Kommentare
Thread: Lomando
WalesCyberBoone1 month ago

RNG manipulation in Lomando is a daunting prospect. Kaidan1.html uses Javascript's "Math.random()" function, which is called only when the player clicks to descend a staircase or to turn on the staircase landings (ie. immediately before a demon encounter can occur). The odds of getting optimal RNG are 1/36, so looking into a setup to consistently achieve this seems reasonable. We'd need to check a few things:

  • Does fully restarting the game create a new RNG sequence every time?
  • Does refreshing Kaidan1.html preserve the same RNG sequence as well? Is the page opened in a new Javascript environment when entering it from the page before?
  • Do any browsers produce reproducible RNG across reloads? Do any browsers behave differently?
  • And if all goes well, can we log the browser's RNG value during testing to determine potential ways to predict it?

Unfortunately, if RNG changes on every fresh page load, manipulation might not be possible. The stairs are a major unforgiving point of the game, and are reset-heavy. Keep trying! :)

Nachrichten: Lomando
WalesCyberBoone1 year ago
Dieser Kommentar wurde gelöscht
Lauf: Lomando
WalesCyberBoone1 year ago

ayy good job!

KonyaliAbyss gefällt das.
Lauf: Lomando
WalesCyberBoone3 years ago

I would recommend making an account, it is very useful! For now we can discuss here. Are you interested in running Lomando? If so, what are your thoughts on all of this?

Zanum gefällt das.
Lauf: Lomando
WalesCyberBoone3 years ago

Awesome stuff! My Discord is CyberBoone#0393, if you'd like to add me! (This goes for everyone else interested too!)

Zanum gefällt das.
Lauf: Lomando
WalesCyberBoone3 years ago

I agree that this is a non-trivial advantage, but I made it clear for the moderator that a local copy was the version I was running on, and the run was still approved. I believe this is a matter the community needs to discuss with the moderator. I have already told some other runners that unfortunately I cannot share the local copy due to the Lomando website being protected by Copyright - please don't think I am keeping this from the community, I would absolutely share if it was not against the wishes of the website author.

Perhaps we could discuss other options, such as removing load times from submissions, with the moderator over Discord? We could start a group chat for this. I am comfortable removing this run from Speedrun.com in the meantime.

Zanum und ShadowDearest gefällt das.
CyberBoone Informationen
egg enjoyer
Beigetreten
4 years ago
Online
1 day ago
Läufe
11
Gespielte Spiele
Lomando
Lomando
Letzter Durchlauf 1 year ago
6
Läufe
Strawberry Jam Collab
Strawberry Jam Collab
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
5
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Lomando
Lomando
Letzter Besuch 19 days ago
316
Besuche
F-Zero X
F-Zero X
Letzter Besuch 8 months ago
57
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Lomando
Lomando
Letzte Aktion 19 days ago
57
Aktionen