitted I can already see the people deleting ramps to prevent enemies from reaching them and claiming that it isn't glitching or that their method is less exploitative than another so it should be allowed and another one shouldn't.

EDIT: To add no need to diss on the current runs. There are many sections which aren't based around assassination already. Millionaire, egghunt, King Gorillo...

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

I don't think glitchless should be a category in Kenshi tbh. Examples. You zoom out, your enemies are now healing slower. You zoom in, their wounds worsen faster. You zoom in vs enemies with ranged weapons and now they reload at insanely low speeds. Build a wall and a ramp to it and remove the ramp, enemies cannot reach you. To many players those are glitches, some will argue they are not. Many other games on Speedrun.com don't have a glitchless category for this type of reason and it'd just cause more problems.

As for the autoclicker subject it would only shave off a few seconds but that being said I think it's pretty obvious you shouldn't use outside tools when doing a speedrun that impact your run. I haven't seen a run use one so far so I think people already understand that.

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

Man if speedruns were based off in game time I'd be going all in on every section haha. My slow brain isn't go at rushing.

MatveyPlay gefällt das.
Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

Like in the egg speedruns a while back

"If you wish to do multiple runs in one stream after verifying files and options just once, feel free to do so without having to go through the verification/options-showing process for each run. Please ensure that you add a timestamp for the start of the run that you’d like to be considered"

I am willing to do this to. So you won't need to verify after each failed run. Just be sure it's one video.

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

New rules as of right now.

"

#These rules apply to all categories unless stated otherwise.

##General Submission Rules

  • No External Versions of the Game.
  • Using the in-game editors, external modding or other such developer like tools, is not allowed.
  • The recording must start by verifying your game files on GOG or Steam and you must start the game from that launcher after.
  • You must show that the gameplay settings are set to default, and your mod list is empty at the start of a new game or after your run.
  • Speedrun timer starts once your character loads into the map, not on character creation screen.
  • In game loading times do not count towards the time of the run.
  • Time spent manually paused does count towards your time.
  • If save scumming, all but game loading times count towards your run. (i.e. pausing & menu times)

It is recommended to use timers and in the case of close calls, times will be determined by milliseconds.

These rules have been updated as of September 20th, 2023. Prior speedruns are not expected to follow the updated rules and are still valid.

"

If anyone believes things should be changed or any disagreements let me know here please. I can also edit category rules to be more clear.

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

The changes are basically adding in the easter speedrun rule of prove mods are tuned off, and running the game entirely vanilla. As such I will not need to add to not use stuff like RE_Kenshi/Scars stuff as they are removed upon reverifying game files correct?

Also added default values like in their rules. I included that it can be shown before or after the run. Same for mod list shown.

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

Proposed changes as of right now.

"

#These rules apply to all categories unless stated otherwise.

##General Rules

  • No use of FCS. (Forgotten Construction Set)
  • You must prove you have turned off all your mods and are running the game entirely vanilla – show us you’ve done this by verifying the game in Steam. (Right click the game in Steam, click “properties”, “local files” and “verify integrity of game files”)
  • Gameplay options must be set at default values. Prove it by showing us the options screens before or after your run.
  • Speedrun timer starts once your character loads into the map, not on character creation screen.

##Submission Rules

  • [Optional] Use a timer. (You don't have to but it's easier for everyone)
  • Mod list must be shown before the start of a new game or after your run.
  • Remove loading times from your final times. (Don't remove manual pauses)
  • If you choose to save scum, all but the loading times count towards your in-game time.
  • Calculating milliseconds isn't optional if times are within seconds of one another.

"

Thoughts? I am a mod but I'm only supposed to change rules not based off my own opinion but off the community. And the verification for GoG will probably be needed to be added in. I just need to know what system they use on that website.

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

Is there a form of verifying game files on GoG? Similar to steam? Asking because I might add

"You must prove you have turned off all your mods and are running the game entirely vanilla – show us you’ve done this by verifying the game in Steam (right click the game in Steam, click “properties”, “local files” and “verify integrity of game files”)" like what was used in the egg speedrun challenge.

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

Appears as if I am the only mod who has been on in a while... I was reaching out to another when I realized that. When I get on my computer (Mobile atm) I will overlook the rules and edit them if it allows me to. I do not want to edit the rules for anything except what I must. Which means I will do the bare minimum changes which will avoid situations like this from happening again. Also currently runs are auto-approved to make it less reliant on having to wait for a moderator. If people were to begin to abuse that I'd probably set it so a mod will need to approve a run for it to appear on the boards and just check in once a day.

Lauf: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

Awesome run! Great work man!

MatveyPlay gefällt das.
Lauf: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

I don't believe it is.

Thread: Kenshi
FrankieWuzHere3 years ago

I usually play with in game music muted and the OST in the background on loop when streaming. Would that be an issue?

FrankieWuzHere Informationen
Beigetreten
3 years ago
Online
1 day ago
Läufe
1
Gespielte Spiele
Kenshi
Kenshi
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
1
Lauf
Beobachtete Spiele
Kenshi
Kenshi
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
55
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Kenshi
Kenshi
Letzte Aktion 3 years ago
1
Aktion