Kommentare
GermanyFabian423 years ago

I don't have the game myself yet, but I've seen a few LPs and I researched stuff. When someone categorised the game as "sandbox", I wondered how much you could actually make/construct in it. And then I had the idea to make a pile of every object that can be picked up: · scroll · projection stone (technically even many types) · Solanum's stones (technically even six types) · warp core (maybe differentiate between regular and advanced or even empty/white/black/advanced/broken) · artifact (maybe differentiate between normal and experimental) · lantern (maybe differentiate between lit and extinguished) You can also move your ship and your player character. Rafts and glowing orbs can be moved, but in a limited way. You can also push/ram some objects around like skeletons, Feldspar's ship, the floating lights near the Dark bramble escape pod or probably also the parts of your ship after its reactor explodes, but including those would make the challenge very annoying. I also think that just one variation of everything I listed should be included, otherwise it gets too repetitive and with all types pretty surely impossible to collect everything in time. Maybe including the broken warp core could be fun, because it's a unique extra challenge, you don't normally need to get out of Dark bramble again. Once I have the game myself, I definitely want to try this challenge, but that could take a while. Maybe until then someone else wants to give it a go!

Thread: Bouncy Ball
GermanyFabian424 years ago

I use "3C toolbox". Requires root, but you can disable any component ("activity", "provider", "receiver" or "service") of any app, so it's like a more customisable version of adblock. For this one, it's pretty easy: Disable everything except "com.raongames.bounceball.BounceBallActivity". I've also disabled all permissions except for "prevent phone from sleeping", but that probably isn't needed either if you're speedrunning. ;) You might also need to delete some cached ads ("manage"→"open"→"data folder" in 3C), but I don't know which folder they're in. I just deleted everything, because I had freshly installed the app anyway. Note that disabling internet permissions will also prevent all online features, of course. I didn't test whether it's sufficient to just disable the components instead.

Imaproshaman gefällt das.
Thread: Bouncy Ball
GermanyFabian424 years ago

There are recommendations at the end and an OBS window, it's clearly recorded from a YouTube video. The uploader clearly stole the video and didn't actually get that time.

GermanyFabian425 years ago

For some reason I got no notifications for any of the replies here. "HHH is merging with Icarus" What? They're totally different. I got told in a support chat now how to do it: "edit game"→moderators, there the three dots next to my name.

GermanyFabian425 years ago

For some reason I got added as a moderator of this category. I never had any particular interest in it, I don't even think I've ever seen a full run of it, but now I keep getting notifications like "a new run is awaiting verification". Apparently I can't turn that off for a single category, only globally, which I don't want. So can I please be made not a moderator anymore?

Amaz gefällt das.
GermanyFabian427 years ago

You could have turned the wheat into bread and could have probably crafted a lot more things out of wood to safe some running.

Interesting category idea!

GermanyFabian427 years ago

Speedruns aren't meant to be easy.

Kramkraft, MasonSix7, und Kyohei gefällt das.
GermanyFabian427 years ago
  1. Create second account
  2. "Hide" 10 balloons right outside the starting circle with that second account
  3. Switch to main account
  4. Get those 10 balloons

My point is that balloons have wildly different difficulty, so even with random selection the world record would just become the person who is the luckiest in finding easy balloons. It's like those Minecraft "get diamond" speedruns where people just find a seed where they spawn right in front of a village house that has a diamond in a chest, completing the objective in 5 seconds. Not really that interesting.

Potentially a better idea would be selecting fixed moons together as a community that are known to be very hard to reach and interesting to speedrun, like it happened in Super Mario maker for "Super warp world".

GermanyFabian427 years ago

If someone knows, please comment here: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-63 It is confirmed for 1.13.2, but barely anyone really knows how to reproduce it, so it's currently set to "Awaiting response". Some claim that it's just pressing the X icon, some claim that they can't do it, even with very precise task killing. Clear reproduction steps would not only help in fixing the bug (which can also cause item loss, not just duplication) and also help speedrunners, because even once it gets fixed (which can still take years), it's still good to know how it works in past versions.

GermanyFabian427 years ago

He used a new route in sand kingdom (for example I'm pretty sure that the potted plants were not a part of it before), which was much faster. He also had a slightly different route in some other places and generally played really well. He also used version 1.3 of the game, which might have something to do with it.

Pear und Pidgey gefällt das.
GermanyFabian427 years ago

The End fight in the peaceful world record was extremely fast, they didn't even destroy the crystals. The new non-peaceful seed is new and therefore not completely optimised yet. And you can run into mobs in that category, which slows you down.

But the time difference is so big that I would guess that it's worth a try, sure. But if course only in those old versions.

Imaproshaman und Lul_ecks_dee gefällt das.
Thread: Boom Blox
GermanyFabian427 years ago

All other runs have available videos, even second and third place.

Thread: Boom Blox
GermanyFabian427 years ago

Same for Vanish.

Thread: Boom Blox
GermanyFabian427 years ago

The rules say that video evidence is required for the world record, but that person used a video that is no longer available.

GermanyFabian427 years ago

What do you mean, the seed of an existing world?

GermanyFabian427 years ago

You seem to be confused indeed. What was that arrangement of words meant to say?

WhoIsWORM und charlocharlie gefällt das.
GermanyFabian427 years ago

Arbitrary code execution is a method of using multiple bugs in the game to write into an unused area of RAM and then jumping to it, thereby executing instructions that you wrote into that area. Here is an explanation video:

333Rich333 und Blamesday gefällt das.
Thread: The Site
GermanyFabian427 years ago

Google+ was shut down for regular users, it should be removed from the profile settings and from profiles.

Gelöscht
, Imaproshaman und 2 Andere gefällt das.
GermanyFabian427 years ago

If it makes running slower, there will probably be a new category.

KilleDragon, GoodGoomba und 5 Andere gefällt das.
Fabian42 Informationen
Beigetreten
7 years ago
Online
3 months ago
Läufe
0
Beobachtete Spiele
Grand Poo World 2
Grand Poo World 2
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
The Witness
The Witness
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
1
Besuch
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
1
Besuch
Grand Poo World
Grand Poo World
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1
Besuch
Super Mario Maker
Super Mario Maker
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
1
Besuch
Super Mario Maker Level Packs
Super Mario Maker Level Packs
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
1
Besuch
Marble Marcher
Marble Marcher
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
1
Besuch
Super Mario Maker 2
Super Mario Maker 2
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
1
Besuch