Kommentare
United StatesDrMooCowz7 months ago

Was sort of an accident, but I finished a run with something like 12300-12400 points and that still rewarded me with the silver medal.

I experimented around and I think the threshold for silver is 12000 points and not 12500 like the category rules say.

While it lasts, here's the timestamped link in a VOD to show 12040 is enough for a silver (plus a few other experiments).

Link to VOD

I didn't confirm an exact match of 12000 being good enough, but that's might guess for the Silver threshold and think the Silver category should be adjusted.

United StatesDrMooCowz2 years ago

That's cool.

Assuming that just continues to cycle over and over, can just think of it as:

1:8 chance for health

1:8 chance for bert

6:8 chance for points

From what I've played, it does seem like it's points more often than not, so this makes sense.

Anything that can be done to manipulate this..... that's a great question! Obviously, getting all the lucky berts is what we'd all love to do, and maybe it opens an idea of maintaining bert on entire levels that weren't fathomed before.

Or, making sure you don't get pills for a Mark only run >:)

United StatesDrMooCowz3 years ago

Sorry it took me so long, but finally upload a sample video showing the MiSTer in action. I did the whole loading process and showed it was on the PAL video standard. Ignore the bad gameplay, it was clear I was rusty and couldn't remember what to do towards the end since I game over'd, but hopefully this is enough to show you the MiSTer and get opinions on how it compares with the real C64 and VICE.

Let me know if there's any questions or something else I can do.

United StatesDrMooCowz3 years ago

If I get a chance next week, I'll try to make some sample videos for both PAL and NTSC on the MiSTer, if you're interested to see how it compares with VICE. Would do something simple and short to try to make it easy.

Eino gefällt das.
United StatesDrMooCowz3 years ago

I got a MiSTer earlier this year and really been enjoying it, especially with C64 games not crashing on my NTSC machine since it doesn't handle PAL games well sometimes!

Was wondering what the thoughts were for submitting runs via the MiSTer?

If you don't know, essentially it's a hardware emulation using FPGA. You can find more information out about the MiSTer Project here: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

But yes, I thought I'd ask about using it before submitting runs with it to the PAL side of the board.

United StatesDrMooCowz4 years ago

Oh... need a field for Player 2 on the submission form.

United StatesDrMooCowz4 years ago

A friend and I were messing around with this game the other day and we decided to make up a 2 player speedrun of it. It was surprisingly more fun than it should have been! Here's a link to the run we did:

We followed the 1 player rules as closely as we could. I would say we did this:

"In 2-Player 100% the players starts the game as 2 players. Timer starts when player 1 gains control of the first item. Timer stops once player 2 gets to the "You are a champion" screen."

Would be cool to have the category created so that we could submit this officially. :)

United StatesDrMooCowz4 years ago

duuuuude, interesting!

Unbekannt
United StatesDrMooCowz4 years ago

Yeah, I would say require the data reset and clock officially starts at "Game Start" for both 1 week challenge and Division%, just like the Super Bowl%.

HowDoUPlay gefällt das.
Unbekannt
United StatesDrMooCowz4 years ago

Lose A Game - I don't think it's that much different than win a game on how it plays out. Figure out some way to let the computer score (can force a safety if you run out of bounds in the end zone), then just the avoid tackles thing. I don't think it's different enough than Win A Game.

Pro Bowl% might be "ok", but I'm guessing dodging tackles with Jackson or another really good RB probably isn't drastically different than Win A Game. The data reset should still be encouraged, as I think player status from an ongoing season will be a factor in the Pro Bowl and you can completely edit the "All Star" rosters and put in trash players/backups from teams if you really wanted to take the time to manipulate it. And obviously, that would be against the spirit of the idea. I'm lukewarm on this one overall.

Division% could be interesting. You'll likely want to be undefeated to increase the chances of the division being won faster, but it's very dependent on the records of the other teams in the division on when this happens. Maybe you don't get it until week 17, maybe you get it super early in like week 12. Very random on how that could play out and picking your team/division could be a big factor. I could see this also being a "bonus" run where times are just submitted as a bonus for a Win the Super Bowl% run.

Week 1 challenge sounds interesting. 14 games is still a lot (Super Bowl is 19-20, depending on earning a Bye). Little bit of menu manipulation, too, for picking which 14 teams to set to "Man" (and making sure you don't pick 2 that play each other!) before kicking off the Game Start.

Comeback% - I think the Points% idea is pretty similar to this idea for the mechanics of how it plays out.

And thank you for taking the lead on moderating!

HowDoUPlay, SchmidttyGames, und zekeSSB gefällt das.
United StatesDrMooCowz5 years ago

I'm fairly new at doing speedruns, but if there's that much of a difference between PAL vs NTSC, I would say keep it separate. That probably makes it easier on you, as well to not do time math. And yes, thank you! I got my original C64 up and running again about a month ago and been happy playing it and exploring the library. :)

Eino und Jck gefällt das.
United StatesDrMooCowz5 years ago

I see this now. I was confused on Sunday when I was running this if the first screen meant the "Player 1 screen" or "actual gameplay screen". It makes sense now in hindsight to be the actual gameplay screen. Might be good to modify the wording for that, since I looked at the other runs for what they did instead of looking here. :)

DrMooCowz Informationen
Beigetreten
5 years ago
Online
6 days ago
Läufe
67
Gespielte Spiele
ToeJam & Earl
ToeJam & Earl
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
22
Läufe
Stardew Valley
Stardew Valley
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
12
Läufe
Monster Party
Monster Party
Letzter Durchlauf 11 months ago
8
Läufe
Tecmo Super Bowl
Tecmo Super Bowl
Letzter Durchlauf 7 months ago
7
Läufe
The Little Mermaid
The Little Mermaid
Letzter Durchlauf 5 years ago
3
Läufe
Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular!
Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular!
Letzter Durchlauf 6 months ago
3
Läufe
Caveman Games
Caveman Games
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
2
Läufe
BC's Quest for Tires
BC's Quest for Tires
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
2
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
RollerGames
RollerGames
Letzter Besuch 3 months ago
1
Besuch
Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular!
Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular!
Letzter Besuch 6 months ago
3
Besuche
The Gadget Twins
The Gadget Twins
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
2
Besuche
Fushigi no yume no Alice (Alice in Wonderdream)
1
Besuch
Tecmo Super Bowl (16-bit)
Tecmo Super Bowl (16-bit)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
2
Besuche
Bruce Lee (C64)
Bruce Lee (C64)
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
166
Besuche
BC's Quest for Tires
BC's Quest for Tires
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
68
Besuche
ToeJam & Earl
ToeJam & Earl
Letzter Besuch 11 months ago
402
Besuche