Kommentare
Indiana, USACasj135722 days ago

on the xbox version we can softlock the game by trapping ourselves near the Legion Boss fight as the Magical Ticket that should spawn to prevent that from happening does not spawn on the xbox version... so if we were to skip obtaining the steal skill, then get the Devil ID, register the save near Legion, warp to Julia's shop, place the Devil ID with her, get rid of most our tickets, then warp back to the Save room. there would be no way out of that area (that we are aware of)

Indiana, USACasj13571 month ago

Looking through the game a bit, having all the enemy data includes the % drop rate of Rosarios on enemies. Several enemies on the PS2 version cannot drop Rosarios; however, it seems that they can on the xbox version. (Ghost lv3 is the main example I can think of for this)

Indiana, USACasj13571 year ago

here is an example run

TigerKaze gefällt das.
Indiana, USACasj13571 year ago

https://www.speedrun.com/castlevania_curse_of_darkness/forums/d4p16 this Is how we changed our rules for Castlevania: Curse of Darkness so I could do a very similar thing for this one if that is what everyone wants done.

Indiana, USACasj13571 year ago

https://github.com/CDRomatron/VideoLoadRemover this is the link to the Load Time Remover (which I have had posted in the resources tab here for a while)

Indiana, USACasj13571 year ago

To time runs with LRT you will need the LRT program, Livesplit, and the video of the run to time. you need to set up the LRT image to pause when the loading image is/are on screen, and just let it play the video and time it from the start to the end. Here is a short video on me setting it up for Castlevania: Curse of Darkness: It will be the same concept except the loading screen will look different.

Indiana, USACasj13571 year ago

The 1:03 is a different run, I deleted the 1:02...

Indiana, USACasj13571 year ago

(Sorry for being very slow to get to this) I never changed the times as I didn't get a coherent response on if that is what people actually wanted to be done. The load time remover I'm aware of (and use for a few things) is based on the image of the game loading and will pause a/the timer for you when it is on-screen. The other game I ran/run had it for a while but we didn't have the rules changed until 'recently' and I partially wanted to see what was chosen there before making a 1 man decision on it. What we (mostly I) decided to do with it in that game was require the game and timer to always be visible during the run if you were using it, and I put a secondary restriction for anyone who did not want to use it as they could submit the RTA style time as the LRT time as the former will always be worse than the latter. So If you would like to give a response on if/how you would like that to be added I will be happy to, but as I've been really busy I can't re-time the runs at the moment. (and I need to do that for some in the other game before I would get to this one)

Indiana, USACasj13572 years ago

This game does not have its own server, but we do have it listed on the Castlevania: Speedruns discord. https://discord.gg/fXUT9Xkr4X

Bluescreen18 gefällt das.
Indiana, USACasj13572 years ago

Rules Updates:

  1. In general we are no longer timing this game by IGT. Instead we are going to time it with the load time remover, if you do not wish to use it you can submit the RTA time with loads as the LTR time. any submission going forward that wants to use LTR must have video proof and must have the timer visible throughout the entire run.

"You are allowed to use the Load Time Remover for submissions to remove the time where the screen is completely black (such as going into or out of the menu) or any time the 'loading' message is in the bottom-right corner of the screen. (If you do not use the load time remover your time with loads removed will be the same as your RTA time). LTR timing is the default timing method."

This allows all runs on the board to remain where they follow the rules except for runs that were only submitted with IGT. Those are being left grandfathered in but are now at the bottom of the leaderboards. This is because the RTA time will always be equal to or worse than the LTR time.

  1. Because we are using LTR time going forward the console split is no longer needed because the loading times were the whole point they were split in the first place (so the xbox runs are no longer on the leaderboard [This only affected me and I'm fine with them not being there])

  2. I have added glitchless categories to the boards (read bottom of this)

  3. I have also added a misc category for IGT timed runs (read bottom of this)

If you want any runs moved from where they are to a different part of the leaderboard please make a response here.

I have moved any person's top time from the old default category of it to the place it now best fits in the new leaderboard. (These were most of the Trevor mode any% PS2 sumbissions and 1 time from Any% Hector PS2 they are now in the glitchless categories where they fit better)

If you want any run re-timed you can either re-time the run to follow the new rules for the category and re-submit with a comment telling us what run you are re-submitting or you can ask me to re-time it (but it might take a bit of time before I can do it)

Indiana, USACasj13573 years ago

It is press R + L at the same time (put on skates + Camera Reset); I'm pretty sure you have to press both together to get it to skip the majority of the cutscenes; however, there are some cutscenes you skip with start (Pause).

Good Luck with your runs!

TrinityThatcher gefällt das.
Indiana, USACasj13573 years ago

This probably isn't exactly what you are talking about, but I did all the single duels as Mirror matches with their decks:

Indiana, USACasj13573 years ago

Currently I've been unable to do the OoB with the ID summon in the Trevor fight on the Xbox version. It could just be different, but there is a chance that it is not possible.

Indiana, USACasj13575 years ago
  1. I forgot to add GBA to the platforms, that was my fault
  2. Thank you. I didn't know much about the GBA version except it was different. I'll put the end when the credits start.
Indiana, USACasj13575 years ago

I will add a board for the GBA version here for now. If we want to divide it in the future we can do that.

Indiana, USACasj13575 years ago

All of them have been retimed now if you strictly remove the load screens, but it is likely the transitions also are a bit different between them.

bananannah gefällt das.
Indiana, USACasj13575 years ago

Due to console differences, I want to go back and time all runs on the leaderboard removing the load times. I intend to use a load time remover that was created for Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, so we could combine the consoles in that game due to load time differences. I will add the tool to the resources and be slowly getting to runs as I have time... I intend to go from the bottom of the board up. I currently am only timing out the loads where the game says "Loading". There most likely will be some amount of human error in my re-timing of runs, as I'm not currently frame counting them.

for the 7th place run by PuffyPalace I timed it to 1:48:42.03 RTA, and 1:40:10.84 with Load Times removed. for 6th place by BlessyVF I timed it to 1:18:17.89 RTA, and 1:10:10.00 with Load Times removed. for 5th place by bananannah I timed it to 1:11:47.77 RTA, and 1:06:33.27 with Load Times removed. for 4th place by RazzberryBlitz I timed it to 1:05:17.57 RTA and 1:00:28.81 with Load Times removed. for 3rd place by kuyrah I do not have access to the video, the only time we have is their time of 1:04:58, and without the video I can't time it removing the load times. for 2nd place by LylatR I timed it to 1:04:39.28 RTA and 0:58:50.10 with Load Times removed for 1st place by Casj1357 I timed it to 1:02:03.09 RTA and 58:00.55 with Load Times removed

bananannah gefällt das.
Indiana, USACasj13575 years ago

Also this is the leaderboard for the Gamecube/PS2 version of the Game. As the PC version and the GBA version are significantly different. Thus Gamecube was the version of the game being played not necessarily indicative of the console being played on (If you want that I have a ton of problems with any emulator run that is submitted. as PS2 emulators are not currently banned and have a significant advantage over console due to loading differences in the PCSX2 emulator; also, no rules have been defined for what emulator are/are not allowed. I would like to leave emulators allowed due to accessibility reasons but ultimately might have to ban them. but I would suggest using the load time remover that was developed for the Castlevania: Curse of Darkness speedrun community as a compromise if your only concern is the load times. )

I had concidered putting the PC version and GBA versions on this leaderboard as their own tabs, but have not had any reason to do so as of yet since no-one to my knowledge has shown any interest for those.

Indiana, USACasj13575 years ago

The run was not done on gamecube it was played on my black rvl-101 Wii with the game loaded from an SD card with nintendont. I will be more than happy to remove the run, or change the way in which it was submitted. I only had that run submitted after I submitted(fixed typo) and had my run for Forever Diamondz approved and used that as my reason/justification for approval. (added): in that run's video you can clearly see it being loaded in that manner at the start.

Indiana, USACasj13575 years ago

I personally think that 100% should include more than just the magazine tasks, but I don't know what else would be good to include besides the special character tokens. I don't know how to reasonably verify if someone bought all the clothes or something like that.

Since there does seem to be some interest for a different category beyond any% I will add "All tasks" to the leaderboard, and if it has zero activity I can remove it later.

Casj1357 Informationen
Beigetreten
10 years ago
Online
1 day ago
Läufe
183
Gespielte Spiele
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Letzter Durchlauf 11 days ago
77
Läufe
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
57
Läufe
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Letzter Durchlauf 2 years ago
39
Läufe
Ocarina of Time Category Extensions
Ocarina of Time Category Extensions
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
5
Läufe
Bratz: Rock Angelz (GCN/PS2)
Bratz: Rock Angelz (GCN/PS2)
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
5
Läufe
Star Fox 64
Star Fox 64
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
3
Läufe
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
3
Läufe
Nimpize Adventure
Nimpize Adventure
Letzter Durchlauf 6 years ago
3
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Letzter Besuch 5 months ago
1,686
Besuche
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny
Letzter Besuch 5 months ago
475
Besuche
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
198
Besuche
Ocarina of Time Category Extensions
Ocarina of Time Category Extensions
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
124
Besuche
Bratz: Rock Angelz (GCN/PS2)
Bratz: Rock Angelz (GCN/PS2)
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
512
Besuche
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Letzter Besuch 5 months ago
467
Besuche
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
28
Besuche
Bratz Forever Diamondz
Bratz Forever Diamondz
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
105
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Bratz: Rock Angelz (GCN/PS2)
Bratz: Rock Angelz (GCN/PS2)
Letzte Aktion 2 years ago
18
Aktionen
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Letzte Aktion 1 year ago
2
Aktionen
Bratz: The Movie
Bratz: The Movie
Letzte Aktion 6 years ago
1
Aktion