Congratulations! Very glad to see the community grow
Just verified this run. I'm taking the Escape% runs now, its taking some time because I'm watching all the top scores for them to be precise (there was never so much competition at the top as now). I'm gonna check the Hard% later in the week
Congratulations on your time! At this date, it's a world record. Very impressive. I love that you are discussing the game, please consider opening forum posts for the topic if you'd like to discuss the same things there as well
Oh, okay! Thank you for all the info. We've been a little busy and coulnd't check the runs yet. We'll get to it this week, sorry for the delay
Hello, we are checking the runs with my team mate, please understand these are for the first place and we need to check them (and the current first place too) again, very carefully and might take a little bit longer. We were also curious, what platform are you playing in?
Hello PinksFlora, I already checked out and accepted your other clip. You got an incredible time with this one, what do you mean when you say the timing feels off? Any moment in particular you'd like for us to check out? I have to ask the other admin for his opinion too
Hello! We received both your runs, we will be checking them as soon as we can. Don't worry about the quality, as long as we can see it and time it properly we will take it
That said, we retime every single run according to the speedrun rules by checking them frame by frame (over the key moments) in a video editor, so if there are small inaccuracies on your timer that shouldn't be a problem either. We check it like that to make sure everyone gets the same timing criteria
Cheers mate!
Hello Man_From_Poland, we can't accept this run because of the slow motion right before you go into the final tunnel
This goes against general rule N°6 "...video related issues that can compromise the time measurment...."
Please reupload your run with the regular unedited footage at the end, and we will be happy to check it out. You don't need to take this video down if you like it like this in your channel, I believe you can upload the same video with the unlisted setting and we can still time that one and accept it if it doesn't have any problems
EDIT: Also, while discussing this with the other admin, he pointed to me that something weird happens at the beginning of the run as well. The hand moves to the gear but the timer doesn't start and the car seems to take too long to start. Did you edit this part as well? If so, we ask you to also clean this part
The retiming criteria (this is in the general rules as well) states the following "When retiming a run, we agreed to start the time at the last frame before any hand movement can be seen". This means that if we take this run and retime it just like we do every other run we would need to take into the account all the time the hand moves but the car doesn't start. I ask you again to clear any slow motion or edition you might have done in this part, since it will damage your run time
-CiggyRat
PS: Also, it isn't a problem in this run because it is an Escape% run, but keep in mind for the future if you run Hard% or Hell% you NEED to show the menu selection in the video
Hola Enrique, te hablo en español porque según pude ver en tu video también eres hispanohablante
Lamentamos la demora en la revisión del video. No es que hayamos encontrado algo malo con ella ni nada, simplemente aún no pudimos revisarla. Ya estamos en eso, un abrazo y gracias por unirte a la comunidad
I deleted my previous answer because I realized we had already come around to reviewing your run. Still, I want to take this oportunity to clarify that this is not normal and it is due to a combination of life getting busier for us and runs increasing in quantity this year.
When we took over moderation, we'd be lucky if we got one or two runs every few months. Lately, there have been submissions every other week! We let a few of them pile up and now we are struggling to keep up. Don't worry, we will check them all. It's just that we want to take the time to actually review and retime each one with the proper care
Thank you for your patiente
That's great to hear, man! We the moderation team will get to review it as soon as we have the time. Cheers
Hi Nando, thanks for posting
If we take the rules at face value as they are written right now, the answer would be no, you can't pause when you die. Right now the rules state that the timer starts the moment you start driving at the beginning of the run and it doesn't stops until you reach the end. We could consider some sort of revision, but for now, the time in between deaths is considered part of the run
Hi, first of all apologies in behalf of the moderation team for taking so long to both reply and to detect that one rude answer that was out of place. Are you still having problems? What Dugnom suggested about recording software can be very much true, and using another device (even if not anything fancy) is a good idea as well if everything else fails
Question: Is your game running in the lowest quality settings, including buildings off? It might not seem like much but it does make a difference.
Hi guys! I'm quite new here. I was inspired by big mainstream speedrunners to be a part of this too, but knew that I didn't really had a shot with the big games. Then I remembered about flash games. I made myself an account here and started looking for some of the classic games from my childhood, until I found one I used to be very good at. Right away, I hopped in there, told a friend about it, and we started running and getting involved into that little community. And I'm loving it. I'm very glad I'm a part of this now, even if in a small game.
What I'm trying to say, tho, it's that it seems like most flash games aren't really popular in speedrunning. And I also feel that everyone has a fair chance with Flash games yknow? Most PCs can run them, they are less time demanding, and pretty much anyone could try and give it a shot. So, I encourage you to think of that old flash game you used to love and give it a shot here! Specially in these times where browser support for flash is no longer needed to play and we have tools that make it easier.
Well, that's it. Thank you for reading and its good to be here!
Hi! Libonet and I are the new moderation team for this game. We have made several changes that we think are fair in the categories and rules.
We won't abandon the page, since we turned on e-mail notifications for every time a run is sumbitted.
Please, don't hesitate in leaving any suggestion you have in mind or contacting us if you have an issue! We will do our best to keep the site on its feet
I'm now gonna list the changes we made: -Removed Max% -Major changes on the rules and regulations for 100% (In result of this, DREZ's old run was obsolete, but we created a new category as a tribute) -Added Survivor% and Hell% -Minor changes on the rules for Escape%, Hard% and in the General Game Rules (Minor changes, all previous runs are still valid) -Added new Tool and Save resources
Just to be clear, I'm ok with upgraded cars on most categories, but it really doesn't make sense on 100% since you wouldn't be starting from 0% And that said, it would be fun to have something like CleanEscape% where you start with a vanilla car and do the great escape! Just ideas that I think would improve RotD speedrunning
Hello! I'm new to speedrunning and I've chosen to start with RotD beacuse I'm familiar with the game (I've gotten some decent times and I will be sumbitting runs soon!) Thing is, I have some doubts about whether we should be able to start with a fully modded car or not. Hear me out, Escape% and Hard% clarify on the rules than that is allowed so thats ok. But 100% doesn't and the only run starts with a fully upgraded car.
My point being, wouldn't it make sense that starting from scratch was a requirement for 100% runs? Also, maybe a category just like escape but with a clean car would be really interesting with much more strategy involved. What do you guys think?

Argentina
